• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Triple H |OT| February Wrasslin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Anime-GAF is starting to win me over.
Sounds like you'd be interested in a TAG-TEAM match!

D84ou.jpg

Now holla holla holla.

So it looks like Russo is out and Lagana is in at TNA, according to wrestlezone.com

According to several TNA sources, Vince Russo is no longer a part of the TNA creative team, and former WWE creative team member Dave Lagana is now the new head of TNA creative. The previous head of creative had been Bruce Prichard, who as far as we have been told is still working with TNA.

Dave Lagana had formerly been working with TNA on the new Ring Ka King promotion in India. More on this developing story as it becomes available.

Has David Lagana proven himself with a decent storyline yet? I know he has had some good ideas, but he basically gotten over because of social media antics, and has not really done anything of worth as of yet.

Yeah, I'm not sure about wrestlezone's accuracy. Lagana just wrote "the calm before the storm" on twitter, but he writes a lot of useless things on twitter.

On the plus side, I think we'll see a lot of indie guys in TNA now. At the very least he might give Colt Cabana a shot, since the current management won't even look at him.

Kaladin

Where are peeps staying for Mania weekend? I'm leaning towards staying at the WrestleReunion hotel in Miami Beach. I might change plans if more Wrassle-Gaf members are staying elsewhere or I can get a mega deal. Also I think my itinerary will be as follows:

Saturday
Ring of Honor "Showdown in the Sun Day Two"
Dragon Gate USA Internet PPV at Miami Beach Deauville Resort
$5 Wrestling LIVE featuring Colt Cabana and Marty Derosa

Sunday
WrestleReunion Convention
Wrestlemania 28

I'm staying at The Alexander Hotel. I had reservations for the WR hotel but decided against it due to the negative reviews on trip adviser.

I'm staying at The Alexander Hotel. I had reservations for the WR hotel but decided against it due to the negative reviews on trip adviser.

Dang dude that is one nice hotel. It's a little bit out of my price range but dang it's nice. Yeah I'm seeing mixed reviews for the WR hotel but I'm still thinking I'll of staying there. As long as the bed is clean it's cool I won't be spending much time in the room anyway.

Kaladin

Tonight's card actually looks good enough to spend $35 on.

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH
Bobby Roode (champion) vs. Jeff Hardy vs. James Storm vs. Bully Ray

Gunner (w/ Eric Bischoff) vs. Garett Bischoff (w/ Hulk Hogan)

CHALLENGE MATCH
“The Phenomenal” AJ Styles vs Kazarian (w/Christopher Daniels)

TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH
Matt Morgan & Crimson (champions) vs. Samoa Joe & Magnus

X-DIVISION TITLE MATCH
Austin Aries (champion) vs Alex Shelley

KNOCKOUTS TITLE MATCH
Gail Kim (champion) vs Tara

#1 CONTENDER’S MATCH - X DIVISION
Jesse Sorensen vs Zema Ion

At least 4 decent matches and 3 that have potential to be great. The rest don't even look THAT bad....aside from the Bishoff angle.

Dang dude that is one nice hotel. It's a little bit out of my price range but dang it's nice. Yeah I'm seeing mixed reviews for the WR hotel but I'm still thinking I'll of staying there. As long as the bed is clean it's cool I won't be spending much time in the room anyway.

I'm also treating this as a Miami vacation, so I wanted a good hotel. Plus the main thing that scared me away from the WR hotel is that it seems to have a problem with it's valet parking staying full. I'll be driving down so I need valet parking.

I'm also treating this as a Miami vacation, so I wanted a good hotel. Plus the main thing that scared me away from the WR hotel is that it seems to have a problem with it's valet parking staying full. I'll be driving down so I need valet parking.

I kept reading about the valet, that has me a little worried since I'm renting a car. I don't mind walking a couple blocks to get my car but it does seem like it's going to be a pain in the ass. As long as I get to Mania it will all be worth it.

Izick

Haven't watched an actual Impact since forever, but from what I can tell, that card isn't too bad.

Could be very entertaining if done right....but then again it's TNA.

Gail Kim always takes some sick bumps and I think the match with Tara last time was great. They are probably one of the best women matchups right now that could be done. Noone gives a shit about Garrett Bischoff. I hope Vince Russo signs with WWE if he is done totally with TNA. By the way it is worded, it sounds like he is still with TNA.

Gail Kim always takes some sick bumps and I think the match with Tara last time was great. They are probably one of the best women matchups right now that could be done. Noone gives a shit about Garrett Bischoff. I hope Vince Russo signs with WWE if he is done totally with TNA. By the way it is worded, it sounds like he is still with TNA.

When Gail was going against Kong in TNA a few years ago was one of the few times I cared for Diva/Knockout matches. Trish/Mickie being the other. I'd be happy to be impressed again by them.

I am near considering watching TNA again - after quite a while away

Garrett Bishoff should have got the Michael McGillicutty gimmick. The Bishoff name cursed him from day one.

The Bischoff name is the only thing the guy has going for him. He is horrible otherwise. He can't cut a promo, he can't wrestle, and is just in ok shape.

-edit- Keyser, I don't give a shit about women's wrestling either, but these two last time put on a pretty entertaining match, with bumps you don't usually see in women's matches.

Let's see if there are any dumb nonsensical finishes since Lagana is writing now.

Kaladin

The Bischoff name is the only thing the guy has going for him. He is horrible otherwise. He can't cut a promo, he can't wrestle, and is just in ok shape.

If we didn't know who Garrett was though, and there was no crappy Bishoff association storyline, I think Garrett would have got off to a better start. He's still greener than Crimson ever was but, it would have been better.....but then TNA would have had to pay for a tattoo removal.

"Multiple TNA sources are now disputing a WrestleZone.com report that Vince Russo has been replaced by Dave Lagana on the TNA creative team. Lagana is at the TNA Against All Odds pay-per-view in Orlando, but sources say he's merely helping out. No announcement of any kind has been made to the crew and talent regarding Russo."

-prowrestling.net

So who is right here?

rvd2kewl

"Multiple TNA sources are now disputing a WrestleZone.com report that Vince Russo has been replaced by Dave Lagana on the TNA creative team. Lagana is at the TNA Against All Odds pay-per-view in Orlando, but sources say he's merely helping out. No announcement of any kind has been made to the crew and talent regarding Russo."

-prowrestling.net

So who is right here?

I believe F4W over Prowrestling.net and Wrestlezone.com.

EDIT: PWInsider.com is reporting the same as ProWrestling.net and Wrestlezone. Could be the case or it could just be the story TNA is going with right now until they figure out how to handle the change.

somedevil

I believe F4W over Prowrestling.net and Wrestlezone.com.

Plus, Lagana tweeted "The calm before the storm" earlier today. Sounds to me like he's in charge and knew it was going to be a big story today.

EDIT: PWInsider.com is reported the same as ProWrestling.net and Wrestlezone. Could be the case or it could just be the story TNA is going with right now until the figure out how to handle the change.

Probably means that Jeff Hardy is going to win the title. Also, whoever in charge the problem is isn't there like 15 writers for TNA if I remember from that picture posted all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom