• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump: IN AMERICA WE DON'T WORSHIP GOVERNMENT - WE WORSHIP GOD!

WedgeX

Banned
I am catholic so that's OK in my book.

But I am not american, is always good to have presidents with commitment to god

No it's not. As a fellow Catholic, I want strict separation of church and state. I don't want my religion to be imposed on others nor have others, such as Protestantism, imposed on me.

SexyFish

Banned

doc-rivers.gif

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Yes, he absolutely did, and it was indeed during the Boy Scout speech.

That shit makes my blood boil.
'Happy Holidays' really only exists because Christmas and New Years's Day are so close together and everyone over a certain age knows that.
Why is he declaring war on New Year's? lol

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I mean I wouldn't complain if he was actually committed to doing good things in the service of God but he is actually, I think this is called, taking God's name in vain.

Media

I had a dream last night that there was a coup and he was removed from power by the IC community. And things went crazy right after .

Now I'm kinda hoping it happens, because he is straight up insane and is damaging us more and more every day.

jelly

That shit makes my blood boil.
'Happy Holidays' really only exists because Christmas and New Years's Day are so close together and everyone over a certain age knows that.
Why is he declaring war on New Year's? lol

Ivanka promised him a New Years gift, it wasn't what he expected.

Gunblade47

Neo Member
So what is the difference between this and "fundamentalist Islam"?

The US has some scary ass religious people in the same vane as those crazy jihadist that are not real Muslims but taints the whole religion.

the US tainting Christianity? Perhaps/why not..

There really isn't any. Both sides are basically bending the popular local belief to their needs of hate and power.

Bet you 90% of them never picked up a bible and the other 10% didn't make it to the bit with jesus. Trump sure as hell didn't.

He basically just said God "trumps" written law.

And since he's saying it right after his Trans military ban this morning, you can put the two together.

Gunblade47

Neo Member

You're okay with a man that hasn't had a single moment of humbleness in his entire life, a man that stepped on other's and robbed those that needed support just throwing your religion around willy-nilly because it sends his fans in a frenzy?

What the hell!?

Can you imagine if Trump becomes a Twitter Evangelist?

I can't wait for daily bible references from the Pussy-Grabber.

"GOD, I BET HE LOVES ME. LOVES MY VICTORY OVER CROOKED HILLARY. WE TURNED THAT MAP RED! JUST LIKE MOSES PARTED THE RED SEA! #MAGA"

Cool. Great. I was wondering what my vomit would taste like today. Thankfully Trump gave me a reason to barf into my own mouth.

Can I wake up now? Are we done with this nightmare?

kess

James 2:14

14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

Wallach

Even our very first president also seemed to have a commitment to god. It's just that our forefathers also knew that men who believed god should live within laws that govern everyone in this land were wrong. Wrong enough that we started a war over it. I don't get the impression the politicians of today understand that anymore, even though it is the bedrock for our nation's existence.

cress2000

trump's only god is money, which narcissists and sociopaths tend to think is more important than anything else. so yeah....checks out.

Top Bottom