• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Triple H |OT| February Wrasslin

Status
Not open for further replies.

dream

Looks like Meltzer provided another update.

Cody Rhodes, Ron Killings, Dolph Ziggler, Wade Barrett and Kofi Kingston were all injured in some form in the Battle Royal and are getting medical attention at this moment.

The only further information we got is that Kingston appeared shaken up but not seriously injured and Barrett's left arm is in a splint. Rhodes hurt both his elbow and his right leg but not sure the severity of either injury at this point.

Ziggler was not seriously injured as it appeared on television became he came out and did a dark match with C.M. Punk.

Barrett has since been taken to the hospital.

Ithil

Cody Rhodes, Ron Killings, Dolph Ziggler, Wade Barrett and Kofi Kingston were all injured in some form in the Battle Royal and are getting medical attention at this moment.

The only further information we got is that Kingston appeared shaken up but not seriously injured and Barrett's left arm is in a splint. Rhodes hurt both his elbow and his right leg but not sure the severity of either injury at this point.

Ziggler was not seriously injured as it appeared on television became he came out and did a dark match with C.M. Punk.

Fucking hell. That's most of your biggest rising stars there.

Add this to Orton being injured last week, Henry still working hurt, and Del Rio and Christian JUST back from injury, and I'd say the management are freaking out right about now.

Their main events are all (relatively) healthy. The rest of the Mania card can be booked backstage on the day of in between fart jokes

Which begs the question why Show thought it was a good idea to throw him at ALL. The announce table is right there.

I think he just misjudged the amount of force he threw with. That spot is usually done with a slight forward drop on the table side, or a big toss on the ramp side. Not like Show is sloppy or anything, it's a freak accident. That bump could've easily happened JUST as it did with Barretts's arm in a different position, and no one would've been hurt.

A war that consists of only one match that Taker won.

2 matches.

also I really think with Rock vs Cena that taker should have taken this mania off.

Next year it could have been his final match as the highlight. the big 20.0. In texas. It would have been more fitting then jobbing to Hunter.

After the Rock they could gone to Taker vs Cena.

RBH

Yikes.

I think he just misjudged the amount of force he threw with. That spot is usually done with a slight forward drop on the table side, or a big toss on the ramp side. Not like Show is sloppy or anything, it's a freak accident. That bump could've easily happened JUST as it did with Barretts's arm in a different position, and no one would've been hurt.
Looking at the footage again, Show should have gone for the gorilla press style drop, and instead did a weird hybrid.

And jesus fuck at all the people that got injured.

That's all well and good, but I was thinking more the day after WM.

Oh I know. Really wish their roster still had some depth.

Which reminds me, the Raw after Mania usually has a big shake-up or debut. As we all remember last year it was Sin Cara, who has had an unprecedented impact on the business in his debut year. What/who do you all suppose will be happening this year?

Ithil

Live Smackdown tomorrow, and two of SD's top heels are hurt, one very badly.

At least if Wade can't make WM, he can show up in the skybox throughout the event, scowling down at everyone.

i bet if they didn't make their wrestlers wrestle 360 days a year they wouldn't get hurt so much. But I'm probably wrong.

I get what you're saying, but I'd guess its more to do with all these guys destroying themselves in the fucking steel elimination chamber like 24 hours ago. Is it any wonder why these accidents are happening?

The biggest joke is the fact smackdown is live tomorrow too, so they won't be able to hold back and get things 'fixed" in editing. I predict more deaths tomorrow night.

Give me a break. Wrestlers have never wrestled as less as they do know. Guys in the 80s worked 9 shows a week sometimes and never got hurt.

It's not about how you work. It's the quality of work.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, weren't Sheamus and Bryan kicked off the card at last year's WM? Is the fact that they are in a main event WWE's way of saying sorry?

Foley didn't spoil shit, everyone knew it was gonna be takers last match. Notice he hasn't done shit for a year. He is done. Streak will live on but he'll be so badly injured after TEH EPICZZ match that his career will be over.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Shit happens and wrestlers get injured, he misjudged the power of his throw and wade probably just happened to have his arm in the wrong place at the wrong angle. 99% of the time he probably would have been perfectly fine, just one of those weird freak things like wrestlers getting injured jumping off top ropes or doing standard moves they've done a thousand times before. But don't let that stop you guys, wrestlegaf going into hysterics over big show has been highly amusing.

dream

Another update - everyone's fine:

It appears the only serious injury out of Raw tonight was Wade Barrett, who it is now believed suffered a dislocated elbow. Barrett was taken to a Minneapolis hospital after the match.

