• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump cancels visit over no helicopter landing

malfcn

President Donald Trump has canceled a planned visit and speech at the ancient mountain fortress of Masada in Israel after authorities told him that he could not land his helicopter on top of the UNESCO-listed site.

Instead, Trump will now deliver a speech at the Israel Museum in Jerusalem. It comes after an Israeli Air Force (IAF) regulation that prevents helicopters landing at the summit of the Masada site.
The reason for the regulation is that helicopters on approach create dust, making landing at the desert site 1,300 feet above sea level precarious. On a previous 1997 landing by the IAF in the middle of Masada, the wind created by the helicopter caused damage to the ruins,

source

He won't take a cable car and walk like everyone else.

Loxley

Not surprising. Dude's out of shape, hates stairs, and thinks he's King of the World. I'd be surprised if he didn't try to use a chauffeured golf cart to get around the White House.

Not surprising. Dude's out of shape, hates stairs, and thinks he's King of the World. I'd be surprised if he didn't try to use a chauffeured golf cart to get around the White House.
How is he cool with a helicopter if he's afraid of stairs. So bizarre.

"If elected, Mr. Trump, I can state unequivocally, will be the healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency"

"extraordinary" stamina and physical strength

trump-doctor.jpg

Only Donald Trump would want to land his helicopter on top of your 2000-year-old historical site, then nope out when you request he land nearby and take the convenient cable car.

Scoops

Banned
It's a little ridiculous to complain about this guys...

The secret service stopped that part from his trip out of safety concerns...

I know everyone wants to resist but pick the smart battles...

jakomocha

Lmao he's such an embarrassment.

Sorta unrelated, but Masada is a really really interesting place. Totally worth visiting.

Jenov

What safety concerns? Both Obama and Bush went up?

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

Hmm? Can you point to a source for this?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Came to say this. I'm guessing it would be really bad for security, including getting him out of a bad situation.

Bush and Clinton weren't too good to take the cable car.

Izuna

Banned
I have to say, I feel like Trump is making GAF care about a lot of the pointless shit Fox would rip Obama for.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I have to say, I feel like Trump is making GAF care about a lot of the pointless shit Fox would rip Obama for.

The fact that there is a proven viable way to get Presidents to the site is what is ridiculous.

It was safety concerns alright...the safety concerns that his helicopter would ruin the ruins and instead of opting to ride a cable car like previous presidents, his top aides rather cancel that part of the trip.

Also pick your battles? It isn't a battle when a person says he had the most stamina compared to everyone running against him only to contradict himself on more than one occasion. That is an "L".

But this is nothing compared to the fact that he's scheduled a whole 15 fucking minutes for the Holocaust museum. Cause that's the kind of thing you pop in and out of.

"Look, the Holocaust, it's a downer, OK. It's a downer. And all those people, they got captured. I like people who weren't captured."

Top Bottom