• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Triple H |OT| February Wrasslin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since it seems like a lot of you have jumped on the I hate the Rock (weird) bandwagon, what would it take tonight for you to become engaged in this WM match?

Since it seems like a lot of you have jumped on the I hate the Rock (weird) bandwagon, what would it take tonight for you to become engaged in this WM match?

Something beyond Cena is gay jokes?

Cena delivered a good promo, something new, we haven't seen him that way before. If Rock is coming back and does the same thing he did before last year's WM, well nothing new to see.

Also, not say stupid shit like I am never leaving or that he is back "Home".

If Rock comes out and does more gay jokes, references Twitter, and does that Boots to Asses thing...

...I'm gonna burn my Rock T-Shirt from 2002. I swear I will.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
If Rock comes out and does more gay jokes, references Twitter, and does that Boots to Asses thing...

hopefully his rant has more substance than the shit hes been spouting. cena finally went after him without jokes. hopefully rocky can too.

G-Fex

better get a move on and burn that shit.

I expect nothing but garbage and shlock from the Crock's script tonight.

LOl.

It has been a 12 month feud, it can't all be serious, they would have burned the candle 6 months ago.

I hear that tonight will be very very serious in tone, and that the Rock will really set the RTWM on fire. I also think that there is a writing reason why John is in a hurry to get to the show, instead of sit it out.

Should be big.

Kaladin

LOl.

It has been a 12 month feud, it can't all be serious, they would have burned the candle 6 months ago.

I hear that tonight will be very very serious in tone, and that the Rock will really set the RTWM on fire. I also think that there is a writing reason why John is in a hurry to get to the show, instead of sit it out.

Should be big.

If Cena missed the show to do Daytona, Rock would be all over Cena for not showing up.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

I'm already engaged as long as Cena keeps up his fuck the rock stuff like he did last week.

And putting him through a table tonight would be nice too.

Parallax

i dont hate the rock, but i dont like his current act. if he would have come hard from the start with cena and really built up his anger, i would have been behind him. but after his first appearance, hes been on this drama queen kick. and he needs to drop that shit asap

Sup with you people having "gut feelings" that Raw is going to be some sort of amazing, life altering show? It's probably just gas, calm down.

My right forearm itches, man these next TNA tapings are going to CHANGE DA GAME, SON.

c2morg

Really? 7 years of bitching for the rock to come back, 5 complaining about cena, then 1 cena promo and you turn? For shame gaf. For shame.

Parallax

Sup with you people having "gut feelings" that Raw is going to be some sort of amazing, life altering show? It's probably just gas, calm down.

My right forearm itches, man these next TNA tapings are going to CHANGE DA GAME, SON.

nothing short of getting rid of everyone in management and having paul heyman come in could make me watch tna again

Really? 7 years of bitching for the rock to come back, 5 complaining about cena, then 1 cena promo and you turn? For shame gaf. For shame.

you havent been paying attention then. a few of us have been like this since his return.

They need to put out low budget movies that actually BUILD on the feuds and characters in the ring. A low budget Kane vs. Undertaker movie would do great on DVD. Randy Orton as somebody's dad or Big Show as some dumb orphan just don't work. You've spent years turning these guys into movie characters, use them!

Vince seems to like to hit the widest audience possible rather than appealing to their niche.
Reeeeeally curious about what the CM Punk movie will look like.

Speaking as someone who will boo both of them, hating the Rock != liking Cena. Nor does liking something Cena does well once mean they like Cena

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

I've loathed the Rock since his return. If Cena keeps up his anti-Rock shit from now till WM like he did last week I will buy myself a Rise Above Hate tee.

Kaladin

I may not be into the scripted promos that must fit in every catch phrase and mention Twitter 20 times, and I may not have been a fan of the Happy Birthday Dwayne RAW but damnit I'm still #TeamBringIt and will wear my Boots to Asses shirt proudly.

Linkified

Something beyond Cena is gay jokes?

Cena delivered a good promo, something new, we haven't seen him that way before. If Rock is coming back and does the same thing he did before last year's WM, well nothing new to see.

Also, not say stupid shit like I am never leaving or that he is back "Home".

Lets not kid the kidder here, Cena promo was OK - apart from the fact the things about Rock didn't make sense.
  • Rock wrestling to go do other ventures, so he is a traitor(Cenas logic).
  • Rocky's left to show wrestlers you can do other things in entertainment(Rocky's logic).
  • Cena did crappy straight to DVD's movies to flex is muscle in the entertainment arena(Cena and Rocky logic).
  • Cenas movies weren't as good as Rocky's, therefore Cena is a terrible performer as he needs wrestling(Cenas logic)

Also when Rocky came back:
  • Rocky said he never left and was always here[in WWE] whilst touching his heart meaning hes always thinking about 'the business'
  • Cena was the one doing the dumb ans stupid gay jokes towards Rocky

Finally Rocky can finally say he beat John Cena in Miami.

Well at any rate. I think when RAW goes off the air tonight we will all be in shock and awe.

We will look back on tonight a year from now and say "yup that was the RAW that started it." :)

Kaladin

I won't fall for your lies, djSPINDASHING

Lies?
stingface4.jpg

His act didn't evolve. What don't you see? It's the same old shit, and I love Rock, but I'm much more entertained by Punk's shtick and pop culture references than I am by smelling what The Rock is cooking.

I would rather hear the Rock's shtick than almost everyone in the WWE except for PUNK.

