• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump’s new message man deletes inconvenient tweets

President Donald Trump’s new communications aide is deleting old tweets that didn’t jibe with his boss’ views.

The aide, Anthony Scaramucci, says on Twitter that he’s removing the messages because his views have evolved and shouldn’t be a distraction.

Trump announced Friday that he’d hired the New York financier to help sharpen the White House’s public message.

But social media users quickly recirculated past inconvenient tweets by Scaramucci, including one praising Democrat Hillary Clinton. Trump defeated her for president last year and continues to criticize her.

Scaramucci says in Saturday’s tweet that he serves Trump’s agenda and “that’s all that matters.”

He adds in a later post: “The politics of “gotcha” are over. I have a thick skin and we’re moving on to @POTUS agenda serving the American people.”

https://apnews.com/d9ceeb9f905442ab...n=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP

Yea, so people feeling good about his past Tweets condemning Trump or praising Obama should stop now.

He's a total fucking sellout.

Period.

theWB27

He told people on Twitter he was deleting old tweets so that a bunch of people can go back and catch those tweets before they can rid of them?????

Seems typical for this administration.

Ri'Orius

He should know as a communications person that the internet never forgets and never forgives

Welcome to a post-Trump America, where politicians have learned that an electoral majority of the public is willing to believe whatever bullshit you feed them, as long as you promise to stop the brown people from something something America.

Joe

2_Rwx_IXX.png

Susan Hennessey is the best

"We deleted Trump's old tweets solving problems of him contradicting himself once and for all."
"But what if someone just saved them? I don't think that's how the internet wor-"
"ONCE AND FOR ALL!"

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
The guy is the perfect Yes Man for Trump. He will bow down and worship him.

His first press conference looked slick next to Spicer but watching the recaps - a couple of things:

1. His levels of sycophancy were through the roof. Genuinely bizarre appeal to to the press corps to "love him" as much as Scaramucci himself does.
2. All the questions he answered were related this own position. Let's see how he handles his next exposure when the spotlight is 100% on Trump shenanigans.
3. My god is sanders-huckabee terrible. Combative know nothing who can barely read her own sheets of talking points.

RinsFury

Does this idiot not realize every shitty tweet of his has already been archived? Can't hide this evidence at least.

Zolo

from the tweets I saw this guy is a massive sellout lol

Yeah. I think that's one reason he seemed to have opposition from some at the WH. He's not a traditional republican/conservative. His morals, beliefs, and views change with whatever way the wind blows.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Does this idiot not realize every shitty tweet of his has already been archived? Can't hide this evidence at least.

They can claim FAKE NEWS by deleting the tweets even when people claim they archived and have screens. Republicans are that dumb, they will go to twitter and see no tweet, therefore FAKE

rjinaz

He adds in a later post: “The politics of “gotcha” are over. I have a thick skin and we’re moving on to @POTUS agenda serving the American people.”

Oh I missed this part. Must be the same thick skin Trump has. Skin so thick you can see right through it.

Hagi

“The politics of “gotcha” are over. I have a thick skin and we’re moving on to @POTUS agenda serving the American people.”

this is funny considering who he is working for and how the republicans operate in general

cameron

Both Sarah Huckabee Sanders and Sean Spicer kept their old tweets that didn't age well.

Waah, I have a thick skin!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Anthony Scaramucci‏Verified account @Scaramucci 3h3 hours ago
More
Full transparency: I'm deleting old tweets. Past views evolved & shouldn't be a distraction. I serve @POTUS agenda & that's all that matters
This makes a kind of literal sense because full transparency is invisibility, which is what he's trying to achieve here.

rjinaz

this is funny considering who he is working for and how the republicans operate in general

Yeah it's amusing because the Trump people always try and come out like the good guys, "well WE want to focus on policy!"

Yet Trump himself is the one that causes nearly every distraction. You do you GOP and the stupid people that fall for it.

Shauni

Except Trump can go "that tweet is fake news!" Whenever people bring it up

It'd be very easy to verify that in the same way it would an e-mail. I really don't know what they hope to accomplish, to be honest. I mean, I do, but it blows my mind they actually think this is a real solution. Why, hell, every news network in the country probably monitors both his personal and POTUS twitter 24/7 at this point.

Top Bottom