• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trigger Happy Havoc Dangan Ronpa: Early 2014 for US and Europe

Durante

So Vita version confirmed? Awesome news. So bought.

Also, it's about time NISA got some really strong titles. After Tokitowa I think everyone was despairing
emot-v.gif
Well, despairing is very topical for this game.

This is the one that's supposed to be like 999/VLR, right?
It's a mixture of those games with Phoenix Wrigtht, and some of the social link stuff from post-2 Persona. And amazing mini game systems for trials.

kuroshiki

I assume that it will be the Vita "Reload" versions of both 1 and 2. They haven't said either way, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't.

Either way, I will be picking this one up at launch. I already have a few Vita titles that I've been collecting [Persona 4 Golden, Muramasa, Senran Kagura: Shinovi VS, Virtue's Last Reward, etc.] for when I do eventually purchase a Vita, but Danganronpa will probably be the title that pushes me to purchase the handheld immediately [instead of waiting for a more substantial price-drop].

I'm so happy right now.

Edit - It seems when I was posting this, the handheld was revealed. Vita it is! :)

You can get used vita on cowboom for what, $110. I mean, why wait.

Danganronpa and Demon's Gaze in one day? Someone please pinch me. I've just ordered a PSP copy of Danganronpa to play the fan translation but you know what, I'm not even mad.

kuroshiki

Wow, this is amazing to say the least. So happy to be a Vita owner.

Happy is not the right word.

Triumphant it is.

This. Danganronpa Vita localization is going to force my hand, but I'm hoping a price cut hits first.

You can get cheap vita like everywhere.....

Interesting announcement, but I still won't buy a Vita. The damn thing is still too expensive.

http://www.cowboom.com/product/1150385

You gotta be kidding me.

wrowa

So they gave it to NISA? Now that's interesting. I thought it was going to remain internal to Atlus.

Also, it's about time NISA got some really strong titles. After Tokitowa I think everyone was despairing
emot-v.gif

It's by Spike, not Atlus. I think people were expecting that it would be released by Aksys, since Spike Chunsoft and Aksys already have a successful relationship going on with the similarly themed Zero Escape series.

chrono01

You can get used vita on cowboom for what, $110. I mean, why wait.
I don't buy used [this applies to both systems as well as games], unless they're out-of-print and ridiculously difficult to find [such as older titles]. I'd much rather spend the extra $50 [or whatever the price difference is when I decide to buy one] to purchase one brand new.

Hopefully there will be some decent sales [or a price-drop] this coming holiday season. I'm thinking that would be a great time to [finally] grab one. :)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It's been confirmed it is indeed the Vita version and won't use the project zetsubou translation.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I wonder what made NISA decide to do this considering that they typically don't touch VNs. I hope it doesn't become their Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time in that they give into years of fan demand and then it ends up selling six copies :x

Regardless, HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

cj_iwakura

Are there any differences between the versions? I wouldn't mind playing the fan translation then the official later on. Good to know their work wasn't totally wasted.

chrono01

Just the first game, not both of them (like in Reload), right?
If it's for the Vita, it should automatically come with both 1 and 2 [Reload].

That how it was sold in Japan [on the same disc].

Edit - I guess I'm wrong. It seems we're only getting the first after all?

This is so incredibly awesome. Like seriously, today has basically been Christmas in July for localizations. The fact that it's the Vita version is just that much cooler.

t26

If it's for the Vita, it should automatically come with both 1 and 2 [Reload].

That how it was sold in Japan [on the same disc].

Didn't stop Nintendo/Level 5 from selling Inazuma Eleven 3 3DS as a single game in Europe.

Top Bottom