• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump: IN AMERICA WE DON'T WORSHIP GOVERNMENT - WE WORSHIP GOD!

rjinaz

If there is a god I'm pretty sure it's their fault for letting Trump be POTUS.

God is only responsible for good things happening though. Got a new job. Thank GOD! Child became a lesbian. Damn the Devil! (In their minds obviously not a bad thing to sane people)

matthewuk

As a Brit this really scares me! The last thing I want is the world's biggest army under the control of evangelicals. I know trump is playing these guys but he is playing with fire.

Ms.Galaxy

I am catholic so that's OK in my book.

But I am not american, is always good to have presidents with commitment to god

As an agnostic theist, former Catholic, this is not okay. No modern nation should force and respect one religion over another. And let's be honest, Trump is as committed to God as I am to being heterosexual, which is to say not at all.

Ms.Galaxy

Which God though?

lead_960.jpg

Praise be the holy noodles!

cress2000

Yah - just today he seems to be going at it harder than usual so wondered if something other than that.

It's pretty lame really but what else is new?

Ah, yeah. He's trying to gaslight more Christians with this kind of stuff too.

that's why we're seeing this, if it's not a joke:

EGM1966

Ah, yeah. He's trying to gaslight more Christians with this kind of stuff too.

that's why we're seeing this, if it's not a joke:
Yup - depressing stuff unless you happen to be on the right "team" and even then if you're sensible you should still see the danger here.

No it's not. As a fellow Catholic, I want strict separation of church and state. I don't want my religion to be imposed on others nor have others, such as Protestantism, imposed on me.

Bingo. My current church's push towards evangelism is really making me uncomfortable.

Foffy

Banned
Where did God fuck up more.

With giving sentient life cancer, letting children die of violent disease, or allowing people like Donald Trump to live to senior citizenry and ultimately become President as a senior citizen?

deo

Banned
Ooooh boy.. Why Donald? Why did you bring God into this? Now this thread will be an unbelievable shitshow

1406259224499.gif

He's referring to himself as God.

Every single day he is in office more damage is caused to America. We don't even know the full extent of the damage he has caused to the government, youth, mindset etc

He has to be removed asap. We are watching a literal madman in charge of the US right now.

I am a Catholic as well.

And this guy doesn't follow basic Catholic principles like compassion with the poor, rights of workers and protection of nature.

No way in hell is he any but religious... no way at all. But this thread will inevitably still bash religion... :(

People don't bash religion here, we bash people who use it for their own personal gain.
This man is not religious in the sense of following christian teachings, by that I mean following what Jesus taught.

Top Bottom