• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Triple H |OT| February Wrasslin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

I saw let him book some of the low card/midcard guys with Vince as his filter. There is nothing to lose. If not, he would be great to have for the WWE network for interviews for some of the attitude era stuff.

That's the key.

At least, it was 10 years ago. I'm not so sure about Vince anymore.

I don't think the solution to bad writing is to bring Vince Russo back; I think it's to hire good writers.

But then Vince is still the roadblock to the good writers plans actually reaching fruition, so ideally Vince buggering off would be the first necessary step.

Ithil

I was reading this blog about Starrcade 1997 and man I can remember the WTF moment when hogan just....pinned sting fair and square, what was the story behind this? It totally killed Sting in my eyes.

http://thewrestlingrant.blogspot.com/2007/08/rewriting-history-vol-1-wcw-starrcade.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cusifJaHB0k&t=6m0s

seriously look at that shit lol, poor sting.
As far as I know, the plan was for the ref (Nick Patrick, who favoured the nWo in the storyline) was supposed to do a fast count, so it was obvious Sting was being cheated, so Bret Hart could come out and restart the match and Sting would make Hogan tap out to win.

Instead, the ref's "fast count" was at most a normal count, and in fact closer to a slow count. The rumour about it is that Hogan paid him off to do a slower count to make it look like he beat him, and Bischoff didn't do anything about it because he was pissed off at Sting for something or other (Sting might have been out of shape after not competing for the last year, if I heard right).

So Sting looked like crap instead and their year long build's payoff was badly damaged. It still went off, but the overbooking for it was a bad sign of things to come.

Hogan also never actually tapped out, supposedly he said "I quit", but no mics picked that up.

HBK must be the most boring tweeter of all time. It makes me wonder what he would be tweeting during his clique days. A circa 1994 era HBK on twitter would be amazing.

Hmm... this is actually a phenomenal idea for a parody account

And god, what a disgusting juvenile place that WCW locker room must have been

RBH

TNA wrestler Jesse Sorensen remains hospitalized with a neck injury that occurred at the Against All Odds pay-per-view on Sunday. He has feeling in his arms and is able to move them. He has a tingling sensation in his legs but is unable to move his legs at this time. Sorensen's spirits are said to be high despite the circumstances.

Powell's POV: This is actually encouraging news compared to the fears that people within the company had on Sunday night. Obviously, there remains a great deal of concern, though people within TNA are optimistic. We will continue to provide updates on the situation as further information becomes available.

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/TNA/article10023379.shtml

Ithil

So, basically, Hogan beat Sting clean, only for Bret Hart to Montreal him.

And this is Bret fresh from getting screwed.

WCW booking, how it boggles the mind. Add Hogan to the mix and you're wishing the cruiserweights would come back on to replace the main event.

Gestahl

Feb 12 Observer Radio: Bryan Alvarez and Dave Meltzer

Wrestling Observer Radio with Bryan Alvarez and Dave Meltzer returns tonight to talk all the news in wrestling and MMA including an update on Jesse Sorensen, who was injured at the TNA PPV, a full review of that show from top to bottom, the good and the bad, a new UFC on FOX 3 match, a new IWGP Champion and Dave's thoughts on the decision, Raw Monday, Alberto Del Rio, Smackdown, your questions and so much more.

Feb 12 Observer Breaking News Audio: Dave Meltzer and Bryan Alvarez

Wrestling Observer Radio with Bryan Alvarez and Dave Meltzer returns with a breaking news update talking the departure of Vince Russo from TNA, what happened and why, and the ramifications

Posting the Observer newsletters to the last letter is bad enough, but do you assholes have to explicitly pirate F4W's subscriber radio programs as well?

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
There are rumors that Rey Mysterio might be at Raw tonight(it is in his hometown).

JgTOW.gif

Penguin

As far as I know, the plan was for the ref (Nick Patrick, who favoured the nWo in the storyline) was supposed to do a fast count, so it was obvious Sting was being cheated, so Bret Hart could come out and restart the match and Sting would make Hogan tap out to win.

Instead, the ref's "fast count" was at most a normal count, and in fact closer to a slow count. The rumour about it is that Hogan paid him off to do a slower count to make it look like he beat him, and Bischoff didn't do anything about it because he was pissed off at Sting for something or other (Sting might have been out of shape after not competing for the last year, if I heard right).

So Sting looked like crap instead and their year long build's payoff was badly damaged. It still went off, but the overbooking for it was a bad sign of things to come.

