• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump is Requesting Visas for Foreign Labor at Private Clubs (vs paying Market Rate)

Syriel

Perhaps the problem isn't finding people to do the job, but rather the wages that Trump wants to pay?

The requests for H-2B visas, posted on the Department of Labor website, are for 26 cooks, nearly 50 waiters and waitresses, plus housekeepers, a hostess and a bartender. The jobs range in pay from just under $12 to less than $14 an hour. Mar-a-Lago and the Jupiter club have relied on foreign workers in past years for staffing during their peak seasons, which run October through May.

This year, the request for foreign workers comes in the middle of "Made in America" week at the White House. Trump, who has had his own line of ties manufactured overseas, says he wants U.S. companies to focus this week on ways to create more opportunities for American labor.

Source:
http://www.npr.org/2017/07/20/53838...florida-are-seeking-visas-for-foreign-workers

I mean, $14/hr isn't that bad for that kind of job, and that area of Florida has a pretty average cost of living.

Must be a shitty place to work.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Every day just another embarrassment.

At this point Trump would have to defecate on himself for me to think he's reached bottom

Worlds cheapest man. Making $3.5 million to play golf every weekend and wants to pay people peanuts. He's the definition of a money hoarder.

Ketch

You guys don't get it. He shouldn't have to pay higher wages.

Rich people don't deserve to make less money.

UberTag

Every day just another embarrassment.

At this point Trump would have to defecate on himself for me to think he's reached bottom
If Trump shat himself he would still find a way to blame Obama for it.
And Fox News would conjure up a conspiracy that Hillary poisoned his food.

iosefe

i swear when he announced Made in America Day/week, he said they'd say, only buy american, only hire american, or something very similar. i remember doing a small double take wondering if he'd ever say someone wasn't really american

but yeah, it's been 2 days and he's already trying to hire non-american.

Strike

"He does it because he's smart!"

Convincing a not so insignificant part of the electorate that he was somehow not going to do what he and rest of the 1% have been doing to them for years on the fact that he had never held a political office before has to be the biggest con he's ever pulled.

C3COC3JXAAI1HRE.jpg

C3Dsc4CWIAEJ5Gq.jpg

ZOONAMI

That's actually a good hourly wage for a server but not really any of the other positions if they aren't tipped. My guess is no one is really tipping even the servers jack shit though as it's a private club so everyone probably feels like they are entitled to everything and don't need to tip anyone.

That's probably why they can't find anyone American to work there because the place has a bad rap as low pay and shit for tips.

If they paid $20+ an hour they wouldn't have this problem.

BigDug13

I mean, $14/hr isn't that bad for that kind of job, and that area of Florida has a pretty average cost of living.

Must be a shitty place to work.

If I was paying $200,000 a year, I'd expect my service to be English fluent and well paid who are beaming from ear to ear to go out of their way to take care of my every need. Not a low paid ESL worker. Otherwise I'd start to ask where all my money is going

Top Bottom