• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transgaf: 'cause boys will be girls (and vice versa)

Cetra

Jamie xxoo said:
I *want* to like RPGs, I like the characters and stories and ideas behind them, I just... get bored with the fighting. And I hate mazes, I get lost in a paper bag.

Ahhh, I bet you'd dig Mass Effect 2 then. It's really really close to being just a third person shooter. The RPG elements are really scaled back. Just a few talents to assign and awesome conversational encounters here and there. Really really awesome game.

I'm pretty over the old-school of RPG design myself. Dunno why I'm on such a JRPG kick lately though. It's weird. Or I'm weird. Who knows. It's one or the other for sure! XD

Cetra

Not really, the story in Mass Effect 2 is pretty self contained. Any references to first game you might get confused over can be cleared up using the Galactic Codex. It's like an encyclopedia of the Mass Effect universe. And the majority of the test has voice over. So it's extra spiffy.

But really I don't think you'd need to play ME1 at all. Though, ME1 one is also a pretty stellar game.

I'm a bit burned out on shooters too tho. I really enjoyed UC2 for the platforming and story. I've been playing ExciteBike World a bit too. I got half way through the game without realizing there was a boost button LOL.

I've played games for a loooong time, but I'm not very good at them!

Cetra

Jamie xxoo said:
I'm a bit burned out on shooters too tho. I really enjoyed UC2 for the platforming and story. I've been playing ExciteBike World a bit too. I got half way through the game without realizing there was a boost button LOL.

I've played games for a loooong time, but I'm not very good at them!

haha, thats me to a T. I'm decent enough to complete single player modes on hard etc. (Well, except Bayonetta, 'cause holy crap!) But throw me in multi-player and I'm just terrible. Only reason I'm there that I can tell is to feed the opposing team points. xD

I assume you mean Uncharted 2? I really need to check that game out. I absolutely adored the first on until it devolved into a Gear of War clone near the end of the game. Is the shooting in 2 at least better than the first?

Waaaaaay better. Zero complaints about the game. I loved the first one too. I still like it better actually, but only because it was such a blow-my-mind experience at the time. Sequels can never quite match the level of "OMG" that originals can early in a console's life though. Well, not usually.

Cetra

Interesting. I may have to go pick this up purely on your recommendation!

I agree. Sequels rarely outdo the originals. Which why I like ME2 so much. It took everything annoying about ME1 and just got rid of it completely. ME2 is so much more awesome and focused for it.

Then it can also go completely the other way. Like Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena. It's no where near the level of win that Escape from Butcher Bay is. It's almost so bad it makes me wish Assault was never released. :lol

There's been a thread about this, comparing first games and sequels.

You know what sequel I'm hanging for? Mirror's Edge 2 - I thought the first game was phenomenal but there was room for improvement, definitely. I hope the reason for the long wait between the first and second game is that they're really perfecting it.

Red Steel 2 blows away it's predecessor apparently.

Cetra

LOVED the demo for Mirror's Edge. Just never got around to picking it up. Yet another game I need to go snag. :lol :lol

And I dun has a Wii. ><;

I... don't know if I would recommend a wii to someone who doesn't have one by now or not.

Mirror's Edge is a love/hate game but you should be able to find it in bargainbins by this point.

Cetra

I'd totally buy one if the Wii actually output at HD resolutions. I've played Mario Galaxy and a few other games on it and loved them. But I just can't stand the way the games look on HD displays.

Hay Nintendo, you reading? Wii HD please!

Component output looks OK. You'll be dead and cold in your grave before Nintendo improves the Wii display. The Wii shop is the best part of wii. And you can get a schmexy black one now!

So anyway Ainsley if you think it's bad not having black Wiis over there we still haven't even gotten ExciteBots yet.

(Flawless victory!)

Cetra

vaderno.jpg

So, Mirror's Edge! How awesome is that! :lol :lol :lol

Oh it's great. Have you heard of this game called <speaking slowly and loudly>M-A-R-I-O B-R-O-T-H-E-R-S ??</speaking slowly and loudly>

Do not know what Excitebots is. Who lets these people in? Mods? MODS? DID YOU SEE WHAT THIS PERSON *SAID*???

OK I'm over it now.

Cetra

Of course I've heard of Mario Brothers! Used to have to fight over with mah dad! XD

I'm curious, might ExciteBots be whats called ExciteBike over here?

