• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump: Healthcare bill will be revised to gain GOP support for Thursday vote

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmdajr

So you pass the bill gutting all the good things, and promise to add them back later, but never do so.

Then blame it on Democrats.

IMG_4521.jpg

I pay Aetna $40 per paycheck but boy howdy I better not get sick or injured.

witness

So if that list is true then this is just now another deregulation bill and tax cut for the rich? Guess they'll need that tax cut as insurance is completely pointless at that point.

...will be even more disappointing than the previous election? Yes I agree
Unless Trump is being actively impeached, the 2018 midterms are going to be pretty bad.

If this bill comes to pass, the 2018 midterms will be a slaughter for the GOP. They're already going into them as a disadvantage, being the president's party. With AARP (the country's largest lobby, and the lobby of the primary voters in midterms) very much against this, the losses to the GOP will be brutal.

If this bill comes to pass, the 2018 midterms will be a slaughter for the GOP. They're already going into them as a disadvantage, being the president's party. With AARP (the country's largest lobby, and the lobby of the primary voters in midterms) very much against this, the losses to the GOP will be brutal.
Except dems don't turn out to vote in midterms

Sounds like more 'the GOP are going to be finished soon, I promise'

They never take the loses we predict, ever.

These people won't vote against the GOP. Maybe we can hope they don't vote or vote Tea Party, but the people who put these turds in power are not going to vote democrat.

KoopaTheCasual

https://twitter.com/AlexNBCNews/status/844910760685920256

Sounds like moderates are breaking after Trump's idiotic concessions to the far right. Rewriting the bill at midnight and not giving members time to parse it might as well be a sign that leadership is killing it.
Wait, already 30 "No"s without the Freedom Caucus? Don't they only need 23 "no"s to kill it?

Shit is dead.

please don't fold and fall in line last minute
Bad as in bad for everyone because it looks like it will pass? Or bad as in bad for Republicans because it won't?
Bad as in, it's still up in the air, due to Republican's knack of falling in line, when the chips are down.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Bad as in bad for everyone because it looks like it will pass? Or bad as in bad for Republicans because it won't?

I was thinking the former, due to the removal of the essential coverage stuff in order to satisfy the freedom caucus, but it looks like that might just be causing new issues in trying to get this passed (and especially through the senate.)

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Could you imagine what would happen if half the people who voted for Trump were told that their insurance no longer covers their prescription Dilaudid?

They'd illegally purchase oxys like the rest of middle america?

Isn't that literally everything? What the fucks the point of health insurance then if it doesn't cover medication or hospitalization? Just, whaaaaaa?

Not to mention the fact that it will just increase prices for actually humane coverage plans. Idiots willing to risk bankruptcy will do well though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom