• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump tells congress he lost popular vote due to 3-5m illegal ballots (false)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
What I find very interesting in this story is that he claimed this in a private meeting with the congress leaders. It's one thing if he says it in public for his audience and another thing if this is a topic of discussion in such a meeting. Imagine being a congressional leader and seeing the President going into this stupid rant.

The crazy uncle has become president. And he will just go on and on how they stolen the popular vote from him. The aliens.

This is just the beginning. This is a precursor to the endless infantile petty tantrums our President will have over the next 4 years. This is an inconsequential domestic grudge, just wait until this spreads into foreign policy. Every person saying "give him a chance" can go fuck themselves.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
America is crippled by the electoral college. It goes directly against democracy and ensures shifting demographics can not afffect the direction the country is headed.

Basically, it makes sure religious and rich folk stay winning.

Rektash

Remember when people said he was saying all this stupid shit just to win the election? Well, it turns out he actually believes in the crazy shit he says and there is no actual sane Trump mode he switches to when in office.
This will be full on mental diarrhea mode with made up shit, conspiracies and petty lash outs for the next 4 years.

Too bad, eh? Whoopsies!

forms

1196.gif

Appropriate use of this animation. :D

What will be 'bottom' for this man, him breaking into tears if Putin publicly shits on him for (hypothetically) not believing climate change is real?

If
when
his tantrums start of have significant negative repercussions, both domestic and foreign, and Americans (hopefully) become more & more angry, and possibly violent (racist and non-racist working-class whites alike), what is going to be the President's reaction...to say these people are just part of some fake news narrative to delegitimize him?

Honestly, he's a political product of a body of politic that the GOP has been inciting and enabling in a reliable voter base for years.

If he, and others like like him, need to do possibly irreparable harm to this nation for this populous to learn the error of its ways...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Democrats winning more elections is only a stop-gap, not a solution.

On-topic: He should let America decide who's REALLY won the election with a Twitter poll. The salt would be soo worth it.

Sounds like we need a re-vote. Think about how many Republican local and state officials got elected because of all these illegal ballots. Glad Trump is bringing this issue up.

Remember when people said he was saying all this stupid shit just to win the election? Well, it turns out he actually believes in the crazy shit he says and there is no actual sane Trump mode he switches to when in office.
This will be full on mental diarrhea mode with made up shit, conspiracies and petty lash outs for the next 4 years.

Too bad, eh? Whoopsies!

How many 70 year old man have "two sides"? Almost every single senior citizen I have met says whats on their mind because they are too old to give a shit about putting up a front. Trump ain't no different.

I find it astonishing (or perhaps it's all too obvious) how this does not subsequently undermine confidence in his legitimacy. Perhaps not his own confidence, 'cos he's a walking ego, but others. It's because he won. Winning is all that matters.

The assumption of fraud, and also its agents - Democrats - is so Manichean, let alone unfounded, but that doesn't matter. Cos winning, even in a broken system, is still winning.

When this motherfucker inevitably loses his reelection he's so going to break the centuries old American democracy tradition of a peaceful transfer of power isn't he? This asshole will have to be forced relinquish his power isn't it? I cannot see this imbecile admitting defeat.

When was the last time a sitting president refused to transfer power? I feel like we would have to go all the way to the XIX century for anything remotely close.

Don't kid yourself.
If the United States isn't capable of purging this fascist pathological laying sack of shit in the next election I don't think you guys deserve to continue having a "democracy". Your fucked up system already gave two presidencies to candidates that lost the popular vote as it is!

If you guys can't get rid of this clown you should stop calling yourselves a republic.

Lach

What I find very interesting in this story is that he claimed this in a private meeting with the congress leaders. It's one thing if he says it in public for his audience and another thing if this is a topic of discussion in such a meeting. Imagine being a congressional leader and seeing the President going into this stupid rant.

This is incredibly interesting and scary.
It makes me think that he really, really, really believes all those lies ("alternative facts") he's spouting around.
Saying those things in a speech to the public, trying (and succeeding) to fool the people is one thing (and already despicable), but him actually believing all those things is something else entirely!

Monocle

If the United States isn't capable of purging this fascist pathological laying sack of shit in the next election I don't think you guys deserve to continue having a "democracy". Your fucked up system already gave two presidencies to candidates that lost the popular vote as it is!

