• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump “I hate everyone in the White House!” (Vanity Fair)

Complistic

He'll resign after a year. He really doesn't want to go to jail, and he'll say he did everything he could to make the country great again, but no one would let him so he quit. That way in his own warped brain, he didn't actually lose.

Then we'll be stuck with an even greater evil, but at least we'll have someone who isn't suffering from dementia calling the shots.

Big One

Banned
He'll resign after a year. He really doesn't want to go to jail, and he'll say he did everything he could to make the country great again, but no one would let him so he quit. That way in his own warped brain, he didn't actually lose.

Then we'll be stuck with an even greater evil, but at least we'll have someone who isn't suffering from dementia calling the shots.
Greater evil? I fail to see how you could get any worse than someone that literally threatens nuclear war on a near weekly basis.

Sean C

Welll, that conversation didn't necessarily happen. Just speculation that it did from another official. Because, honestly, what could they do at that point?
I remember hearing a story from a guy who was in charge of launching the missiles. He said that there’s little stopping the president from doing it if he really wanted to.
Effectively, if he gave the order to launch and everybody else thought it was a bad idea, you'd most likely see an "informal" invocation of the 25th Amendment by whichever cabinet officers happened to be present at the moment the order was given, which would then be hurriedly backdated once they could get everybody on the phone. At which point, the presidential order would be rescinded (if it had been commenced at all; it takes a while to actually complete the verification process).

It won't be the 25th Amendment that gets Trump; the sole criterion for being in his cabinet is personal loyalty to Dear Leader. Also, most of his cabinet isn't fit for their positions either, and they know it. The few that are relatively competent and who might vaguely do something are being pushed out, like Tillerson.
Pretty much everybody who works for Trump loathes him and thinks he's an idiot.

Greater evil? I fail to see how you could get any worse than someone that literally threatens nuclear war on a near weekly basis.

its probably necessary that trump gets out of office ASAP so we don't all get fried but you can make the case that if he didn't have access to the nukes, it would be way better to keep him in the office as he's this ineffective Alzheimers patient who is busy challenging people to IQ fights then doing the necessary legwork to enact his horrific policies

whereas pence is actually a competent monster and would most likely achieve many of the scary GOP goals very efficiently

but he does have access to the nukes so my point is moot, its not wise to leave the fate of the world to this man and his misfiring neurons

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
i hope he fucking suffers

i fucking hope he is hating his life

i hope he gets an impassible kidney stone

I've always wondered... If he went berserk over a few jokes at the White House Correspondent Dinner, what is late night mocking him daily... worldwide, doing to him.

Rubenov

So many hopeful people in every Trump thread...

he's not getting impeached and has a decent chance of getting re-elected.

I'm reactivating my Predicit account to bet against all this impeachment talk.

TheMan

good.

the ineptitude of the white house is the only thing keeping us from descending into the complete dark ages. Imagine if someone as terrible as trump was actually efficient and able to rally support behind him? gays would be hung in the streets next to blacks, healthcare would be outlawed, and guns would be mandatory for everyone.

i hope he's miserable as fuck, cause fuck him

theWB27

its probably necessary that trump gets out of office ASAP so we don't all get fried but you can make the case that if he didn't have access to the nukes, it would be way better to keep him in the office as he's this ineffective Alzheimers patient who is busy challenging people to IQ fights then doing the necessary legwork to enact his horrific policies

whereas pence is actually a competent monster and would most likely achieve many of the scary GOP goals very efficiently

but he does have access to the nukes so my point is moot, its not wise to leave the fate of the world to this man and his misfiring neurons

I feel like this is a myth. It's not like pence hasn't been engaged in trying to get these policies together. He's participated in things like trying to convince McCain to vote Yes. He failed.

There's non hint pence would get the freedom caucus to agree with more "moderate" Republicans. He'd look more presidential while he failed but the gop have not shown they can legislate with all the power and pence being president instead of vice wouldn't flip a magical switch.

So many hopeful people in every Trump thread...

he's not getting impeached and has a decent chance of getting re-elected.

I'm reactivating my Predicit account to bet against all this impeachment talk.

Your guess is as good as theirs.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I'm so confused. People say him getting removed is a long shot, yet 30% chance he's staying the full term?

Or do they mean he's leaving himself? I don't think so!

From what I can tell, it's more likely he chooses to quit rather than getting forced out. Either due to health or boredom, or some other random thing.

Shoeless

Yeah something is gonna happen....just a matter of when and what.

It's unavoidable IMO, he wants to let loose on NK sooooo bad.

It's going to be interesting to see what would happen if North Korea got nuked, and how that would fundamentally change the perception America has in the eyes of the rest of the globe.

VARIA

It's beyond stupid that someone with zero political experience and IQ can have the most important job in the world.

Red

good.

the ineptitude of the white house is the only thing keeping us from descending into the complete dark ages. Imagine if someone as terrible as trump was actually efficient and able to rally support behind him? gays would be hung in the streets next to blacks, healthcare would be outlawed, and guns would be mandatory for everyone.

i hope he's miserable as fuck, cause fuck him
He has rallied significant popular support. More than 1/3 of the country still approves of him, and a majority of Republicans think he’s A-OK.

Trump shocked his national security team when he called for a nearly tenfold increase in the country’s nuclear arsenal during a briefing this summer.
It's shit like this that makes me think even Republicans are running out of patience with Trump. Just one disastrous decision along with Mueller's investigation and they will vote to impeach too.

Of course they'll make sure Pence doesn't go down with the ship.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
It feels so good knowing he is so miserable. I hope he is forever unable find happiness.

It is scary that he wants such a dramatic increase of nukes. That small aside at the beginning of the story is quite unnerving.

Zolo

From what I can tell, it's more likely he chooses to quit rather than getting forced out. Either due to health or boredom, or some other random thing.

Pretty much. I put him at a higher chance of having a heart attack than being impeached (and removed). I think he'll make it though. He'll get a lot of his energy back up when he's able to start properly campaigning against people. That's the part he actually loves.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.

No we won't we will be stuck with a Republican POLITICIAN. That's it. An actual politician. We have fought GOP Politicians before. It's a fight we know how to fight. Unlike now trying to fight a legit crazy person.

I'd much rather fight a war I know how to fight.

I mean he's always looked terrible but is it me or is the 'Presidential Ageing' process already kicking in with the Cheeto-in-Chief?

donald-trump-white-house.jpg

SAD!

Look at the scuffing at the base of the lectern.

Horrible.

Thoughts that passed my head:

His #IMPOTUS is becoming inescapable and unspinnable. You can tell by some of the most ballwashing amongst them softening.

So this is why Lindsey was golfing with him on Monday. He was "on duty" for babysitting while Kelly caught up on sleep.

The world's greatest conman is also the world's greatest mark.

Bannon is already reaching for new "blunt instruments" like Moore. Note this.

The question is how much damage he will do before he leaves. His malignant narcissism will make more naked plays for racism and ignorance as the walls close in. The less time he's controlling the news narrative, the better.

However, I highly expect most news to sensationalize his rantings with no connotation for ratings...

Indictments may MAY be close. Page has already plead the 5th and Cambridge Analytica has been in the HPSCI's eye already.

Top Bottom