• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump says he won’t stay off social media

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
https://apnews.com/b6965f186cdc49809c53645ab7cdc151

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump may be trying for a reset in the West Wing, but he is making clear that he is not changing his twitter habit.

On Twitter Tuesday, Trump said: “Only the Fake News Media and Trump enemies want me to stop using Social Media (110 million people). Only way for me to get the truth out!”

The tweet came one day after retired Gen. John Kelly took over as Trump’s new chief of staff. Tapped to bring order to the chaotic West Wing, Kelly quickly made his presence known on Monday — ousting newly appointed communications director Anthony Scaramucci and revising the command structure so that all senior staffers report to him.

Those moves were praised Monday by Trump allies and lawmakers, who expressed hope that Kelly would help stem internal conflicts and advance a policy agenda after six months of tumult. But less clear is how much control Kelly will have over Trump’s predilection for sowing conflict and making off-the-cuff comments on social media.

Sorry Kelly

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Can you imagine how great it'll be when in a couple of months his Twitter feed stops (because he's in jail)?

inner-G

Banned
Can you imagine how great it'll be when in a couple of months his Twitter feed stops (because he's in jail)?

People in jail get phones. I bet he'll have his commissary full

That would be epic. "They call this meatloaf? America's prison food has really gone down the tubes. Even China has better prison food, believe me. Sad!"

stuminus3

Banned
I wonder if he realises how many people follow his social media because people love a good train wreck.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Guy just literally declared half the country to be his enemies.

Get him off the throne.

Sephzilla

Considering his tweets have done nothing but bite him in the ass, this is a good thing.

I hope he gets banned from Twitter 10 minutes after he's kicked out of office

Amory

not surprising.

it's a huge part of what got him to where he is, for better or worse, and his fans love it. he's not gonna just stop.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
He is going to fire Kelly when he finds out Kelly was furious about Comey's firing and was going to resign until he spoke with Comey and was told to stay put by him.

Wag

Is he going third person?

TUy8Hs9.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Is he saying he has 110 million enemies? Who is he talking about? American citizens?

I've always been in support of him using Twitter, I want him to be able to post his nonsensical drivel so people see just how batshit insane he is

Steel

Banned

Get him off the throne.

The funny thing is that half of the people who want him to stop tweeting are Republicans. Most of the people who want him to keep tweeting are people that want him to keep shooting himself in the foot.

MIMIC

Banned
Were people actually expecting Kelly to keep him off Twitter or something? If Kelly pulls the reins too tight, don't be surprised to see him cut.

Pedrito

I'd love to have a list of other world leaders who describe their political opponents as "enemies". Kim? Maduro? Erdogan? I don't think Vlad would even use that word.

Trey

Get him off the throne.

He's maintained that stance from the beginning. Anyone who has a different opinion than him is an enemy. The media is the enemy. Any one who criticizes him is the enemy.

kmax

You think the biggest narcissist in America wants to get off the largest platform online, holding the most powerful position in the entire world?

o-u.gif

Kurdel

Banned
It really goes to show how dumb he is if he thinks it's social media presence that bothers people, and not his content.

cameron

Where the hell did he get 110 million from? The NYT has more followers than this clown.

From early June, WaPo Analysis: No, Donald Trump doesn’t have 110 million people following him on social media
During the daily press briefing at the White House on Tuesday, press secretary Sean Spicer was asked about President Trump’s tweet earlier in the day claiming that the media was trying to get him to stop tweeting. (We very much are not.)

Wasn’t it the case, Spicer was asked, that Trump often does himself more harm than good with his from-the-hip tweeting?

“The president is the most effective messenger on his agenda,” Spicer replied. “I think his use of social media — he now has a collective total of close to 110 million people across different platforms — gives him an opportunity to speak straight to the American people, which has proved to be a very, very effective tool.”
Collective total doesn't quite add up. Standard nonsense from Spicer. Period.

Ponn

Banned
He's not wrong this time. Whatever the fake news media is may want him to stop using twitter but the main news outlets love it. Is there anyone that has actually said they wanted him to stop using twitter? A lot of people say it's embarrassing and unpresidential but that's always about the content of the tweets. And I never hear people saying he should stop, the shit he digs himself into is too glorious to tell him to stop.

This guy is so fucking delusional.

L Thammy

He's an addict. Twitter is how he deals with his mental diarrhea. If he was to stay off social media, he'd suffer from mental constipation. Eventually he'd just break and all the dumb projecting thoughts would just pour out of his mouth in a completely unrelated conversation. I mean, more than they usually do.

Catdaddy

I'd say he needs Read-Only internet access, but at some point he'll say something crazy enough to get him in lots and lots of trouble... especially those 3am ones

Where does he get 110 million people? Adding his Twitter + Facebook is about half that.

Also, how many of those are American. It's nice to reach a few million Russians of course for him, but still.

Top Bottom