• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump: IN AMERICA WE DON'T WORSHIP GOVERNMENT - WE WORSHIP GOD!

Gattsu25

Banned
Ay, indeed he is no true Scotsman.

Eh, it's different with him. He doesn't believe that he needs to ask God for forgiveness which is against the central tenets of just about every single christian denomination. He also can't even say the name of biblical books correctly.

It was obvious from jump that he's only done surface level pandering towards white christians (which is enough for them).

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Uhm, what? How about we worship neither if we so choose?

(I'm not American, but that shit is fucking scary. "HERE IN AMERICA WE WORSHIP GOD, OR ELSE...")

Aiii

So not worth it
With every day that passes I wonder more and more how you are ever going to live this down, US.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
The US has always done a shitty job being a secular country, what with the whole "in God we trust" bullshit and the hand-in-the-Bible presidential oath.

It's exactly like how the electoral college system makes it a faux-democracy at best.

A country of facades.

Fury451

Banned
Trump is so obviously an atheist which makes the pandering even mote pathetic.

Yep. It's hilarious watching him try to talk about how important God is, how much faith matters, when it looks like he's barely able to choke the words out every single time. Anybody that thinks he's actually a believer in any of that is duping themselves.

Anticol

Banned
Great now all the religious people in America will forgive and ignore everything wrong Trumo did or will do from now on.

ItIsOkBro

trump's agenda today:
[x] pander to bigots
[x] pander to religious fundamentalists

up next, pander to climate change deniers?

horkrux

c10c.png

1398732222473.jpg

Sheroking

Eh, it's different with him. He doesn't believe that he needs to ask God for forgiveness which is against the central tenets of just about every single christian denomination. He also can't even say the name of biblical books correctly.

Selectively ignoring bits of the Bible is Christendom 101. As is severe ignorance of the Bible.

Gonna have to rule on the side of "he's a Christian, even if his priorities are not with religion".

Gattsu25

Banned
Selectively ignoring bits of the Bible is Christendom 101. As is severe ignorance of the Bible.

Gonna have to rule on the side of "he's a Christian, even if his priorities are not with religion".

Nah. Someone that doesn't believe in the need for forgiveness is on some "I'm not a christian but I am spiritual" train of thought. Still, the fact that he was able to use that shallow catering to appeal to white christian voters shows that it worked.

All I'm saying is, it's pretty obvious this dude doesn't believe in anything other than himself and the gullibility of his voters.

Codeblue

I wonder if he just adds random punctuation and emojis to challenge his PR staff.

"I'm gonna tweet something really stupid, and you have to spin it using only this projector emoji".

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Religious conservatives believe that "secular liberals" actually idolize and worship the government, since they don't believe in God. This is also one of the reasons why conservatives are so opposed to things like universal health care. They view it as man acting like God and giving help to those who don't deserve it and don't believe in God. I am not even joking. I grew up with this kind of mentality all around me.

CloudWolf

Isn't seperation of church and state great? Man, it's so cool. Also, the entire freedom of religion thing that's literally part of the American constitution? Great stuff.

Too bad the 'Leader of the Free World' doesn't believe in it.

Yo Trump, Jesus has a response for you:

And he said to them, “Take care! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; for one’s life does not consist in the abundance of possessions.” 16 Then he told them a parable: “The land of a rich man produced abundantly. 17 And he thought to himself, ‘What should I do, for I have no place to store my crops?’ 18 Then he said, ‘I will do this: I will pull down my barns and build larger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods. 19 And I will say to my soul, Soul, you have ample goods laid up for many years; relax, eat, drink, be merry.’ 20 But God said to him, ‘You fool! This very night your life is being demanded of you. And the things you have prepared, whose will they be?’ 21 So it is with those who store up treasures for themselves but are not rich toward God.”

- Luke 12:13-21

royalan

This has nothing to do with the Christian faith.

Republicans rutinely use Christianity as an excuse for their hate.

Not my God.

bionic77

God it sucks living in a joke country.

I feel bad for criticizing poorly run fascist shitholes in the past. Its different when you are on the inside. :(

That's a pretty hard swing at the Evangelical fence after his early tweets today pissed off pretty much the entire remaining population of the US.

Trump's tweets are usually reactionary though. Did I miss a great surge lately of government-worship? I mean besides the usual crowd that deifies that R party.

With every day that passes I wonder more and more how you are ever going to live this down, US.

We already can't. Even when he's out of power, it's a scar that will never be easy to hide (assuming rational people aren't wiped out from the world).

WriterGK

Can someone tell me. People who live in the US? What have you guys noticed and been through first hand since Trump started his Presidency? Friends/family losing jobs? Getting deported? Losing savings money? What is actually different concrete as to before he became President?

Top Bottom