Hogan also never actually tapped out, supposedly he said "I quit", but no mics picked that up.

which is why this is generally considered the turning point of WCW's rapid decline.

And they were able to top themselves just one year later!

Ithil

There are rumors that Rey Mysterio might be at Raw tonight(it is in his hometown).

In that case people should watch where they walk, I hear chances of slipping and falling onto the ropes increase by a staggering 800% whenever Rey is in the building.

Or how about HBKocaine

It would be perfect if it just played it off like its in the early 90's with referencing pop culture and what was going on backstage during that era. I am also sure we can dig up some old skool pics of him and the clique Kayfabe at bars in the 90's.

somedevil

I love how we were just called out by a random poster who never posted here before for the Observer stuff and no one here cares after the whole thing before about what happened to a poster. lol

I was reading this blog about Starrcade 1997 and man I can remember the WTF moment when hogan just....pinned sting fair and square, what was the story behind this? It totally killed Sting in my eyes.

http://thewrestlingrant.blogspot.com/2007/08/rewriting-history-vol-1-wcw-starrcade.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cusifJaHB0k&t=6m0s

seriously look at that shit lol, poor sting.

I worked an indy that he and his dad (Jody Hamilton, who used to run WWE's Deep South developmental) for about a year and a half. One day, I flat out just asked Nick Patrick what happened. He said he doesn't know what happened either. He said he had two groups of people telling him two different finishes. He just said, "Fuck it, I'm calling it like I see it." He didn't take a payoff from Hogan nor was there any crazy conspiracy theory. It was just WCW being WCW and sending everyone out there without a clear finish in mind.

Feb 12 Observer Radio: Bryan Alvarez and Dave Meltzer

Wrestling Observer Radio with Bryan Alvarez and Dave Meltzer returns tonight to talk all the news in wrestling and MMA including an update on Jesse Sorensen, who was injured at the TNA PPV, a full review of that show from top to bottom, the good and the bad, a new UFC on FOX 3 match, a new IWGP Champion and Dave's thoughts on the decision, Raw Monday, Alberto Del Rio, Smackdown, your questions and so much more.

Feb 12 Observer Breaking News Audio: Dave Meltzer and Bryan Alvarez

Wrestling Observer Radio with Bryan Alvarez and Dave Meltzer returns with a breaking news update talking the departure of Vince Russo from TNA, what happened and why, and the ramifications

as always appreciated man

I worked an indy that he and his dad (Jody Hamilton, who used to run WWE's Deep South developmental) for about a year and a half. One day, I flat out just asked Nick Patrick what happened. He said he doesn't know what happened either. He said he had two groups of people telling him two different finishes. He just said, "Fuck it, I'm calling it like I see it." He didn't take a payoff from Hogan nor was there any crazy conspiracy theory. It was just WCW being WCW and sending everyone out there without a clear finish in mind.

That's pretty neat that you would bring that up with him. You must have other pretty cool answers to questions we all wonder about.

Anyways. Thanks for that tidbit.

Kaladin

10thPPV-Splash-Flat.gif

http://www.gfl.tv/Events/Fight/Wrestling/Ring_of_Honor__10th_Anniversary_Show/1319

I have to say, this is the first time I can't get excited for an ROH iPPV main event. While Future Shock is a great young tag team, I don't think Cole and O'Reiley are main event stars. I also think Edwards/Richards has run it's course. They also have The Briscoes vs The Young Bucks which should be good, but I don't know what the rest of the card will be like. It certainly is a B show iPPV. It's a good thing it's only $10.

Ithil

Can someone explin this gif to me? I don't get the funny.

After the Divas match last RAW (as in right after the bell rang), they inexplicably panned to the crowd sitting on their hands. It's not something you'd want to show normally, that no one in the crowd gives a shit about what you're showing right now.

Chopper

After the Divas match last RAW (as in right after the bell rang), they inexplicably panned to the crowd sitting on their hands. It's not something you'd want to show normally, that no one in the crowd gives a shit about what you're showing right now.

Ah, excellent. I thought it had something to do with that arm movement. That match deserved that reaction. Fucking divas.

Brinbe

Thanks to BR for the hook-ups as usual... and damn, WM @ Metlife? It's not Toronto, but it's close enough. Would def consider going. Have family in the area so housing/travel isn't an expense and it's a huge place, so I'd be happy getting crappy tix and just being there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom