• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Triple H |OT| February Wrasslin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Orton's booking is the only real problem with him these days, and even that's a lot better (he lost clean at three consecutive PPVs there a couple of months ago). He consistently puts out great and varied matches (he takes the time to switch up his moveset and have them done in more creative ways, there's no autopilot Cena Combo here) with pretty much all his opponents and makes some truly hilarious faces doing so.

I suppose the Viper gimmick is pretty lame, it's like a declawed heel Austin from 2001 (only as a face) with the PG restriction, but there's no longer any way to turn him heel, so there's not a lot they can do about that. The real Orton is a lot more entertaining and charming than the slow talking Viper gimmick, so if he's to be a face for the forseeable future it really would be better to let him be himself more.

Yeah after that one interview and all the great matches he's put on I'm an orton fan. Really would be nice to see him not be a generic face like Punk currently is.

DM is banned? Well, he went out like a hero.
13_Ric_Flair_040709_1239164491_display_image.jpg

Brinbe

I caught a glimpse and it wasn't that bad. We've probably said/linked to much-worse, and at least it was wrestling-related! Shame, DM was a great contributor.

Christopher

What is there to like about Orton...? I don't understand he's got no personality.

He was great when he was the up and coming in Evolution, but once he went solo he was drained of his personality. Recently the only timed I started to like him was when he was in that angle with Stephanie McMahon and Vince last year.

Omfg, DM's banned? how long? I might really cry if he misses mania
Spin is banned too? i drop myself down to low-card for a couple weeks and all hell breaks loose

Finally finished watching Chikara's 13th Hat. It was overall a pretty enjoyable show and the quality was great for a digital download(about the same as the dvds). I enjoy how they just go out there and have fun, everyone has some kind of gimmick, and the commentary is enjoyable and they sound excited as well about the product. This is the #2 promotion behind WWE in the world right now in my opinion. It's a shame they don't have a weekly show.

Omfg, DM's banned? how long? I might really cry if he misses mania
Spin is banned too? i drop myself down to low-card for a couple weeks and all hell breaks loose

Spin isn't banned. I think he said he was going to take a month off if Sheamus won the Rumble or something.

Edit: "won the Rumble" not "win the Rumble". Damn iPhone...

What is there to like about Orton...? I don't understand he's got no personality.

He was great when he was the up and coming in Evolution, but once he went solo he was drained of his personality. Recently the only timed I started to like him was when he was in that angle with Stephanie McMahon and Vince last year.

The matches, and his actual out-of-ring personality. Listening to him in interviews lets you know that he seems like a cool guy, but then you have to see the boring. monotone. voice. in all of his promos in the WWE. He's been improving in the ring a lot lately the past year, too.

DMeisterJ

Banned
you said you would leave if jericho lost, now you go back on your word? where is your honor, sir?

See, what had happened was that all the rumors said that Jericho was winning, and who really thought that the great white bore would win over Jericho with the way they were building him up. So I made that statement with 99.99999999% certainty that Jericho was winning, but obviously, I was wrong. So I didn't go back on my word, and lose my honor, Vince McMahon decided to swerve the WWE universe, and me leaving WrassleGAF would only be awarding Vincent Kennedy McMahon for being a dick, and because I have the honor of WrassleGAF on my shoulders, I can not reward him.

XenoRaven

I pretty much only lurk around here. But even I feel comfortable enough saying that excuse is weaker than a Randy Orton clothesline.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Midnight Wrassle-GAF emerges, only to be killed quickly and quietly.

I LIKE IT. You heard me!

That being said, what do you guys think of Del Rio hating Miz...with all his souuuuuul~

Finally finished watching Chikara's 13th Hat. It was overall a pretty enjoyable show and the quality was great for a digital download(about the same as the dvds). I enjoy how they just go out there and have fun, everyone has some kind of gimmick, and the commentary is enjoyable and they sound excited as well about the product. This is the #2 promotion behind WWE in the world right now in my opinion. It's a shame they don't have a weekly show.

It's nice to watch a promotion that doesn't treat it's audience like it is stupid. Things makes sense and like you said you can tell everyone working in CHIKARA cares about the product. In my opinion they have the best announcer and referee in the business in Bryce Remsburg I could listen to him call any match because his love for the product shows when he's calling the action. Plus he makes me chuckle quite a bit.

RBH

super-bowl-football-20631349jpg

Before getting his Super Bowl XLVI ring, New York Giants defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul will set foot in a pro wrestling ring.

A source told FOXSports.com that Pierre-Paul will make an appearance for Total Nonstop Action Wrestling at a Monday night television taping in Orlando, Fla. The segment will air on TNA's Thursday night Impact Wrestling telecast (9 p.m. ET, Spike TV).

Although his NFL contract prohibits him from partaking in too much scripted action because of the injury risk, Pierre-Paul is expected to have an in-ring confrontation with TNA star Kurt Angle. TNA booked a similar storyline last year involving Angle and New York Jets linebacker Bart Scott, who is an avid pro wrestling fan.

TNA also has used NFL players like Pacman Jones and Frank Wycheck in its wrestling angles.

Pierre-Paul is coming off his best NFL season, earning Pro Bowl honors after notching 16.5 sacks during the regular season. He also played a key defensive role last Sunday in New York's 21-17 Super Bowl XLVI victory over New England.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...-TNA-Impact-wrestling-guest-appearance-021112

G-Fex

What the fuck? Why was he banned? and it looks like I can't blame the lousy gaming side.

We didn't really do anything that bad you know...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom