• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump launches "Real News" program on his facebook page - hosted by daughter in law

Tawpgun

Not the onion I swear.

President Trump has launched a "real news" video series on his Facebook page, part of his longstanding effort to dismiss the news provided by the mainstream media.
The inaugural episode, published Sunday, features Trump's daughter-in-law Lara boasting about the president's accomplishments in front of a background of Trump campaign logos.
"I bet you haven't heard about all the accomplishments the president had this week because there's so much fake news out there," says Lara Trump, who is married to Eric Trump.
"Watch here for REAL news!" says a post on the president's personal Facebook page.
Presidents and lawmakers have used websites and social media platforms for years to promote their achievements, but the "real news" series goes further, seeking to discredit the mainstream media and advertising what purports to be a reliable alternative.
As BuzzFeed has noted, mainstream media outlets did cover the stories Lara Trump cites as being ignored, including Trump's donating his second-quarter salary to the Education Department and Foxconn's plans to build a plant in Wisconsin.
Ignored by Trump's "real news" segment were Republicans' failure to repeal and replace Obamacare, the president's tweets announcing a ban on transgender people in the military, and shake-ups in the West Wing that led to the departures of chief of staff Reince Priebus, press secretary Sean Spicer and communications director Anthony Scaramucci.
The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/08/02/media/trump-real-news/index.html

Whompa02

mwVPnEI.gif

or

1984.jpg

Which one will we get? Conspiracies? Lies? Propaganda? Or all the above?

Sulik2

Hopefully the fake new regulations Germany is instituting that will affect Facebook will apply to this and FB will close it down.

beginnings of State Run media and the fucking GOP is silent.

The GOP doesn't need a state run media organization. Fox News is already their propaganda arm.

Boke1879

You don't actually believe they have a problem with it, it is just that they want to be the ones controlling it. The GOP isn't small government at all, they never have been.

Oh I know. They can't claim to be that party at all anymore.

And people this isn't even desperation. This was likely the plan put forward by people in his staff. Bannon, Miller etc.

This is how you create a cult.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
My god.

Someone send him a copy of Nineteen Eighty Four post haste.

Or maybe not, he may well get the complete wrong message.

RPGCrazied

I thought she was the silent one. We all thought Ivanka was the sane one, lol

I guess all the Trumps are bad, save maybe Barron. Wait until he grows up though.

Apdiddy

Not far from Starship Troopers I see. If what's going on is not good all around, then they'll have on Facebook how everything is good. The new immigration policy is getting closer to that with the merit based system. My guess is if a new immigrant wants to enter the US and doesn't speak English, their military service will equal citizenship.

I'm sure Trump's cult of personality will love this shit, cannot wait to see it shared across FB.

This guys is the King of projection. If you have to call your shit, real news, you know its fake news.

My God, this family... how do you put together so many disgusting people willing to go along with this stuff.

Looks like Trump still wants to launch his media network, despite actually winning.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
This would be scary if it all weren't so stupid.

Nah, actually, that makes it scarier.

Top Bottom