Yeah, but think about it. All of those guys from the 80s are living happy healthy normal lives nowadays.

:)

Kaladin

Seriously guys, I am marking the fuck out for Hell In A Cell. I can't remember marking out bigger for something like that in a long time...but fuck that will be awesome. It's also the first HIAC I will see live. I can't wait. This Mania will be awesome.

steveovig

It was a pretty entertaining Raw tonight with an “epic” segment with Triple H and Taker, plus Buck Zumhoff was referenced. That alone makes the show great. Also, we got an edgier Cena, so here goes everything.

The show starts with Eve and The Bellas talking and Eve admits she was just using Ryder. Now, she has Cena wrapped around her finger and she is going to use him to get to the top. Only problem is Cena heard everything as he was standing right behind her. He laughs and walks away. Eve officially turns heel and is ousted by Cena in a mere minute and a half! Cena comes to the ring but Eve follows him and says she wants to explain. Lots of heat for her here. Cena interrupts and says she was sipping on the skank juice. He says he lost a good friend because of her, in Ryder. He says Eve and The Rock would be great together because they are both scandalous bitches. Now, Eve tries to put her moves onto Cena but he has none of it and says he wants to remain disease free. Eve begins to cry as Cena leaves and the refs aid Eve. I guess they don't mind being used by Eve.

Sheamus v. Mark Henry-Mark put over Sheamus in this one in a basic match. The finish was Henry going for the World's Strongest Slam but Sheamus countered by landing behind him and hitting the Brogue Kick.

Johnny Ace and Otunga are talking about how everyone else is talking about Ace. Teddy Long joins them but Ace said he had no idea about the support from Elimination Chamber last night. Long is pissed and wants to poll the fans on who should be GM of Raw and Smackdown. He also says anyone on SD can beat Otunga so Ace tells him to pick an SD wrestler and they will fight Otunga later. That sure sounds like fun.

Truth/Kofi v. Primo/Epico-This thing had good heat and Kofi had a great hot tag comeback. The finish was Trouble in Paradise on Primo. Really quick stuff but decent enough.

They showed a good Hall of Fame video for Ron Simmons, including football clips and WCW stuff. Then, Josh Matthews interviews Jericho about last night. Jericho says the EC match was unfair as he was not pinned or eliminated by anyone and he questioned Punk's reign as champion. Jericho said he was the best in the world and not Punk and that he will win the 10 man battle royal for the shot at Punk at WM 28 that is scheduled for the main event tonight.

David Otunga v. Ezekial Jackson-Yea, that is right, Teddy Long picked Jackson to fight Otunga. Out of all the SD wrestlers, he picks Zeke and it totally blew up in his face. Otunga won after Jackson went for a splash in the corner and missed, hitting the post with his head. Then, Otunga hit a choke spinebuster for the win. Otunga looks so green most of the time but there are times, like at EC, where he really shows potential. At least, in that pic from EC he did! Also, Zeke was in a chin lock and had some wacky facials going on!

They showed a recap of HBK/HHH from last week and Taker came out. I wrote a ton for this, so here goes. Taker said he has had to live with the beating he took from WM 27 for the last year and it has been pure hell for him. He has faced much uncertainty and HHH's choice from last week was not his to make. He says that this whole thing has to end and that we are in the midst of an apocalypse of a generation of wrestling. Taker and HHH are the last of their kind and his suits, etc. just cover up how he really is inside. HHH won't lie to him and he will look him in the eye and answer him. HHH comes out and talks but Taker tells him to shut up. Taker says his excuses are pitiful. HHH says that it is his fate to make sure the WWE exists for future generations and Taker's fate is to carry and pass on the torch to others and lead the way. HHH says he won't extinguish the flame. Taker asked if it is bad for business if Taker is gone or if HHH is gone. HHH counters by saying that the last year has been filled with a lot of certainty for him. He is not looking for redemption and he knows how to finish Taker and Taker wants that but he won't do it. Taker calls him a coward just like HBK from last week. HHH gets upset for a second but he stops and says no and leaves. Taker then says that HHH knows he couldn't do what HBK couldn't do in beating Taker. He says HHH knows HBK is better. This infuriates HHH to return to the ring and accept the match but only if it is a Hell in the Cell match. Taker pats him on the shoulder and leaves. Very, very good segment here and very memorable. I was a little worried on how they would be able to trump last year's match but now I am starting to see things clearer. This will probably be very good as they are already telling a great story and they haven't even fought yet.