Cena's shtick/career is even more played out than the Rocks. That's just me though. I would like to see him push it more like that one beautiful night last FEB. when he returned and made me clap laugh and cheer.

rvy

Banned
I would rather hear the Rock's shtick than almost everyone in the WWE except for PUNK.

Cena's shtick/career is even more played out than the Rocks. That's just me though. I would like to see him push it more like that one beautiful night last FEB. when he returned and made me clap laugh and cheer.

I'm not saying Cena is any better, he bores me too. But Rock is a huge letdown coming from his past promos.

LOl.

Should be big.

i'm with you man don't know why everyone just hates the rock now but i expect good things from tonight's show

What exactly makes no sense?

When Rock came back he said he was coming back home. For real. Like legit.

Total sham.
no he didn't, he explained it in the visit after that, he obviously just means the business, he is never "leaving". He will promote it, represent it, love it, appreciate it, etc.... that's what he meant. He won't turn his back on it and act like it wasn't part of his life.

Also I'll caps lock it for emphasis:

CENA MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE BECAUSE THE ROCK HAS A GODDAMN FUCKING JOB. CENA YOU KNOW WHY YOU'RE HERE EVERY WEEK, BECAUSE IT'S YOUR FUCKING JOB. THE ROCK HAS A FUCKING JOB AS WELL, IT'S TO GO AROUND ACTING AND PROMOTING MOVIES AND SHIT. YOU KNOW WHAT HE MANAGES TO SQUEEZE INTO HIS SCHEDULE? A RETURN TO WRESTLE JUST BECAUSE THE FANS CLAMOURED FOR IT AND BECAUSE THE BUSINESS GENUINELY NEEDS IT IN REGARDS TO PPV BUYS. BE FUCKING GRATEFUL YOU ASSHOLE (CENA). HEY WHY DOESNT THE ROCK COME BACK TO WWE ANYMORE HE HATESSS US, *ROCK COMES BACK* WHY HE ON IF HE AINT GONA BE FULL TIME? WAT DIS? CENER YOU TELL HIM! GO CENER!!!1!!!11

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
no he didn't, he explained it in the visit after that, he obviously just means the business, he is never "leaving". He will promote it, represent it, love it, appreciate it, etc.... that's what he meant. He won't turn his back on it and act like it wasn't part of his life.

Also I'll caps lock it for emphasis:

CENA MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE BECAUSE THE ROCK HAS A GODDAMN FUCKING JOB. CENA YOU KNOW WHY YOU'RE HERE EVERY WEEK, BECAUSE IT'S YOUR FUCKING JOB. THE ROCK HAS A FUCKING JOB AS WELL, IT'S TO GO AROUND ACTING AND PROMOTING MOVIES AND SHIT. YOU KNOW WHAT HE MANAGES TO SQUEEZE INTO HIS SCHEDULE? A RETURN TO WRESTLE JUST BECAUSE THE FANS CLAMOURED FOR IT AND BECAUSE THE BUSINESS GENUINELY NEEDS IT IN REGARDS TO PPV BUYS. BE FUCKING GRATEFUL YOU ASSHOLE (CENA). HEY WHY DOESNT THE ROCK COME BACK TO WWE ANYMORE HE HATESSS US, *ROCK COMES BACK* WHY HE ON IF HE AINT GONA BE FULL TIME? WAT DIS? CENER YOU TELL HIM! GO CENER!!!1!!!11

Typical Rock fan.

What exactly makes no sense?

When Rock came back he said he was coming back home. For real. Like legit.

Total sham.

So that means he has to wrestle a full schedule despite the fact that he's paid his dues and done all that already? Despite the fact that he's drawn more money than the entire current roster combined? Despite the fact that he has a completely different career right now that pays more to get hurt less (not at all)? The Rock doesn't OWE Cena anything, and that's where I think the logic fails. He's been back to job to the Hurricane, to job to Evolution, giving Eugene the rub, pimping the Diva search, to host Wrestlemania, to wrestle at Survivor Series, and now to fight Cena....all while not being full time, and having success as an actor, HIS NEW CAREER.

The Rock doesn't HAVE to do any of this. The guy was "done" years ago.

I bet Cena isn't one of the rock haters.

I mean The rock came back and agreed to do a 1 year build to a match that is clearly designed from day 1 to put Cena over.

Why would Cena hate that? Because the rock game back and did normal rock stuff which just so happened to show how terrible everyone in the company is at promos? How the rock made it cool for normal fans to boo Cena and pointing out how dumb his character is?

Cena is probably just channeling the mid cards hate.
The guys who are not good enough to shine on there own and probably dont think rock is doing anything to get the non Cena talent over.

Cena's promo last week wasn't considered good because of the content. With the exception of his taking the criticisms of his own movie career and eating it, nothing Cena said was exciting or uncharted territory.

It was a good promo because he didn't come out and drop a bunch of homophobic one-liners or try to pump up an apathetic crowd. It was good because he laid out a series of his issues and related it to the context of fighting the Rock, like a normal human being and not like a strip club DJ playing to a PG crowd.

UberTag

Wow... for a match supposedly nobody cares about, WrassleGAF sure likes talking about John vs. Dwayne a lot.

You know the definition of apathy is to NOT talk about it, right? You're all behaving like a bunch of marks.

Parallax

It's going to be a memorable match for the same reason Hogan/Rock was... the crowd reaction. If you want a recent example of how that can make a match, see Santino in the Elimination Chamber.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom