• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Triple H |OT| February Wrasslin

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm with you man don't know why everyone just hates the rock now but i expect good things from tonight's show

It's just strange. We all hated Cena and begged for someone to come out and make a fool of him. Rock has pretty much done that, and now we all boo Rock. If there was ever a time in your life to cheer for the Rock, my god.........now is that time.

This is the most important match since WM 18.

john-cena-vs-the-rock-wrestlemania-28.jpg

SoulPlaya

more money than God
It's just strange. We all hated Cena and begged for someone to come out and make a fool of him. Rock has pretty much done that, and now we all boo Rock. If there was ever a time in your life to cheer for the Rock, my god.........now is that time.

The thing is, Rock really hasn't made Cena look like a fool. Fruity Pepples and Boots to Asses is lame as hell to me. Just bring some great old school Rock promos. Enough with the twitter nonsense, and trying too hard.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

The only person Dwayne has made look like a fool has been himself.

I want Cena to win.

I think people here would be more interested (except that pony dude, he's just crazy) if it didn't seem like a forgone conclusion that the match is just another attempt to get Cena over.

If they turn Cena heel, I'd expect a lot of hindsight bias in these parts.

I for one am kind of hyped for The Rock on Raw, but there's only so much he can work with in this feud, with the PG rating, Cena still being a face (and Rock as one as well for that matter) and the lack of an actual reason for Rock to really want to kick Cena's ass. I mean this feud has a pretty one sided subject matter, it's like...
Cena: You betrayed us all Rock!
Rock: Not really
Then to extend his promo he'll call Cena some moderately family friendly insults such as fruity pebbles and homeless power ranger. If Cena actually embraced the hate, went heel and beat down The Rock tonight we could have something going here but with the current setup you better prepare for more Rock catchphrases and Cena blubbering about how he's there every night and Rock isn't.

Can someone show me a good classic Rock promo?

Maybe his current stuff has just tainted any good memories I had, but his thing always just sort of felt like a sing-a-long. Like, he would just shoehorn whoever his villain was that week around Streudel, Size 14 boot turned sideways and shove it up all their candy-asses, AND MILLIONS of the rocks fans, Smell Cooking, etc.

He's done things I've enjoyed, like singing Margheritaville with Austin, but I think his promos were always just carried by his charisma and not because they were any good. And I certainly don't think he's the type who could make others look foolish, heels just liked to be made fools of by him at the time.

EDIT: Hollywood Rock was pretty awesome.

TheNatural

My Member!
Can't wait for The Rock to drop some ether tonight. I'm wary of the whole Twitter, Team Bring It, and recapping my movie star life day shit, but I think with Wrestlemania coming up and there actually being something to revolve this feud around after last week - its going to pick up.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I think people here would be more interested (except that pony dude, he's just crazy) if it didn't seem like a forgone conclusion that the match is just another attempt to get Cena over.

If they turn Cena heel, I'd expect a lot of hindsight bias in these parts.

Not the biggest Cena fan at all and his character has been stale as shit for god knows how long. He really should have embraced the hate. But I still like him more than the Rock. I have no idea why people like him anymore.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I wouldn't have purchased a ticket for tonight's show if The Rock wasn't there. I never got a chance to hear him cut a promo in person but I did get to see him wrestle Austin at WM19.

RBH

I wouldn't have purchased a ticket for tonight's show if The Rock wasn't there. I never got a chance to hear him cut a promo in person but I did get to see him wrestle Austin at WM19.

Large part of the reason I went to WM27 was for The Rock. Also the opportunity to see Austin, Taker, and HHH together on the same show.

Kaladin

Can someone show me a good classic Rock promo?

Maybe his current stuff has just tainted any good memories I had, but his thing always just sort of felt like a sing-a-long. Like, he would just shoehorn whoever his villain was that week around Streudel, Size 14 boot turned sideways and shove it up all their candy-asses, AND MILLIONS of the rocks fans, Smell Cooking, etc.

He's done things I've enjoyed, like singing Margheritaville with Austin, but I think his promos were always just carried by his charisma and not because they were any good. And I certainly don't think he's the type who could make others look foolish, heels just liked to be made fools of by him at the time.

EDIT: Hollywood Rock was pretty awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTdj-LDuwgA

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
You guys really throw me for a loop. I should link last Feb. thread for everyone to read. It was like the Sun and Earth collided. Now its go Cena?

then rocky started that fruity pebbles shit. then there was the wrestlemania finish. he never recovered from that.