Daniel Bryan is out and says he is considered a role model by many and that he beat five other guys last night to retain his World title.

DB v. Santino-This was real quick and Santino didn't even hit the cobra. Santino went for a roll-up, DB kicked out, and countered with the LaBelle Lock for the tap.

Kelly Kelly/Aksana v. The Bellas-I don't even think Kelly got in during this match. The Bellas did the switcheroo spot where the hurt twin rolled out and the fresh twin got in while the ref wasn't looking. Then, the one twin hit a face buster for the pin.

Cena is back out to talk about The Rock. He says The Rock is no longer the people's champ and that he has a staff of people who make him look good (writers, etc.). Cena does not respect him because Cena never left despite doing movies. The Rock left as soon as he could get out (and who really blames him?). Cena fights for the people in the back who are proud to be pro wrestlers. Cena had a definite edge on this whole episode and it would be nice to see an edgier Cena until WM.

The main was that 10 man battle royal for the shot at WWE champ CM Punk at WM. The 10 guys were Miz, Truth, Khali, Dolph, Cody, Show, Jericho, Santino, Kofi, and Wade. Kofi was a trooper in selling his EC wounds the whole night in both his matches. Punk was out for commentary and battled with Cole a lot. Khali was out first as the other nine guys knocked him out. Cody and Wade tried to eliminate Show but that failed. Miz was next by Kofi and Truth and Lawler said “oh how the mighty have fallen.” The Miz is in a bad spot right now and so is Evan Bourne as it seems Truth is slotted to replace him with Kofi. Next, was a finisher/signature parade by a few guys until Santino threw out Wade and then Truth to great heat. Ziggler was pressed out by Show onto Wade and Truth. Wade looked like he got injured as they had a stretcher out for him for a while. Punk said one of the EMTs looked like Buck Zumhoff, which probably flew over millions of heads! Santino was almost thrown out but he skinned the cat and hit the cobra on Jericho but Cody sent him out after. Cody was out soon by Show. Jericho and Show were left, as Jericho locked in a choke and they did a Royal Rumble 04 finish except Cody helped pull Show out as Jericho hung on. Punk gets into the ring and stares down Jericho and offered his hand. However, Jericho walked off like a douche.

If you are watching Raw for the workrates and matches, this show isn't for you but it was still a pretty good, entertaining night. Lots of set-up for WM especially the incredible Taker/HHH segment.

Steve Viglio
http://stevegraps.blogspot.com

TheBear

Drugs and drinking are what broke the 80s guys, not the work.

Apparently the ring was much much stiffer back in those days, so a bodyslam probably would of hurt a bit more.

And goddamn Big Slow sucks. That toss that injured Barrett was just an accident, but he sucks the life out of every match he's in. The elimination chamber improved significantly when he got eliminated.

Cagey

Banned
Foley didn't spoil shit, everyone knew it was gonna be takers last match. Notice he hasn't done shit for a year. He is done. Streak will live on but he'll be so badly injured after TEH EPICZZ match that his career will be over.

Until the Brock Lesnar Moneytrain runs right through Stamford, CT, at least.

I like that Otunga wasn't billed from a hometown, but as a graduate of Harvard Law School.

Next time, I hope they just act as if that IS his hometown. "Weighing in at 230 pounds, from Harvard Law School..."

Of course, to fully capitalize on the Legally Blonde movies, towards the end of the year, Otunga can leave John Laurinitis's side and the WWE corporate entity to become an animal-rights litigator who becomes involved in a bitter, desperate struggle with the WWE to free the Funkasaurus from captivity and return him to his native planet.

But seriously, why are we pretending that wrestling is an easier business now than in the 80s?
I mean, I know it would be harder to wrestle a match worrying that the dealer you owe money to is waiting to stab you in the locker room and it'd be hard to wrestle drunken blind, but that doesn't equate to a more difficult schedule and demanding audience.

Long ass blog post

Did Heavy accidentally log into his alt account here?
But seriously, just link to the blog post and maybe give a highlight don't cross post the whole thing. If it's quality then we'll read it

RBH

I wish the WWE put more effort into last year's Wrestlemania. :(

Such a poor card top-to-bottom. So many wasted opportunities given the talent.

MIKEAL

Banned
i'm not looking foward to seeing john cena beat the rock. I just can't believe in that finish, not with all the opponents the rock has toppled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom