• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump “I hate everyone in the White House!” (Vanity Fair)

jbug617

Banned
The conversation among some of the president’s longtime confidantes, along with the character of some of the leaks emerging from the White House has shifted. There’s a new level of concern. NBC News published a report that Trump shocked his national security team when he called for a nearly tenfold increase in the country’s nuclear arsenal during a briefing this summer. One Trump adviser confirmed to me it was after this meeting disbanded that Secretary of State Rex Tillerson called Trump a “moron.”

In recent days, I spoke with a half dozen prominent Republicans and Trump advisers, and they all describe a White House in crisis as advisers struggle to contain a president who seems to be increasingly unfocused and consumed by dark moods. Trump’s ire is being fueled by his stalled legislative agenda and, to a surprising degree, by his decision last month to back the losing candidate Luther Strange in the Alabama Republican primary. “Alabama was a huge blow to his psyche,” a person close to Trump said. “He saw the cult of personality was broken.”

According to two sources familiar with the conversation, Trump vented to his longtime security chief, Keith Schiller, “I hate everyone in the White House! There are a few exceptions, but I hate them!” (A White House official denies this.) Two senior Republican officials said Chief of Staff John Kelly is miserable in his job and is remaining out of a sense of duty to keep Trump from making some sort of disastrous decision. Today, speculation about Kelly’s future increased after Politico reported that Kelly’s deputy Kirstjen Nielsen is likely to be named Homeland Security Secretary—the theory among some Republicans is that Kelly wanted to give her a soft landing before his departure.
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/10/donald-trump-is-unraveling-white-house-advisers

The article goes on to say that Kelly and Mattis have been discussing what to do if Trump was to fire a nuclear first.

The most crazy thing is that Bannon told Trump that he can get impeached by his cabinet (25th Amendment) and Trump had no clue about it. Bannon believes that Trump only has a 30% chance of staying a full term.

Majine

Banned
I'm so confused. People say him getting removed is a long shot, yet 30% chance he's staying the full term?

Or do they mean he's leaving himself? I don't think so!

SpaceWolf

Banned
Just imagining Trump like

tumblr_nz1hriZSHu1rx5emdo1_r3_500.gif

jelly

I think the fear of what Mueller will find is what is actually upsetting him because it could end his business.

Bannon was the only member of his staff that thought he had a chance at winning the election (or at least told him he did).

This is going to get to him.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
He could make it easier on himself and just resign.

That last paragraph though

Even before Corker’s remarks, some West Wing advisers were worried that Trump’s behavior could cause the Cabinet to take extraordinary Constitutional measures to remove him from office. Several months ago, according to two sources with knowledge of the conversation, former chief strategist Steve Bannon told Trump that the risk to his presidency wasn’t impeachment, but the 25th Amendment—the provision by which a majority of the Cabinet can vote to remove the president. When Bannon mentioned the 25th Amendment, Trump said, “What’s that?” According to a source, Bannon has told people he thinks Trump has only a 30 percent chance of making it the full term.

kmax

The only guy that liked you (not really though, he just used you to further his agenda) has already left the building, Donny.

The rest are just trying to tolerate you.

Oriel

Shades of Fuhrer in the Bunker mentality about Trump right now. He sees everything in terms of himself against the world and feeling under attack. Someone so deeply sociopathic is a national security threat and needs to be removed from the WH ASAP.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
He seems a little unsure about the details of the one before it too.

He knows about it, he just doesn't like it because it means people say say things he doesn't like

shiba5

I can't see his Cabinet of toadies ever invoking the 25th. They're the same bunch who went around the room giving Trump a verbal handjob.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
The republican's inaction is worse than anything Trump does.

this is where i'm at.

Its not like they're getting anything done leglislatively, he's hampering that, if anything. He's making them all look like idiots. They could easily impeach him and have a true Republican as president.

Ecotic

I mean, this isn't so different from what has been said about his Presidency since the beginning. There's been no change I guess.

Syder

I mean he's always looked terrible but is it me or is the 'Presidential Ageing' process already kicking in with the Cheeto-in-Chief?

donald-trump-white-house.jpg

SAD!

Slayven

“Alabama was a huge blow to his psyche,” a person close to Trump said. “He saw the cult of personality was broken.”
Yep a 2 piece of backing a loser and seeing his name not putting someone over.

Top Bottom