• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump to give speech on Islam in his visit to Saudi Arabia

Chittagong

Gold Member
Funny, because he'll be fucked whatever he does. If he doesn't slag off muslims his base will be angry. If he slags off muslims USA will be even more fucked, if possible.

leakey

This couldn't possibly go wrong...

708.jpeg

I really doubt he will says something bombastic since he is speaking to his main ally, try to win their hearts over again, reassuring them about the new iranian policy.

Of course the intertext will be disgusting as always. But i believe the people in r/donald will shed some tears.

"Your prophet, man, what a great guy. But I started to notice there aren't any pictures of him anywhere, surely someone needs to see what this guy looks like? So I commissioned a portrait -- and lemme tell you, it's great, you're gonna love it -- as a token of friendship from the U.S. to Saudi Arabia."

bionic77

Nice redirection Trump camp. This should get people off his back about Russia for a few seconds.
That is what I think this is too.

Start a new controversy where he shits on muslims in a muslim country. That will change the news cycle and I think sadly increase his favorability.

Oozer3993

He will give a bland, measured speech praising the religion. He will look utterly miserable the entire time. He will say several things that are directly contradictory to things he said during the campaign. The_Donald will spend hours hating it until one of their more creative idiots tries to claim that it's actually a brilliant move of 24 Dimensional Dwarf Fortress.

Cat Party

I can already hear it

"Islam is a beautiful religion - perhaps, maybe, the most beautiful..... [rambling] you have people cutting each other's heads off - it couldn't get worse - and they're on TV saying, I'm quoting - we want to kill all Americans - and if you saw the things these guys are showing me - I can't tell you about them but they're real - you would say "wow Donald, I can't believe this".... [rambles] folks it's a beautiful religion and the people are just... so lovely."
Lmao

JordanN

Banned
I really doubt he will says something bombastic since he is speaking to his main ally, try to win their hearts over again, reassuring them about the new iranian policy.

Of course the intertext will be disgusting as always. But i believe the people in r/donald will shed some tears.

This is the same man who said his supporters could assassinate Hillary.

He doesn't care about America, he most certainly cares less about its allies. The only thing Trump cares about is money.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
He's probably just gonna pander.

Islam is a great religion! One of the best religions out there.

"Your prophet, man, what a great guy. But I started to notice there aren't any pictures of him anywhere, surely someone needs to see what this guy looks like? So I commissioned a portrait -- and lemme tell you, it's great, you're gonna love it -- as a token of friendship from the U.S. to Saudi Arabia."

LOLLL, i can imagine this happening word for word.

don't forget this though, "Your prophet, what a great guy. But not as great as Jesus though, my god. He was unbelievable."

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
My guess is that he defaults back into a classic "Islam is a religion of peace. Terrorism is a vile corruption of this great faith" narrative.

Which is fine, I prefer the diplomacy of the government not unnecessarily antagonizing Islam, but he was elected specifically for the "refreshing" (to bigots) narrative that Islam = terrorism.

Do you think he'll mention most of the 9/11 terrorists were Saudis or anything about the American families suing the Saudi government?

This is the same man who said his supporters could assassinate Hillary.

He doesn't care about America, he most certainly cares less about its allies. The only thing Trump cares about is money.

I really doubt it. You can clearly see he departed a lot from his original geopolitical stance of non-interventionism. I think he was playing the "anti-establishment card" while he was candidate and now he is entangled in the geopolitical game with dozen of advisors screaming in his ears all day long.

But maybe i will be surprised.

Arozay

He'll pander, followed by outrage, then 3 posts into the new thread there'll be a "nyyerr, orange turd" post.

DonShula

Let me tell you, Islam is important. Very, very important, and people have been telling me good things. People ask about Islam and I say "very important," because a lot of them, they're tremendous people. I've been hearing a lot about them. Good men and women. But you don't look at the women, you can't see them. But good women. And they need someone to speak for them because there are bad ones out there doing terrible things. Awful things, and people say "can we let them in" and I say "how do you know?" How do you know with Islam? And they want to make it a political issue, but you have the majority saying they want to be safe. The majority voted, it was the biggest Electoral College win. A tremendous win. But you can't get a good look at the women. So you don't let the laptops on the plane.

Theonik

People are setting themelves up again.
The bar/expectations you are proposing basically make it seem that anything less than a complete disaster will be spun as a huge win and Trump 'Finally appearing presidential'

Pagusas

Elden Member
He's just going to talk about his inauguration crowd size and mention how a few of his best friends are Muslim.

liquidtmd

Banned
White House: Trump to give Islam Speech

Trump Tweet in 2 hours: "Speech? What speech? Fuck that, I hate Islam. Fake News"

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
lol hes not going to shit on Islam in Saudi Arabia. this will be one of those speeches that make idiots like Van Jones go 'He was very presidential there, he didnt insult Islam or muslisms, true President!'

They told me you can't do it. They told me you can't fix Islam. They said that. You know? But I've fixed loads of things. Lots. Obama care, did you see how I fixed that? Everybody said you couldn't, but I did. I sorted out regulation in this country. People have come up to me in the street and said 'wow I can't believe you did it'.

Look what I'm saying is that I've fixed companies before. I'm a business man, I've done it once, twice, many times. Lots. I can fix Islam.

There's lots of good islams. I know some islams. Plenty. Great people. The best. But you've got big problems here. Huge. Massive. So I'm gunna sort them out real fast. So fast that you won't believe it.

Top Bottom