• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Evolution (XBLA) New Screens + Trailer Tomorrow

Wow. Full offline and online support. Ridiculously awesome. The only question now is...

How many gold profiles on one xbox can go online together?

In my house 3 of us have gold, and we loathe games that don't let at least two of us splitscreen online.

MW2 :mad:

str8-h4x

I heard the game is near complete and on partner net, is this true?

Spring could be here sooner than we think! Can't wait for more Trials!!!!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I want this so much. Will this be 1200 points? Worth twice as much considering how much I loved the first.

worth 1200 points? Its damn close to worth me buying a 360. Held off on the first game as it was on PC (or at least similar), but this looks outstanding. Never mind the complex editor - I'm happy to suckle on the teat of other talented level designers and just play the shit.

worth 1200 points? Its damn close to worth me buying a 360. Held off on the first game as it was on PC (or at least similar), but this looks outstanding. Never mind the complex editor - I'm happy to suckle on the teat of other talented level designers and just play the shit.

"Worth twice as much" :)

Spiegel

Trials 2 and Trials HD are night and day.

Go buy a 360 and the game now.

Fur_Q

So hyped after that trailer not that I needed to be after Trials HD, more of the same would of done me. Bring the pain.

Brakara

I want this so much. Will this be 1200 points? Worth twice as much considering how much I loved the first.

Trials HD is easily my most played non-mp game this generation, so I would gladly have paid full retail price for a boxed copy of Trials Evolution. Hell, I would even have gotten the special double priced edition. And even at that price it would still be a steal.

whitehawk

Banned
Trials 2 and Trials HD are night and day.

Go buy a 360 and the game now.
Yup. I played HD first. Tried the demo for Trials 2 later, and it's horrific. The physics engine is busted. And playing with a keyboard sucks. It's either no gas or full gas. No in-between.

V_Ben

Banned
is glad he owns a 360 to get this.

is still pissy about pc getting abandoned for dat console gold.

Hey, like Jenkki said, they are a multi platform developer :p Also, if they're owned by Ubisoft now... we're bound to see a multi platform release for either this one or the next one. At least, I hope so :D

...totally still getting this on my 360. Gimme.

Hey, like Jenkki said, they are a multi platform developer :p Also, if they're owned by Ubisoft now... we're bound to see a multi platform release for either this one or the next one. At least, I hope so :D

...totally still getting this on my 360. Gimme.

technically yes they are.

:)

Hawkins

Banned
I think the graphics look worse then the first, but it still is addicting as the first, and I havent even got to the hard levels yet. The track editor is crazy, there is a standard and a pro editor that you can edit almost anything and everything with.

Brakara

Yup. I played HD first. Tried the demo for Trials 2 later, and it's horrific. The physics engine is busted. And playing with a keyboard sucks. It's either no gas or full gas. No in-between.

I have to agree with this. Playing Trials 2 SE is almost impossible when you're used to HD's far superior controls and physics.

Hauk

Neo Member
jenkki, could you tell us if we'll need a Xbox Gold account to access all the user created levels etc?

Would be awesome to know. Haven't used 360 since.. well since Trials HD and Alan Wake came out to be honest, so needless to say I'm not Gold account. Damn shame if Microsoft/Ubi forces Gold requirements into this gem of a game. Played the shit out of Trials HD, oh the grind to perfecting one's reflexes and studying the tracks. Editor was also so easy to use and yet so powerful. Had this little community of online buddies in which we shared tracks and played other's.

Now just waiting for Evolution...

Kolgar

Friends and I just spent all of yesterday playing Trials HD.

After seeing this trailer, it's Day One for its successor.

The first game caused a lot of controller throwing for me, but in a good way. :)

Can't wait for this one. It gives me the same accomplishment through difficulty thing as Meat Boy.

Overdoziz

Banned
Question: If 4 players play local multiplayer, what will happen if someone falls too far behind or if someone has too big of a lead which results in him going off-screen? It won't really be an issue for me as I will only play online but I'm still curious.

Atomski

Question: If 4 players play local multiplayer, what will happen if someone falls too far behind or if someone has too big of a lead which results in him going off-screen? It won't really be an issue for me as I will only play online but I'm still curious.

Theres some vids of the multiplayer. Pretty much if you wipeout or go to far behind it will port you back to about the middle of the screen but you wont quiet have the speed other do.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

In videos it shows they disappear for a few seconds and respawn back behind but closer to the pack of active racers a few more seconds afterwards.

Eurogamer preview
Excerpts
And then, with the release of Trials HD on Xbox Live Arcade, it became more than a mere cult phenomenon. With around 2 million units sold, it's now one of the great success stories on Microsoft's platform, and a benchmark for what's possible in the console download space.

Consider that benchmark shifted. Trials Evolution has been in development for around 18 months and its level of ambition is staggering. The fundamentals are unchanged, as they should be - beneath it all, Trials Evolution still offers the same taut arcade experience as its predecessors. The physics have been left untouched, save for some slightly more forgiving suspension that soaks up the more extreme jumps that Evolution throws at you.

But around that core Trials experience, everything's changed, and it's the new editor that's been the catalyst for the transformation. Each and every track offered up by Trials Evolution has been created in the editor, and it's a powerful tool that goes well beyond the confines of the stunt racing that the series is known for.
But there's one track above all that shows you where Trials is at right now, and where RedLynx itself is at creatively. It's called Mindbender, and it's as giddy a slice of gaming as you're likely to experience this year.

A simple race across rooftops and through warehouses is turned on its head every few hundred yards by subtle shifts in the gravity that spin the world around. There's a level of inventiveness here that brings to mind the work of Nintendo's EAD Tokyo studio (makers of Super Mario Galaxy and 3D Land). And that inventiveness doesn't look to let up.

At present, with the editor only being tinkered with internally, the results are fascinating. As part of the presentation, we're shown a Xevious clone, the rolling green hills of Trials Evolution's playground providing the perfect backdrop for the venerable 2D shooter. Then there's a clone of the work of RedLynx's Helsinki neighbour, Rovio: a baggy reworking of Angry Birds split across multiple levels.

That's not even the half of it. As I prepare to leave RedLynx's studio, I'm excitably ushered into another office where someone's pushed the editor even further. There's a giant fussball table playable by two players, and a flight sim that throws you into a dogfight in the skies of Trials' sandbox. The possibilities, it seems, truly are endless.

SmokyDave

I'm not sure about this. I guess all I really wanted was more levels for Trials HD.

2. "abandoned PC" / "Maybe the next one after this will be PS4/Next Xbox/PC"
Can't speak about future plans as you understand, but we are a multi-platform developer.

Interesting, though infuriatingly non-informative ;P

(Just port HD and call it Trials 3, job done).

Have they ever said anything about getting a new Trials game on Steam?
See the post I just replied to. I think it's unlikely though.

Have they ever said anything about getting a new Trials game on Steam?

No, but since they were recently acquired by Ubisoft, I'd say it won't be too long after Trials Evolution releases that they start talking and, maybe, showing off the upcoming wave of multiplatform releases that are due eventually. HD & Evolution, for now, remain XBLA exclusive while it seems guaranteed for what would be Trials HD 3 to end up on everything.

AkuMifune

Banned
I logged back into Trials HD again in anticipation and had my ass handed to me all over again. So great. I think it's my favorite XBLA game ever too.

Then I noticed some friend had finally beat my hill climb. De-friended. It's easier than doing that all over again!

kidding

Top Bottom