• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transgender VA hired by Dead by Daylight to voice killer character "The unknown" demands reparations after seeing character model.

Sleepwalker

Michael Jordan Lol GIF by ESPN

Last edited:
'it has ruined my reputation, has put me physically at risk for being attacked in public if anybody recognizes my face or voice...'

'attacked in public'? attacked by who? & why? the only people offended by this will be the same people who promote gender ideology, meaning this person's afraid that these people will attack them? what? why in the hell would anyone else not offended even bother?...

Doomtrain

Also, as an ACTUAL progressive and not whatever terminally online leftists are trying to pass off as progressive these days: it kind of sucks that the message this sends to developers is "don't hire transpeople; they're difficult to work with and will smear you for imagined slights."

I think sometimes about the Queer Eye show, where the overall message is "gay people are super friendly and they'll help you get in shape/learn to cook/upgrade your house/etc. etc." The trans activist community has basically done the exact opposite. I have nothing against transpeople and on the whole, I wish them well, but the activist contingent is fucking them over royally.

Also, as an ACTUAL progressive and not whatever terminally online leftists are trying to pass off as progressive these days: it kind of sucks that the message this sends to developers is "don't hire transpeople; they're difficult to work with and will smear you for imagined slights."

I think sometimes about the Queer Eye show, where the overall message is "gay people are super friendly and they'll help you get in shape/learn to cook/upgrade your house/etc. etc." The trans activist community has basically done the exact opposite. I have nothing against transpeople and on the whole, I wish them well, but the activist contingent is fucking them over royally.
this. it's not complicated. they aren't promoting trans people. they're promoting themselves...

I'm confused. So, the argument is that the character has both a male and female voice? And this design is considered transphobic because the monster is portrayed as a man in a dress? and the voice actor identifies or sees herself as the monster, because she is trans?....is this like method acting or something?

Regardless, we have another case of the Streisand effect.... these people never learn because they just want attention

bitbydeath

I hope the day is coming where LGB rejects the T. They’re tarnishing everything LGB has done.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I get being upset that you're playing an unattractive character... but she must've known the character was a monster this whole time at the very least.
I’m excited for the devs to reply that we did tell this clown shoe what the character was and sent images.

Idk how you can act, or voice act, without knowing the role. You need guidance, descriptions, images, etc.

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

The first part does seem pretty cruel if it went down like that. Trans folk are people too. It's the trumpet blowing in the second part that takes the wind out of it..

So much so that I'll call bullshit on the whole affair. And what 'perfect' timing too, considering the SBI bullshit in gaming that's blown up

Can we just get back to professionals making games. Cheers.

Enough with the Mickey Mouse bullshit.

Top Bottom