• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Triple H |OT| February Wrasslin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Watching the ron simmons hof announcement now, is there a reason they skipped over his nation run? And that man has aged well.

RBH

"Beth Phoenix was saying that she was the most dominant champion, so I thought I would just let her know that title is already taken," Trish Stratus said about her ongoing Twitter exchanges with Beth. "As for a match between Beth and myself at WrestleMania that is an excellent proposition and I think the fans would love that. I've actually had the opportunity to tangle up with Beth Phoenix a couple of times and I think that she is amazing in the ring and I would love to kick her ass actually."

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
If you were Ron Simmons, would you want to be remembered for the Nation, or as the first black World Heavyweight Champion?
Why not both? If there was something I had to cut it would be the apa. The nation helped bring future HOF member the rock to world to light.

Kaladin

20120220_raw_hhh_undertaker_c.jpg

Not to mention, the dirt sheets are telling us there will be a MITB match this year.... and things are shaping up for a Raw vs. Smackdown storyline!

MITB should never leave WM. It is an excellent chance for top mid-carders and top guys who are left out of the Championship picture to have a WM moment!

This year we should hopefully see MITB with Del Rio, Christian, Miz, R-Truth, Kofi, Cody (if his planned match with GoldDust doesn't materialize), Santino, Orton, Wade (if he is going to be fit) and Ziggler

I would actually like to see for a change WWE Build up an IC title match between Cody and someone else from current mid-card rooster. And not make it a fucking dark match. Like, a Cody vs Santino (with a more serious Santino) could be good.

XenoRaven

i'm not looking foward to seeing john cena beat the rock. I just can't believe in that finish, not with all the opponents the rock has toppled.
HHH once entered the arena on a throne with a crown on his head and some sort of animal skin cloak and John Cena made him tap out. I don't have much of an issue believing Cena can beat The Rock.

G-Fex

hahaha he totally looks like Shinnok.

That part was sleep inducing.

it looks like the Undertaker caught Kurt Angleitis minus the crazy eyes.

UberTag

Poor Barrett. He won't be able to follow up on that classic match he delivered at last year's WrestleMania... the colossal 8-man tag confrontation between The Corre and the team of Big Show, Kane, Santino and Kofi that lasted a whopping 95 seconds. What a memorable career he's having! And we won't get to hear more of that delightful new entrance theme of his.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Undertaker has always done shit promos. It because of his character, he has to talk like some kind of fucking D&D player who takes himself way too seriously. The few interviews I've seen of him on talk shows and such where he is out of character and being himself, he comes across as funny and charismatic. It's too bad he couldn't stick with biker taker and give promos as himself. Regardless, the guy was a great wrestler and hopefully still has enough for one more good match.

XenoRaven

When HHH was refusing and talking about Undertaker passing the torch or whatever, I had this hope in my heart that Punk's music would hit and he would actually challenge Undertaker at WrestleMania. Like I know he's already going against Jericho, and that is going to be a better match anyway. But if there really is such a good chance that Undertaker's streak will die this year and that this will be his last match, wouldn't it be better to put a newer guy over by "ending" it as opposed to having HHH do it? I feel like there's this stigma about pretty much everyone except Orton and Cena that they can't beat the guys from the past era. Punk's in a position to be elevated to that status and I think it would be cool if it worked out like that. I guess this is all assuming Taker will actually lose. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the match ended in a draw or something.

Shit, hope wade heals up nicely. At least he can have a reset once he comes back. New music, new tights, a new feud...let's get him something good out of it.

When HHH was refusing and talking about Undertaker passing the torch or whatever, I had this hope in my heart that Punk's music would hit and he would actually challenge Undertaker at WrestleMania. Like I know he's already going against Jericho, and that is going to be a better match anyway. But if there really is such a good chance that Undertaker's streak will die this year and that this will be his last match, wouldn't it be better to put a newer guy over by "ending" it as opposed to having HHH do it? I feel like there's this stigma about pretty much everyone except Orton and Cena that they can't beat the guys from the past era. Punk's in a position to be elevated to that status and I think it would be cool if it worked out like that. I guess this is all assuming Taker will actually lose. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the match ended in a draw or something.
The time to have the streak put over a newcomer has passed. The only time that would have worked was Orton vs. Undertaker at WM 21. Now though, it's synopsis with one of the most recognizable wrestlers in history, and that's too much of a burden for anyone to carry without backfiring with the fans.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Does anyone think they WON'T put the title back on Cena at the first PPV after Wrestlemania?

XenoRaven

The time to have the streak put over a newcomer has passed. The only time that would have worked was Orton vs. Undertaker at WM 21. Now though, it's synopsis with one of the most recognizable wrestlers in history, and that's too much of a burden for anyone to carry without backfiring with the fans.
You're probably right. I guess I'd rather see anyone in that match but HHH. Kane was mentioned several times in this thread, and I think that would be an awesome way to end Taker's career. I guess I'll be happy as long as it's a good match (and Taker wins). My biggest fear is it will turn out like the HHH/Nash ladder match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom