• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transgender VA hired by Dead by Daylight to voice killer character "The unknown" demands reparations after seeing character model.

People should at least be given a reasonable expectation of what kind of character they're supposed to be voicing. That part of the complaint is fair.

The rest...not so much. Then again, reading both the backlash and the backlash-to-the-backlash makes me dizzy.
She got one tho she said herself in the original tweet they gave her a description. Also why should ppl be given that? Nobody is forcing her to work

Stuart360

This is priceless!

ray-liotta-laughing.gif

I may even buy the game just because of this, and i have no interest in it lol

M0G

Jesus christ. I'm on neither side of this stupid shit, that's been going on in the past however long. I know certain fuckers feed off this shit ;) But seriously, if you're taking on a job, do your own fucking research. If a team needs to be in place it might as well be your team, nobody should be expected to do it for you. "Project is horror, what's my model like?"

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
Here' s the thing you can't claim to be one thing when it suits then something else when it doesn't.

Edit: Props this Ricky Berwick guy, actual comedy for once.

Last edited:

stickkidsam

Very Funny Laughing GIF

I’m fuckin’ dying lmao

At least it sounds like they’re just upset about the lack of communication if that community note is anything to go by. I guess it’s frothing activists outside the situation that are causing trouble?

That Ricky retweet though holy shit my stomach hurts xD

violence

Very Funny Laughing GIF

I’m fuckin’ dying lmao

At least it sounds like they’re just upset about the lack of communication if that community note is anything to go by. I guess it’s frothing activists outside the situation that are causing trouble?

That Ricky retweet though holy shit my stomach hurts xD
They changed their story for whatever reason. Probably to not kill their career.

stickkidsam

They changed their story for whatever reason. Probably to not kill their career.
That could be a good sign that devs aren’t going to bow to this kind of shit fit at least. Still a shame to see people losing their minds like that (VA included if the addendum was just to save face).

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
why didn't she just embrace it. no one would care or notice
Because some people are emotionally unstable, need pats on the back constantly (the loser at work who every boss needs to coddle), and if they are involved in something (like media creations) they cant be the bad guy or villain. They will only do parts that shine them in a positive light because they actually think the world including hiring managers for future jobs think a video game character and the person who voices it results in real life horror monster like Jason will show up with a machete.

To be fair, give HR credit on this when it comes to an industry of crackpots. I'm sure when they screen for a marketing or finance job, it's a typical interview. When it comes to egotistical people in media, I can see it right now...........

......... "Ah fuck. Got to interview some weird actors and VA people. Wonder what losers show up. I'm going to need a lot of coffee today to get through this."

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I find it interesting that this person makes this twitter attack and SPECIFICALLY calls out a lack of "diversity consultants"....riiiiight as the SBI stuff is blowing up.

This is the grift, hire some "protection" or you get your shop windows digitally smashed in.

Yeah, I'd say this warrants a little more sleuthing, honestly. With deleted comments promoting something this person was later shocked and hurt by is the first plume of smoke, I'd wager there's a fire somewhere. Even if it was just weaponised stupidity, the fact remains that it was weaponised by SOMEONE. It's not historically out of these peoples playbooks to coordinate buckshot articles within hours of each other, essentially the lame Kotaku version of a prison shanking or some shit.

Ozzie666

Personally, I think hey took the job, took the money and may have had some idea what the character looked like and didn't care. It was only after when they went 'oh shit' what have I done, I'll be kicked out of the club and group I am apart of. I think they kicked up a fuss because that community would have hung then for doing the VA work for that visual character which would have not gone down well.

Extremely smart to pre-empt the upcomig controversary or maybe just to save their Ree account.

Just my 2 cents.

Principal

I hope the day is coming where LGB rejects the T. They’re tarnishing everything LGB has done.
I know LGB, especially a lot of G's are getting tired of this, G's have been fighting for so long to be accepted, longer than L's and to have their war ruined like this is insane. Imagine if Black people almost got voting rights then a bunch of thugs started yelling and fighting the streets to be accepted via threats of firing people, black people would be so damn mad lol.

bitbydeath

I know LGB, especially a lot of G's are getting tired of this, G's have been fighting for so long to be accepted, longer than L's and to have their war ruined like this is insane. Imagine if Black people almost got voting rights then a bunch of thugs started yelling and fighting the streets to be accepted via threats of firing people, black people would be so damn mad lol.
Agreed, it is disgusting and some days I wonder if it is intentional.

Principal

Agreed, it is disgusting and some days I wonder if it is intentional.
I don't have anything against T's, I generally feel sorry for them because I can't imagine the intense confusion they experience and I wouldn't want to be hated for it, but like, my brother suffers from Paranoid Schizophrenia but even I can recognise that he is not 100%, but that doesn't give people the right to bully him, but to call him 100 is also unfair to him you know? It makes his war seem like regular day struggles. I want us to be able to return to the days were we can talk but with a mix of modern understand, you know? I fear writing this because it can ruin my future career and that is also wrong. For say, I am wrong about this, but I can still learn and grow, I am not this post in say? 10 years you know?

Top Bottom