Cetra

I wiki'd it! And it kinda is! But not! Or something! Learn something new everyday ya do. :lol

And no, I wouldn't know how to bait! Even if I were a fisher!

Cetra

This is true. Sandwiches are pretty epic. But I'm already hungry and I dun need to eat! Food bad! :lol

*starts thinking about smoked turkey on wheat with provalone and brown mustard. And tomatoes! Mmmmmmm.*

Cetra

It's okay. Reckon we'll just have to forge ahead with a new strategy. I suggest we enlist the aide of the Muffin People of Zimbawoobietoots. They are stout warriors, and can be useful when caught between a rock and a hard place!

In other news. Therapy tomorrow. I'm excited as hell. Yet still extremely nervous. I should take in less caffine.

Good luck at the therapist's hun! I will be thinking of you. Tomorrow I'll be babysitting. I live a life of danger and glamor!

They're love birds, he's saying we're in lurrrrrve. Just 'cause we're having a conversation. Hmph.

Ainsley's sweet and everything but I would like my personal lovebird to have more of a testosterone-y vibe going on. No offense Ains, you're great. <3

Lexi I can't believe you!! :lol At least you posted the one here you've got a top on. =P

Cetra

Digging the sly smirk. ;)

Love birds eh... Thats quite the sly bit of implying there. :lol

But, you're wrong grand poster of birds.

@Jamie: You totally said lurve. Thats awesome. :lol

Shanadeus

Banned
tehAinsley said:

Love birds eh... Thats quite the sly bit of implying there. :lol

But, you're wrong grand poster of birds.

Meh, I'll take any excuse for posting lovebirds..
They are so adorable:
2004%2009-05%20Masked%20Lovebird%20Chicks%206.jpg

Shanadeus said:
Meh, I'll take any excuse for posting lovebirds..
They are so adorable:
2004%2009-05%20Masked%20Lovebird%20Chicks%206.jpg

This is true.

Are they your birds? Are those your hands?

tehAinsley said:

Also, I say it just like Celine Dion sings it.

If you don't know what that sounds like for GOD'S SAKE *DON'T* go listening to Celine Dion to find out.

I do not need this on my conscience.

Good luck at the therapist's, not that you'll need it. Thy are there to help. I'm excited for you!

Cetra

LMAO! I totally learned to appreciate that pronunciation from Celine Dion as well! 'Cause LUUUUURVE comes from those who beleive! And thats the way it is~!!

I'm so going to hell for that. :lol :lol

Awww, thanks darlins. I'll let you both know how it goes. Full report will be delivered by 8AM on Thursday, with graphs! <3

Shanadeus

Banned
Jamie xxoo said:
This is true.

Are they your birds? Are those your hands?

Haha oh no, that's just some random cute lovebird babies.
This is my (really my girlfriend's) lovebird:
2yuww7k.jpg

We found him in a very roughed up shape outside and rescued him, and now he is a happy and cheeky lovebird:
ek2p9u.jpg

Jamie xxoo said:
Also, I say it just like Celine Dion sings it.

If you don't know what that sounds like for GOD'S SAKE *DON'T* go listening to Celine Dion to find out.

I do not need this on my conscience.

Good luck at the therapist's, not that you'll need it. Thy are there to help. I'm excited for you!
Heey, nothing wrong with some Celine Dion D:
And everything will go great for you Ains, best of luck to you!

Poor birdie! What a turnaround though, he (or she, I don't wanna impose labels lol) looks great now. Good job!

Lovebirds need friends tho!

Shanadeus

Banned
Jamie xxoo said:
Poor birdie! What a turnaround though, he (or she, I don't wanna impose labels lol) looks great now. Good job!

Lovebirds need friends tho!
Oh that's taken care of already, he (or she, we don't know really but we're leaning towards the former) has already bonded with my girlfriend.

-.-

lexi

Banned
Himuro said:
Nice! Got any new stories? Still scared of going out in public in skirts?

Well, funny you ask, because I have a job interview next Tuesday and I'll be attending in a very professional looking pencil skirt / blouse / jacket outfit.

I spoke with the recruiter over the phone and everything and I'm half convinced he thinks I'm a male named Lexi. I mean, surely, right? My voice is so terrible surely it would have to give it away.

Hey welcome back! You didn't miss much. It's mostly just pics of Sexy Lexi and inane conversation between Ains and some pointless scrub.

Top Bottom