• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump press conference: Alt-left, Robert E. Lee = Washington, #NotAllAltRight

Ivan 3414

C_cTDZzUAAEQ3Mr.jpg

This shit needs to go viral.

I feel for the secret service. I'm sure there are good people there who hate this guy but they gotta protect him at all costs. I'd fucking quit. Dude deserves no protection at this point.

Lunar15

All he fucking had to do was denounce Nazis.

Nazis who killed someone.

Like, jesus christ why is this so hard that it's required three different statements? The third of which just seems to be complaining that he ever had to do it in the first place?

At work. May I have a summary?

It's cool that a bunch of Nazis went crazy and one drove into a crowd of people because they had a permit. Also George Washington was a slave owner, the alt left is the real problem, and his tax cut plan will improve race relations.

Steel

Banned

Asked about his Saturday statement Trump goes on a rant about how there were legitimate people amongst the nazis that were just trying to stop Robert E. Lee's statue from wrongly being taken down. He then lamented the idea that the statue needed to be brought down, saying it's the same thing as bringing down statues of George Washington. Also, the Alt-Left is just as bad as those nazis.

Fox318

What in the ever living fuck has happened to American politics. I'm in complete disbelief.

Social Media (Twitter)
Entertainment News Media (CNN/FOX/MSNBC)
Corporate interests siding with the Republican because of Tax Reform.
A horrible campaigner and horrible politician lost to a reality star.

This week will at least kill his approval rating. Shit better be in the 20's after this nonsense. Fuck it should be in the teens already.

-griffy-

Banned

Trump said both sides were violent at Charlottesville, that the "alt-left" should share some guilt, that they are tearing down Robert E Lee statues and they are going to come after George Washington statues next, that he owns a big winery (?), that we don't know all the facts about what happened, that people on the other side came with black outfits and bats ready to do violence, that the white supremacists and nazis or whatever you want to call them weren't the only group there and the media was being very unfair to the others, that the group was there the night before, he looked, and they were protesting very quietly. The nazis at least had a permit the other group didn't have a permit. Also they'll get an infrastructure bill done, they were very close on healthcare but John McCain switched at the last second and you'd have to ask him why but they were very close on healthcare and they'll get infrastructure done.

jph139

At this point, I can't even imagine the fallout of all this.

We're living through history right now. Post-Trump America is going to be a separate epoch in the history books. A long, national hangover.

This week will at least kill his approval rating. Shit better be in the 20's after this nonsense. Fuck it should be in the teens already.

What if 35% will just support him no matter what?

It doesn't mean he will win an election again, it just means he has the most rock hard losing 35% around.

The KKK and white supremacists came to defend a literal traitor to the US. A man who wanted so badly to own people that he participated in a war for it. The people today who idolize such people in our history used fear and actual physical violence to not just try but kill counter protesters who don't want a racist traitor earning praise in their purpose public park. This is so simplistic that it should frighten people that the president is turning himself in knots over this.

No more dog whistles, no more bullshit, the President of the United States just backed Nazi's on live television. Buckle up folks, shit just got real

Top Bottom