• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump’s new message man deletes inconvenient tweets

So where can I find these deleted tweets? I see people posting Trump's deleted tweets but I thought that the new dude is deleting his own tweets?

He's clearly deleting his own old tweets where he sounds like a big city liberal and/or Trump basher. I don't know what the hell other people are talking about.

rjinaz

Ah, but he was just a fresh-faced 53 year old back then. He didn't know what he was doing at such a precious young age! Now that he's 54 he has matured and evolved his positions.

Seriously. But I think also that now more so than before, people don't think others should be held accountable for the things they may have said or done anymore, even things in the most recent past. It has to be a Trump phenomenon, seeing as how he's so very hypocritical of so many things, especially tweets going back just a year ago. It's the only way they can justify it in their minds"why does it matter let's focus on today" not even considering they used to not give that benefit to people that they don't favor.

subrock

Would really love to see a cross reference showing which tweets were deleted and when. Seems like it will be pretty incriminating.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Trump brought us into an era where nothing you say matters anymore in politics. To think it wasn't all that long ago when politicians were practically lynched for "flip flopping" on an issue.

rjinaz

Trump brought us into an era where nothing you say matters anymore in politics. To think it wasn't all that long ago when politicians were practically lynched for "flip flopping" on an issue.

I agree it's definitely been taken to an extreme. But I also think that if Obama was president now, there would be no such mindset just as there wasn't for him a year ago, and nor will it work to the favor of the next Democratic president. Trump definitely is wearing his privilege proudly.

Future

What you say matters, but pandering to your base and bullying in a charismatic way matter more. It's kind of a life lesson. Certain words can speak louder than action. Obama did this too but in a much more classy way inspiring hope. But he didn't really continue it much as president, where as trump is a daily propaganda machine

Being hypocritical DOESNT matter though. Because when you think about it, only nerds or lawyer minded individuals actually fact check or remember past statements. As long as you assert yourself strong in whatever you say now.... that's what counts.

However ,you also assert repeatedly when the opposition is being hypocritical, to fire up your base. Even though people may not remember it, they will believe it and eventually accept it if told long enough. Most people are pretty simple minded when you get down to it

Kevtones

No. He sold his soul. Trump wouldn't have hired someone that would turn on him.

Trump seems:

1) bothered
2) unhinged
3) overwhelmingly driven by loyalty

I don't think it's out of the question that he could be severely manipulated by someone at this point (particularly someone that drives home his 'loyalty'). I'm not saying it's happening but for Preibus and others to be against the hire it raised my eyebrows. Oh god would it be brilliant and hilarious for Scaramoocus or whatever to unload on Trump out of nowhere one day.

Top Bottom