• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump to give speech on Islam in his visit to Saudi Arabia

zethren

Banned
Saudi Arabia can keep him, we don't want him back.

In all seriousness though, this is going to be the height of stupidity. It's guaranteed that he will put his foot in his mouth.

Wait what

I figured saudi was his bff together with russia. What in gods name does he have to say about islam? Positive that is

If he says anything bad, what will they do to him?

Ithil

I really doubt it. You can clearly see he departed a lot from his original geopolitical stance of non-interventionism. I think he was playing the "anti-establishment card" while he was candidate and now he is entangled in the geopolitical game with dozen of advisors screaming in his ears all day long.

But maybe i will be surprised.

Dude, he doesn't care. Not one bit. He never cared about any of this, his only interest is his own ego and wealth.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I expect the usual verbal diarrhea that will totally confuse any non English speakers there and that's before he puts his foot into his mouth a few dozen times if not outright insulting Saudi Arabia or Muslims as a whole.

"Islam is the worst failing religion in...*gets shocked by his new shock collar*

As I was saying, have you seen the electoral map of the election? I won bigly! It was the greatest win of all-time, they called it!"

Brandson

Unless he's planning on announcing investments/deals/partnerships with Saudi Arabia, this makes no sense at all. This could be another one of those things that his advisers are trying to talk him out of doing, but getting shot down.

subrock

guessing the sentiment "I know you're not all evil but there are definitely a few bad ones" plays strong in this speech

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Oh boy.

aqWpCjK.gif

Dude, he doesn't care. Not one bit. He never cared about any of this, his only interest is his own ego and wealth.

It's irrelevant. An administration is not only one person, he have to follow so many thing that make his actions limited. If he want to rule, he need allies. Maybe he didn't knew that when he was candidate, but i am pretty sure he know it now.

Trump is a dumbass to make his first foreign trip to Saudi Arabia without even testing out friednlier waters.

normally a new President goes to Canada or Mexico first ... you know, baby steps with a freindly face. not too much contraversy

but Saudi Arabia out of all places? as his first try out on the interneational stage?
what could go wrong?

Lifeline

He's going to say good things about it to continue his arms deals with the Saudi's, curious to see how his bigoted supporters respond to it.

daveo42

Banned
Things can always get worse. We're about to see how.

"Stop bombing us and coming to our country or we will bomb the shit out of you"
-sir, they are our allies
"Can't be, I know our allies and these guys, they aren't our allies. They look nothing like the Russians."

On one hand, he wants to secure a multi-billion dollar deal with Saudi Arabia for arms, and must deliver a flattering speech on Islam.

But on the other, his fervent base practically railed for his anti-Muslim stance and don't want to see a positive speech on Islam and Muslims.

This will be fun.

Hollycat

... Isnt speaking against Islam punishable by death in Saudi Arabia? Trump what are you doing... Are you trying to start a war?

Or watch him totally flip and say "I love Muslims, theyre the best, I have the best Muslim friends, the best schwarma is made in Trump Tower."

This is just asking to be a colossal fuck up.

Nah, he'll just do the usual routine

"I love Muslims, so many Muslim friends... etc"

The more gullible locals and international viewers will buy it, the smarter ones will see through it. Life continues.

Side note: Word is the USA is about to implement a program in Saudi's International airport to allow immigration before you fly Stateside. Same thing already exists in Abu Dhabi (UAE).

Top Bottom