If you guys can't get rid of this clown you should stop calling yourselves a republic.
Well we can't really get rid of the great big mass of stupids who voted against their interests for a flamboyantly toxic populist, so it's going to be a challenge to mobilize enough voters who have some grasp on reality.

Well we can't really get rid of the great big mass of stupids who voted against their interests for a flamboyantly toxic populist, so it's going to be a challenge to mobilize enough voters who have some grasp on reality.
What's the hold up for abolishing the electoral college? It's whole point was to avoid getting unqualified assholes like Trump getting elected so it's clearly not working as intended. Quite the contrary!

What would it take to get rid of it? And why do I suspect it has everything to do with republicans blocking it?

He needs to be removed from the presidency by any means necessary ASAP. 4 years of this is going to absolutely ruin the United States and perhaps the rest of the world.

UberTag

This is incredibly interesting and scary.
It make me think he really, really, really believes all those lies ("alternative facts") he's spouting around.
Saying those things in a speech to the public, trying (and succeeding) to fool the people is one thing (and already despicable), but him actually believing all those things is something else entirely!
You need more reallys in that statement.
The man is a pathological narcissistic nutcase who needs to be babysat 24/7.
He'd be unfit to run a lemonade stand... let alone the United States.

What we can be reassured by is that the Republicans that are closest to him don't seem to be doing anything to dissuade this opinion and I think it's now a common understanding across all party/media lines that he's nothing more than a figurehead clown that is being propped up so they can enact policy.

The real threat Trump posed is that people would take him seriously despite being a delusional nutcase and that doesn't seem to be happening outside of the most brainwashed of poors in the Republican voting base thanks to Trump's antics with the CIA and this outburst about the popular vote at a bi-partisan congressional function. They all seem to understand just what Trump is.

He needs to be removed from the presidency by any means necessary ASAP. 4 years of this is going to absolutely ruin the United States and perhaps the rest of the world.
Well, yeah... the reputational damage that is being done is pretty egregious. There's no escaping that, I'm afraid.
The United States has mortgaged its international credibility and reputation on this gambit.

What's the hold up for abolishing the electoral college? It's whole point was to avoid getting unqualified assholes like Trump getting elected so it's clearly not working as intended. Quite the contrary!

What would it take to get rid of it? And why do I suspect it has everything to do with republicans blocking it?
Republicans aren't replacing it unless they can institute something in its place that would make it even easier for them to manipulate results and steal elections.

NHale

Trump is not as dumb as people think he is.

He knows how to play with the media and deflect attentions to stupid stuff when real stuff appear on the headlines. General Flynn is being investigated or Conway says he will not release his tax returns and he leaks "I believe I lost because of illegal votes" and media eats it up and focus on the insane statement instead of the real important stuff (net neutrality is over with his FCC nominee).

This happened since he announced he was running for the primary and the media played a huge role because they can't filter what's important from what's just stupid stuff. Quite frankly if journalists don't stop with this, we're all fucked because this how Trump administration will be playing the next 4 years. Deflect with a silly statement everytime something important gets headlines, it's the media job to not play attention to the propaganda and just focus on what's important. I know it's hard after so many years of writing and providing content about Obama's birth certificate and so on...

He's a fucking idiot. If he acknowledges that illegal votes influenced the outcome, he's by extension acknowledging that he could well have won due to illegal votes. He has no way of confirming if the alleged illegal votes voted for Hilary or not. What if they had mostly been for him?

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton

He knows how to play with the media and deflect attentions to stupid stuff when real stuff appear on the headlines.

This wasn't a public statement. This was him saying these lies to the congressional leaders in a rather private environment. He is obsessed with two things these days, both very much showing egomaniacal tendencies: the popular vote and the inauguration day crowds.

Sorry, but the n-dimensional chess theory doesn't pass the Occam Razor in this case.

Amalthea

Banned
Not if he is just ranting about this shit behind closed doors too.

He gets himself and his cronies entangled in nearly the same amount of unnecessary, obstructing shit as the press and public, because he is exactly as dumb as he seems.

Trump isn't smart, he is just shamelessly exploiting the fact that nearly anybody has some form of courtesy and he does not.
He simply bullies everyone and just as with school bullies nobody has the balls to stop them.

Otherwise he'd have had his career rightfully ruined decades ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom