• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Says He'll Show Off The US Military In Parades

Status
Not open for further replies.

NimbusD

Yes, because the military members don't have anything better to do than march in parades.
Yeah everyone's doing the Nazi hyperbole (not that I don't think this isn't troubling, but there's much worse examples). But this is the first thing I thought. I honestly can't imagine a single person in the military getting this and thinking of this is awesome.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
"Just lemme nuke something."
"But sir..."
"An island. Like with no people and stuff. Arent there a bunch of them in.....Sri Lanka?"
"Sir its....."
"Come on. We will watch from a boat. Pack a nice lunch. Please?"

We have the best nukes, beautiful nukes. Let's show them off. Show everybody we have tremendous nukes, just the mostest bestest nukes.

Trojan X

Banned
raw

And there it is. Do you believe this picture now? Seriously. Do you? Still think it's a joke? My gosh.

What a first thing to laugh to in the morning. Oh my days. Smh...

Whats the chance we might get some kind of military coup ?

Never thought i would see the day where i want a military coup to occur but that's the trump world we live in now.

Liberty4all

Banned

Never thought i would see the day where i want a military coup to occur but that's the trump world we live in now.

0 percent unless the idea of a civil war ripping the country apart sounds like a great idea.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I guess they'll have to expand the honor guard or something by a couple thousand.

Military might not be super against it since they love the propaganda for recruitment and the red states will probably love it.

If there's a full time parade MOS, people would probably jump to sign up for it. No combat deployments, hang out in DC year round...sounds pretty comfy.

Kind of a waste of money though. Parades used to also be used to show off new hardware, uniforms, etc. but we just don't develop new stuff (on a mass deployment level) as often as we did for most of the Cold War that people would want to see. I guess an annual parade would be whatever.

IC5

Generally speaking, we already have drill teams and military bands, which already do plenty of showing off, at various gigs, every year.
I also see things like military members driving hummers onto the ice at hockey rinks and using cheesey pyro effects to pretend to be shooting gun turrets.

There are also other things, like obstacle course runners. Airshows, etc. I dont think it would be too much of a stretch, to organize these things into parades.

linkboy

Seeing as people in the military tend to lean more conservative then liberal, there's no chance.

FyreWulff

zero. That would be an outright constitutional crisis. The impeachment process is instant, Trump would immediately become and be considered a regular citizen once Congress would hand down a verdict.

Xtyle

zero. That would be an outright constitutional crisis. The impeachment process is instant, Trump would immediately become and be considered a regular citizen once Congress would hand down a verdict.

Maybe I remind you the GOP runs the show now. Any were to happen it would depend on them.

8 more months for me. I decided I was getting out before he even announced his candidacy, but still I'm excited to get out.
Year plus for me. I'm kind of the same way, I was already leaning toward getting out after my contract ends, the election just guaranteed I will do exactly that.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Meh, it's nothing to get worked up about. They'll fly some jets over a stadium, have some navy ships sail past some harbor with military families waving, some marching band with jeeps, that kind of stuff. He's just overselling this.

I really don't expect some Red Square like parade.

Magni

After watching the Chinese military parade (last year I think?) I was hoping that we would start doing them too. It was pretty cool.

Yeah, let's be more like China. And North Korea. And Nazi Germany.

wow......i thought such act was only for those countries with a super mentally insecure leader.

Well, I guess France is the exception that proves the rule, but as a Frenchman I find them to be a total waste of money. I found them cool as a kid, but that shouldn't be how we decide things.

There you go, Trump's campaign slogan for re-election in 2020. "TRUMP: Keep America Great!" Hasn't taken the oath yet and he's already thinking about his next run.

That comes as no surprise. He had a blast campaigning. He never wanted to govern, he's still in campaign mode, attacking Hillary over two months after the election. He can't wait for there to be a Dem contendent for 2020 so that he can attack them too.

France has a really big military parade in Paris for Bastille Day so it's not just dictatorships that do it....

Still a horrible idea though

Yup.

DeviantBoi

Like other have said, zero.

But the Republicans are giving Trump enough rope to hang himself.

They'll impeach him the second he becomes too much of a nuisance.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Taxpayer money is fine for stupid fucking fences and parades....

but poor people are getting too much free food.

GOP logic.
There is logic and it's simply to fuck over as many minorites and as many of the dirty poors as possible

Tzeentch

If there's a full time parade MOS, people would probably jump to sign up for it. No combat deployments, hang out in DC year round...sounds pretty comfy.
Parades ... in DC? You want a coup, that would spark it :)

I did some parades in Hawai'i while in dress blues and hollyyyyyy shit was that uncomfortable. DC is a million times worse.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Blomkamp was right all along.
landscape-1478985225-motorcade.gif

Air-Force-One-Trump.gif

This is amazing. Blompkamp is really good with visual direction, just too bad to know he couldn't make a Trump-inspired movie like this that would actually be good. Love the realism.

The palm trees in the airplane, lol.

mf.luder

Man, this is what your tax dollars are going to be used for? Paying for this guy to live in his own hotel and driving tanks up and down the street?

What a great country.

At least if O'Leary gets a sniff of PM in Canada our streets won't be filled with anything.

Codeblue

This reminds me of that colonel in Catch-22 that was totally obsessed with parades.

What was his name again?

Oh yeah, Colonel Scheisskopf. How appropriate.

Lautaro

What a waste. I mean here in South America we usually make parades for tradition and because we need to show our muscles to our neighbors as a deterrent (and to convince ourselves that we are "strong" and therefore "safe"), USA doesn't have that problem... I think.

Goose stepping is fun though.

Dishwalla

Banned
What a waste. I mean here in South America we usually make parades for tradition and because we need to show our muscles to our neighbors as a deterrent (and to convince ourselves that we are "strong" and therefore "safe"), USA doesn't have that problem... I think.

Goose stepping is fun though.

Oh no we definitely have that problem. Hence Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom