• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump launches "Real News" program on his facebook page - hosted by daughter in law

Meanwhile, Keith Olbermann screams into a pillow.

He does that every morning, but this time he considers not lifting the pillow back up.

Bakercat

Can't wait until half my Facebook friends that are trump crazy to start sharing this bullshit and its all over my newsfeed. Man, this is shit you'd see in totalitarian based movies where the big baddie talks about how great everything is while looking out a window shows nothing but disarray and trash. How long until they start talking about, "homegrown terrorists" that are protesting in the streets against him?

Thankfully you can just block all stuff from that site in the newsfeed.

To block a Page:

Go to the Page you want to block
Click the ... below the Page's cover photo
Select Block Page
Click Confirm

The page will stop appearing in your newsfeed, even if one of your FB friends LIKES or SHARES stories on it.

YourMaster

This seems like something that dictators in illiberal countries do, not the US...

The US never had a proper democratic system, and was always vulnerable too shit like this. I really hate that people started to complain over the last several months on what was always obvious. A two-party system - one where it isn't even one person one vote - is bound to lead to an 'us versus them' where the 'us' is not 'the people' and the them not 'the elected officials' but where the people start to identify with a single party. It entrenches people and leaves everybody vulnerable to undemocratic influences.

People would be smart to next time not vote for the small time stuff like 'healthcare' or 'jobs', but only vote for people in the primaries that are willing to completely upend the electoral system. Freedom, rule of law and democracy should always come first.

I'm sure everything will be truthful.

"Trump rescued and nursed back to health a baby bird found in the road. The bird then proceeded to tell him that Hillary and Obama kidnapped him from his nest and left him for dead."

The implications behind this and calling it Real News is clear. Facebook needs to shut this shit down. They've been far too complicit in this fucking circus they helped to create. Without provisions like the fairness doctrine the reality is there needs to be some baseline for standard and practices. To stem the flow of willful misleading materials

Spectone

Not far from Starship Troopers I see. If what's going on is not good all around, then they'll have on Facebook how everything is good. The new immigration policy is getting closer to that with the merit based system. My guess is if a new immigrant wants to enter the US and doesn't speak English, their military service will equal citizenship.

More like If This Goes On than Starship Troopers

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/If_This_Goes_On—

Tawpgun

I just don't see why it has to have this tone.

He could have easily just had a weekly round up video posted to the official WH page just going through bullet points of what happened that week.

DonShula

Can't wait for the fact-checks that will be done on these things.

More Russian Facebots incoming. They'll need more folks to Like this so it appears more popular than unpopular.

psyfi

Banned
pf1Vp0p.gif
lmao

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.

He could have easily just had a weekly round up video posted to the official WH page just going through bullet points of what happened that week.
Because this is Donald Trump.

He is so thin skinned and vain that he feels this is actually the best way to combat the media's treatment of him. He is incapable of dealing with any criticism of him so how better to show everyone than to tell his "real facts". Of course his sycophants will eat it up while everyone else sees straight through it.

DonShula

They'd never use the official WH page because this is going to persist after he leaves office. He's going to make money from this eventually.

DonShula

Most amusing part is his fucking daughter in law is doing this. What does he expect to happen.

To be honest, they probably expect she will be attacked, and are prepared to return fire with "only lowlifes go after family." This is straight out of their playbook.

Dadasch

LMAO

This shit is too funny. I don't even know anymore how he can be more ridiculous, but deep in my heart I know he will show us next week.
He never disappoints.

Pedrito

It's not that bad. It's just a boring 2-minute clip of Lara Trump saying that everything is wonderful. I find the propaganda videos on the official White House youtube channel much worse.

Also, some amazing comments:

Ok i got angry yesterday coz donating to u is kinda too early since u are barely 6 months in office, then i saw one comment here and the person said she will be donating to u to just make the democrats angry, now i have decided to donate 50$ to also make the democrats angry..If donating to ur administration makes liberals angry then i will be donating every month..Am a democrat by the way..

Fercho

This is scary and dangerous but also quite smart . Removing the third parties from the contact that he has with his deplorable and stupid fan base.

....but this is Trump. So you know he is going to fuck it up and I can't wait to see how the media destroys his "news" and the drama that they (the news)are going to provoke.

It would be a shit show, but I'd love to see Facebook take down the page with the notice, "Facebook does not support the use of its website as a platform for state-run media and propaganda."

Facebook would never do it because it would be a huge PR and legal cost for what amounts to a political statement. The administration would just move the channel to youtube and have people put it in their timelines. But it's nice to dream.

Literally Colbert's "Real News Tonight" segments made real.

Life imitates art to the most incredible degree.

I really hope Colbert touches on this on his show tonight.

Haunted

Oy vey. State-sponsored propaganda distributed via official channels.

Banana republic over there, get your shit together USA.

Top Bottom