Kaladin

then rocky started that fruity pebbles shit. then there was the wrestlemania finish. he never recovered from that.

The Rock will start on the road to recovery tonight and finish it with the most electrifying move in sports entertainment at Wrestlemania. Believe.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
The Rock will start on the road to recovery tonight and finish it with the most electrifying move in sports entertainment at Wrestlemania. Believe.

hold hype for me sandman. if this comes to fruition, ill come to claim it.

Linkified

Why the fuck would I cheer for the Rock?

Because Cena can't perform/act at all, and seen as 2/3 of his job is to act and perform - he is pretty shitty.

Whilst Rock can clearly act and perform for shit.

But Cena be doing the job for Rocky which is fan-fucking-tastic.

The night the Rock returned.

my face is gone. the great one has returned to save us all. behold our new messiah punk can die in trash

This is going to be awesome!!! Come on, Rock! Finally!!!

victoryj.gif

ROCKY
ROCKY
ROCKY
ROCKY

God, I missed him.

Holy shit, this is what made me love wrestling. Man I miss this.

QUOTE=canadian crowe;25950475]PG is dead. The Rock killed it. Thank god for The Rock.[/QUOTE]

Cena v. Rock? Biggest WM ever.

CENA SUCKS! CHANTS! FUCK YES!

ROCK TEARING DOWN CENA PG BULLSHIT ERA! FUCK YES!!!!

OH MY SHITS THIS IS GLORIOUS I AM SHOOTING BUCKETS

ROCKY is fighting for our childhoods WrassleGAF! :D

The Rock singlehandedly ruined Cena's career in one promo.

this is fucking epic...
GOT DAM!

This has been the greatest segment on RAW in YEARS. He totally told it like it is.

Best thing that's happened to the WWE in 7 years.

Foley said he would like to commentate the HIAC match at mania.

I would be ok with that. Foley was ok on the announce desk.

He should probably pop up at some point during the month anyway since he had the honor of being tossed through the roof of the Cell by both Triple H and Taker.

Foley said he would like to commentate the HIAC match at mania.

I would be ok with that. Foley was ok on the announce desk.

He should probably pop up at some point during the month anyway since he had the honor of being tossed through the roof of the Cell by both Triple H and Taker.
Didn't Foley talk about how Vince was constantly yelling "SAY YOUR LINES GODDAMMIT!!" over the mic when he was commentating? :lol

I hope at the very least JR is able to commentate it.

I agree, fucking ratings/finance talk is the worst.

Lets talk about how CZW are a bunch of idiots and got IPW kicked out of the building that has been their home for the past decade instead;

I blame "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia" Sounds like a dick towel was involved!

Despite what you think, CZW also has some great wrestling. It just gets ignored since it's on the undercard and overshadowed by the stupid violence

It does but those guys wrestle other places too. When I went to Evolve 10 I got a CZW ticket too because I had nothing better to do. I saw super bad matches that had nothing redeeming. Then good stuff like Uhaa V. Fox. Then the Ultraviolence which should have died in the 90's. I'm really bummed the DGUSA show in Hollywood will be followed by CZW death matches. At least there's a break for my crew to head out then.

I hope the official WM thread OP has a list of members on Team Cena and Team Rock.

Good ol' days.

Yeah you were following the whole thing that night and marked out like I did!!!!!!!
I can't wait till RAW is over tonight and everyone has the same reaction. Ohhhhhhhh PG is dead. The Rock buried Cena. JEBUS etc...........................

You all wait and see.

I will never forget how bad PWInsider got with all the fucking ads and pop-ups back around 2002/2003. Those were the days where Adblockers weren't really there yet. Thankfully, I had a friend on IRC who was obsessed with it and had adblocker code for Mozilla.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I was never able to go to any PPV.

Haven't really watched wresting in years but I wish I could go to it is this.

How much has Rock been on air in Feburary? And is he expected to be on a lot in March?

Kaladin

I will never forget how bad PWInsider got with all the fucking ads and pop-ups back around 2002/2003. Those were the days where Adblockers weren't really there yet. Thankfully, I had a friend on IRC who was obsessed with it and had adblocker code for Mozilla.

Pwinsider still tried to go around adblockers but I think they pissed too many people off because they quickly disabled that. Now I can surf that site mostly ad free.

I was never able to go to any PPV.

Haven't really watched wresting in years but I wish I could go to it is this.

How much has Rock been on air in Feburary? And is he expected to be on a lot in March?
Tonight is his first show of the year, and I think he's going to be there for most Raws on March.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom