• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump tries to air "fake news" 2020 campaign ad; is rejected by all major TV networks

StarVigil

F

tumblr_ohtk5gM5ov1udqrrdo1_400.gif

You really think people like her and other Republicans don't know exactly the bullshit they're spouting? Her followers sure don't, they themselves are not so clueless. They're cold and calculating.

Lara Trump? Absolutely not, she's as clueless as the average American.

Republican politicians? Absolutely.

Why is thinking about 2020 and actually about his job performance now?

Well...

First of all, he's probably operating under the assumption that no one will vote for him/against him on the basis of his actual job performance, which is arguably the most coherent thought he's had so far if true. If people did vote based on performance, Washington would be less of a pig sty.

Second, the Presidential campaign is the closest he's ever come to actually winning. Okay, sure, it's basically on a technicality, and he has to lie to himself about the popular vote to even feel good about that, but it's a lot closer to actual victory than any of his other public endeavors. He's a successful Presidential campaigner and a failing President. He needs to start campaigning again to heal his bruised ego. Notice that he constantly tries to turn the narrative back to how well he did in the campaign, even months on after it's ceased to matter?

I mean, if you're looking for valid, rational human reasons I don't have those, but as far as "Trump Logic"(tm) goes, it's more or less to be expected.

Keep on winning 'merica!

Shame the propaganda piece didn't mention the 59 missiles he sent to Iraq (or was it Syria??1) with a boner or the mofo bomb, I'm the sure the audience would've loved some explosions on the screen and in their pants!

US political ads were already so fing weird to me, but this coming from the actual POTUS is hilariously bad.

Ishan

I mean I'm kinda on trumps side in this even tho generally I'm not aren't laws super accomodating on this as far as libel in the us ?

My understanding is unless you can prove the person said something PROVABLY wrong you can run with it ?

Edit or is this protected by private networks right to choose what they show ?

This whole thing is very wonky legally in the us . European countries are much more stringent on it

This is frightening.

It is a pure attempt at literal propaganda. The kind of act that we would see done in dictatorship-led countries.

Dude, his whole campaign/since he has been elected has been "literal propaganda". This guy is a fuckhead and this is nothing different

FyreWulff

literal attemp at fascist "state broadcast".

Why is thinking about 2020 and actually about his job performance now?

multitude of reasons

1) he's a fascist

2) it lets him hold re-election rallies and shuffle money around from doing them more easily as a candidate than a sitting president

3) probably thinks of it as an "alpha" move where he immediately claims himself as the nominee for 2020 to try and ward off any primary challenge.

I mean I'm kinda on trumps side in this even tho generally I'm not aren't laws super accomodating on this as far as libel in the us ?

My understanding is unless you can prove the person said something PROVABLY wrong you can run with it ?

n725075089_288918_2774.jpg

Seriously, the way I see it is, if the Trump administration can twist reality into their own agenda and call everyone else out for being fake media, then the "fake media" (which is the real, accurate media) has every right to reject spreading Trump's fake media.

Yeah, it's kind of twisted and loopy but this is sadly where we are today.

Man, that ad is comically bad. It seems like a cheap parody or something, and the fact that it was made by the sitting POTUS makes it kind of terrifying. It's shameless propaganda. It would be home airing on state-sponsored TV in North Korea. Luckily that sort of shit doesn't fly here in the States.

Lara Trump's comments are even more comical. Freedom of the press is literally mentioned in the text of the First Amendment, and for this very reason. Did Trump and his cronies ever passed basic civics in, what, fourth grade? It would actually be funny if he wasn't sitting on the nuclear codes.

This world man. I can't even.

Moosichu

My understanding is unless you can prove the I person said something PROVABLY wrong you can run with it ?

Edit or is this protected by private networks right to choose what they show ?

This whole thing is very wonky legally in the us . European countries are much more stringent on it

I'm going to pay you $1 to walk down the street telling everyone how dumb you are, you have to accept otherwise you are infringing on my free speech.

That is what Trump is arguing right now, except with television networks.

Ever since he said he'd lock up Hillary. And we just shrugged it off.

Who 'shrugged it off?' That was something tons of people commented on as being fascist in nature lol. He walked it back almost immediately after winning, though, even though he's referenced how she should be in jail a few times in reference to Comey and the FBI.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I will never understand how Fox people can actually sleep at night. They must be fully aware they're 100% supporting, enabling, and being the face of a semi-fascist, pro-censoring regime at this point. It's fucking crazy all the people at the place seriously go the "I'm only doing my job/"following orders" actual nazi excuse instead of running the fuck away from this.

The US is crazy. Absolutely crazy.

edit holy shit I didn't even see the mandatory Fox thing yet.

What the fuck

Jombie

I don't know what to say, other than anyone with a brain shouldn't be surprised. Trump and his sycophants are an assault on America and this will take years to clean up - if ever.

linkboy

FAKE NEWS!

Attention viewers at the U.S. Food and Drug Administration: Televisions will now be tuned to Fox News.

CBS News has confirmed an email was sent to researchers at the FDA's Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research responding to apparent efforts to change the channel on internal television screens. The email from "[White Oak] Digital Display" sent on Wednesday, May 3, was sent to inform the researchers of the "reason for the change from CNN to Fox." White Oak is the name of the FDA's campus.

Sounds about right, I'm in the Air Force and every TV on base is on Faux.

So freaking annoying.

scitek

This is frightening.

It is a pure attempt at literal propaganda. The kind of act that we would see done in dictatorship-led countries.

I don't think it's frightening. The fact the networks have the ability to reject garbage like this, and point out how full of shit he is is actually kinda reassuring.

Donos

If i would be N. American, i would probably cry every week out of dispair. This whole presidency is like "Idiocracy" light.

Not running ads has NOTHING to do with free speech

You can put it on youtube or on your server or whatever

I see what you're saying but it has ALL to do with free speech. They're free to air the ads they want and they decided to not air that one. It is a strong representation of free speech.

Take it away and they would've been forced to air it.

shiba5

FwTdMqk.jpg

Totally, golfing is hard work

It's funny watching the mental gymnastics when you try to get these people to actually explain what he's done. "At least he's tryyyyyying! Obama! Obstruction! Deeeeep State! rabble rabble rabble." The goal posts move to another state.

abundant

It's funny watching the mental gymnastics when you try to get these people to actually explain what he's done. "At least he's tryyyyyying! Obama! Obstruction! Deeeeep State! rabble rabble rabble." The goal posts move to another state.

Pretty much. Just days before his 100 days in office, the nightly news was interviewing Trump supporters about how they'd rate Trump's performance. One idiot said that not only was Trump fighting against the Democrats, but also against some Republicans, and yet he was still getting stuff done, which was more than any other President ever.

Dehnus

Already in 2020 campaigning mode? WOW. please USA don't be that stupid that you make him in a two turn president and then have elect Ivanka Trump in 2024.

Kremzeek

OMFG what a fucking joke that commercial is.

FaceBook had also get some balls and not allow that, per their new "no fake news" policy.

Pretty much. Just days before his 100 days in office, the nightly news was interviewing Trump supporters about how they'd rate Trump's performance. One idiot said that not only was Trump fighting against the Democrats, but also against some Republicans, and yet he was still getting stuff done, which was more than any other President ever.

I'm sure there was a situation where trolls in Russia were messaging each other trying to figure out who was behind a certain post or propaganda push. Hilariously enough was probably some random guy in Trumpland.

Platy

My favorite thing about the ad is how easily someone can take the "I am president trump and I aprove this mesage" to be used in other stuff.

I am even impressed that the memes aren't flooding as we speak

"It’s a great ad and it highlights all the wonderful things that have happened that you don’t hear about everyday because some people don’t watch Fox News. If you don’t watch Fox, you probably aren’t hearing all the great things the president has done.”

hmm i wonder why

I'm going to pay you $1 to walk down the street telling everyone how dumb you are, you have to accept otherwise you are infringing on my free speech.

this is actually an apt comparison lol

Ishan

Ah kk I see the difference now . Makes sense they refuse then .

Dice//

Banned
Trump's taken a big dump on most news outlets and they're upset they won't air his bullshit ad?

There's a lot to be said here and most of it makes me dumber to think about.

Top Bottom