• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump to give speech on Islam in his visit to Saudi Arabia

Kurdel

Banned
giphy.gif

Islam is a peaceful religion. I hear from smart people that Islam is great and peaceful. The most peaceful religion.

Islam and most other religions and their practitioners are peaceful

PLEASE let this be fully recorded and/or live-streamed. I honestly hope he does his best and makes great strides towards improving relations between the US and Muslims, but if when he fails miserably, I at least want to be witness to it.

phaonaut

Why end do it? I don't know if he'll fuck it up, but he is guaranteed to make one group mad. Saying too many nice things about Islam will just anger his base. I don't think hes brave enough to talk shit while there.

I mean.. what the fuck does he know about Islam?

Some of his most declarative statements about Islam have been along the lines of,

"Islam hates America"
"Islam isn't compatible with American values"

PLEASE let this be fully recorded and/or live-streamed. I honestly hope he does his best and makes great strides towards improving relations between the US and Muslims, but if when he fails miserably, I at least want to be witness to it.

Improve relations why his administration argues to ban them from the country? There is literally nothing he could do to make any strides. At best he says some nothing words and people are like meh.

bionic77

Smart move.

Bring the racism and bigotry directly the audience it is intended to harm the most.

Can't wait for his next speech at Howard where he breaks down the problems with the blacks.

I actually wonder if he is doing this to increase his approval ratings though. I think sadly most Americans would be on board with him shitting on muslims in a muslim country.

CHC

I can already hear it

"Islam is a beautiful religion - perhaps, maybe, the most beautiful..... [rambling] you have people cutting each other's heads off - it couldn't get worse - and they're on TV saying, I'm quoting - we want to kill all Americans - and if you saw the things these guys are showing me - I can't tell you about them but they're real - you would say "wow Donald, I can't believe this".... [rambles] folks it's a beautiful religion and the people are just... so lovely."

Ms.Galaxy

Mom always did say Trump would likely be murdered long before Congress considers impeaching him.

can Saudi Arabia charge and execute Trump for blasphemy?

Diplomatic immunity, but holy shit if they did arrested him for blasphemy... It would be glorious and terrifying.

Boem

Surely someone close to him set this up because he/she is as sick of this circus as everyone else. There's no way he's not going to fuck this up.

Top Bottom