• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump press conference: Alt-left, Robert E. Lee = Washington, #NotAllAltRight

rjinaz

C_cTDZzUAAEQ3Mr.jpg

lol took me a minute. I was like, something's not right.

Syder

Just add 'Alt-' to everything, why not?

Alt-Centrists, why not?

Crtl-Alt-Delete the world we need to start again...

Honestly, I watched the whole thing and didn't feel a single emotion. I'll act shocked when he does something unexpected.

I mean, rake this fucker over the coals for it but yeah, this doesn't even evoke a reaction from me anymore.

JABEE

On one side you have enlightened, scholars of the 18th century with serious flaws, who founded this country and shaped modern democracy around the world.

On the other side you have White Supremacists and their false idol.

Fox318

What if 35% will just support him no matter what?

It doesn't mean he will win an election again, it just means he has the most rock hard losing 35% around.

To some extent there will always be people who support a letter over a candidate.

As long as single issue voters exists and the GOP can claim a moral high ground on guns and abortion there will always be people voting against their economic interests.

Tain

"Trump using 'alt left' to imply a moral equivalence between the alt-right and their opposition, where did he get an idea like that?"

🤔

Poppy

im willing to bet that at some point he says "well i think white people have done a lot of very great things, so whats so wrong about thinking they are the best???"

Did he go out there to put on the worst press conference he possibly could? Besides clearly being racist, it's also total incompetence. How is anyone decent with an (R) next to their name not at least speaking out as a matter of self preservation?

pigeon

Banned
No more dog whistles, no more bullshit, the President of the United States just backed Nazi's on live television. Buckle up folks, shit just got real

Now's where we see whether anybody was actually fooled, or whether they voted for him knowing he was a white supremacist.

I have a guess.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
He's literally regurgitating the birther shit.

"We don't know all the facts! There are still things we don't know!"

All right. So there's no doubt, Trump is an idiot racist.

I can just imagine Kushner's face at the dinner table when Trump talks about how cool all those Nazi's are.

Republican Party needs to take a stand here.

Ithil

I'm sure it's been said many times in the thread, but let it be clear:

There is literally no such thing as "alt-left". It's not a thing that exists. It literally refers to nothing. Saying it means you are a stupid person who knows nothing and probably should shut up. Especially if you're president.

That's as clear as I can make it.

Degen

He once said that he could kill somebody and his fans would still support him

Nice of him to return the favor

gondwana

The only take dumber than "both sides" is the "left made them nazi because human beings are like crash test dummies with absolutely no agency or advanced cognitive function to critically process stimuli" that youtube skeptic geniuses are pushing

L Thammy

I'm sure there will be a rush of juniors to defend his racist ass.

I can at least understand that much, but the people who claim to be against Trump than go "whoa whoa whoa let's not go that far" when it comes to actually acknowledging that he's a horrible excuse for a human being and not just a goofy clown man are unbelievable.

Top Bottom