• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump claims Obama, other presidents never called families of fallen soldiers

jmdajr

The ways Trump continues to be an ass is amazing.

Every day it's something new that I couldn't even imagine.

And half the country is totally cool with it.

NewFresh

Ugh, people falling for Trump moving the goal post. What does Obama calling Gen. Kelly have to do with his comments??? Nothing! Don't even acknowledge it.

Ponn

Banned
JFPJqjs.png

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/920288039028559872

welp.

beaten by @Shadybiz

Said like a man who dodged the draft and never had his own kids serve.

“Please, go ask Kelly about his dead son.”

The greatest respect, huge.

studyguy

JUST IN: President Obama did not call Gen. John Kelly when his son was killed in Afghanistan in 2010, White House official tells NBC News

https://twitter.com/NBCPolitics/status/920309998567280641

AP already reported that they actually don't know how the Obama administration contacted Kelly, it wasn't a phone call but that doesn't mean it wasn't contacted.

Also meanwhile in bizarro world.

https://twitter.com/billoreilly/status/920307496736174080
Bill O'Reilly (@billoreilly)
Condolence letters are sent to all military families that lose loved ones. So am I wrong in thinking this is not a big deal?
Even O'Reilly not buying it.

JUST IN: President Obama did not call Gen. John Kelly when his son was killed in Afghanistan in 2010, White House official tells NBC News

..., OK? This proves nothing. I swear, if they successfully pivot this with bullshit, I’m going to be even more done than I have been over and over again, almost daily, over the last 6 months.

It’s a bottomless pit of despair and disgust, what can I even say at this point. Everyday, it’s something. I think I hit rock bottom 4 months ago.

Fox318

Obama really needs to come out with some fire and fury at this stuff. He can only sit on the sidelines for so long.

That only gives trump a target.

Trump needs a scarecrow to point at and tell people this is why you need to support me.

Without it he is just a rich bully.

NBC, nobody gives a shit and it doesn't matter if President Obama did not call everyone. Some got letters, maybe with a general he gave his condolences in person when they met later. It doesn't matter and we don't have to know either way.

This dude has insulted prisoners of war, parents of fallen soldiers and now dragging his own general into this with a dead son. It's a damn disgrace. Unbelievable that this is allowed to happen.

VariantX

Fuck no, Trump is a moron but he has not yet started a fake war in Iraq killing millions and also started a second Economic Depression

Naw hes too busy playing golf and bitching about people standing during the anthem before a football game to worry about our citizens in PR who got their infrastructure and services wrecked by a hurricane. He threw out some paper towels though.

..., OK? This proves nothing. I swear, if they successfully pivot this with bullshit, I’m going to be even more done than I have been over and over again, almost daily, over the last 6 months.

It’s a bottomless pit of despair and disgust, what can I even say at this point. Everyday, it’s something. I think I hit rock bottom 4 months ago.

If it is indeed from a current official, that headline is really irresponsible.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
The comment by Trump is horrible, but I felt like people are keep getting distracted by new Trump tweets everyday instead of focusing on real policy that affect us.

LiK

The comment by Trump is horrible, but I felt like people are keep getting distracted by new Trump tweets everyday instead of focusing on real policy that affect us.

That's what he does. Spew random shit so it becomes just white noise and ends up distracting us.

Obama really needs to come out with some fire and fury at this stuff. He can only sit on the sidelines for so long.

He really doesn't. His legacy speaks for itself, unless you're a typical inbred redneck who voted for Trump, in which case nothing he says would matter anyways.

Obama is an adult. Trump is a monkey rolling around in his own shit. There's no response the former needs to make for the latter.

Maxim726X

There's no point.

If he won't admit that he was wrong in the face of actual evidence to the contrary, there's no reason to ever engage him.

That's what he does. Spew random shit so it becomes just white noise and ends up distracting us.

You're inferring that he has some kind of plan when he does shit like this... I think it's been proven, many times, that there's never a plan or ultimate goal. He just makes him stream of consciousness public for the whole world to see.

To be fair, it's difficult for the mild-mannered American to keep up with the frequency and velocity of Trump fuckery. It just is. People have jobs, families and shit they like to do. This shit is for the birds (like us).

Maxim726X

In my dreams Kelly would post the letter Obama sent him, or something.

Kelly strikes me as the type of person to politely say 'The President is misinformed- Former President Obama did contact me to offer his condolences' without trying to sound like he's calling him out.

He won't go as far as you say, but it wouldn't be outlandish to imagine a scenario in which Trump is politely 'corrected'.

Owzers

So will today be about how many obama called and why he didn’t call Kelly? Trump vindicated? I’m sure the media isn’t that stupid...,

Does he though? The American public let him down, spat in his face and elected Trump. We don't deserve him coming to bat for us.

Him and Michelle. They did everything they could.

This is just who we are now. We're not in any position to ask anything of them.

So will today be about how many obama called and why he didn't call Kelly? Trump vindicated? I'm sure the media isn't that stupid...,

iZ3GIea.jpg

I don't think so. "White House official" not preceded by some variation of "former" or "Obama-era" would sensibly default to "current White House official." Which is precisely the case here.

It's irresponsible in the sense that it makes it look like Obama didn't contact Kelly in any capacity.

Future

Dude is a liar. We all know it. He did it on the campaign trail. He did it before the campaign trail. America was like “it’s cool”

So will today be about how many obama called and why he didn’t call Kelly? Trump vindicated? I’m sure the media isn’t that stupid...,

glad you asked

NBC Politics‏Verified account
@NBCPolitics

LiK

You're inferring that he has some kind of plan when he does shit like this... I think it's been proven, many times, that there's never a plan or ultimate goal. He just makes him stream of consciousness public for the whole world to see.

I honestly believe one thing he's good at is trying his hardest to deflect any blame he gets to someone else.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
The best bit is he says other presidents didn't call and helikes to call so he'll be calling next week.

Set your alarm for next week families of dead soldiers

Him and Michelle. They did everything they could.

This is just who we are now. We're not in any position to ask anything of them.

iZ3GIea.jpg

Trump and the White House lie so often and so frequently that literally everything they announce should be sat on until confirmed. The main stream media just can't seem to grasp the fact that the white house and the president just lie. All the time. Constantly. With no shame.

br3wnor

This is a serious character moment for Kelly. The president is now using his son’s DEATH for political gamesmanship, I’d imagine there has got to be a fucking line to this madness and what the qualified people around him are willing to take w/out bowing out themselves. This is really, really beyond the pale.

lush

45 wants to keep this in the 24-hour news cycle?

That's a bold strategy, cotton.
Talking shit about POWs/McCain seemed to work out just fine for him and he's already threatening him again in between politicizing a general's dead son.

ISOM

This is a serious character moment for Kelly. The president is now using his son’s DEATH for political gamesmanship, I’d imagine there has got to be a fucking line to this madness and what the qualified people around him are willing to take w/out bowing out themselves. This is really, really beyond the pale.

I feel like Kelly doesn't have the backbone or character that people think he does.

Jesus fuck it just keeps going.

I'm at the point now where I'm just in awe. Trump can make whatever outrageous claim he wants, and if .00000001% of it is true, enough people will latch onto it.

Glad Obama is staying out of this nonsense.

Top Bottom