• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump won't attend Kennedy Center Awards, Center agrees that is for better of event

VariantX

The second part is the juiciest part. He did this to feed his ego and soak in the crowds, applause, and grandstanding. It affirmed his fragile and damaged ego.

... But then the responsibilities of the job came and the criticism grew LOUDER over time. And they will only grow more and more with each passing day.

It's slightly refreshing to know that hes actively destroying his own brand bit by bit as time continues to pass by his own hands. He had no buisness running for office not understanding thing one about what it's responsibilities entailed.

Slayven

It's a good decision by the president and his council. I think this shows how much respect there is for the Kennedy center and what they do.

I'm sure it pisses some off that this won't be another opportunity to sideline announcements to ask him the same question over and over again to capture a perfect sound bite.

Trump couldn't even spell respect. The man turned Heather Heyer's death into an ad for his winery

PJV3

Trump couldn't even spell respect. The man turned Heather Heyer's death into an ad for his winery

That's where we are now, it's a good decision if the president doesn't go out in public to a pretty ordinary event and answer questions.

Caelus

It's a good decision by the president and his council. I think this shows how much respect there is for the Kennedy center and what they do.

I'm sure it pisses some off that this won't be another opportunity to sideline announcements to ask him the same question over and over again to capture a perfect sound bite.

How you continue to do this, I have no idea.

Ponn

Banned

That's some top quality spin right there I tell you what.

"Trump knows how shitty his presence is and he respects the awards too much to not shit it all up. He deserves props for being self aware."

The really sad part is that while your take on it isn't as good as you are spinning it the more realistic version is even worse. He's not going because he's not getting praised, honored or the center of attention. It's a very real pattern with Trump.

Shadybiz

Good, stay away, you miserable sack of shit.

I figured it out...you're Sarah Huckabee Sanders!!!!!!

Oh Gloria honey, have you not seen by now that trump only listens to trump? I love that your heart is in the right place, but he just equated the people standing up to Nazi hate with Nazis themselves. You're never going to reach him.

Literally every single person who has tried this has failed...Yet there is still hope he can change lol

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard

Your trolling isn't amusing. A woman was recently murdered by Nazis because of their love for this racist egomaniac.

Reconsider your life if this is all you can do to feel special. To echo Schwarzenegger, keep this up and no one will remember you when you're dead.

Agnostic

but believes in Chael
I hope the family is shamed out of public life after this nightmare ends.

*Tiffany and Barron are exempt from the shaming.

I guess Trump took LL Cool J's advice to heart

You better watch how you talkin' and where you walkin'
Or you and your homies might be lined in chalk

Future

What can the president attend these days that won't cause a fuss besides a white supremacist rally. Nothing in entertainment really.

Ponn

Banned
I did. It's like they won't even recognize Trump. Just the office.

I feel it would get under his skin more if you just call him Trump and completely ignore any references to him being president. It's like calling a Doctor by their name only and not including Dr. It really pisses them off.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
It's funny I was talking to a guy about trump and I said it's a testament to a lot of unseen people in the federal government that the country hasn't collapsed in spite of their being no real leadership at the top. The system is still strong

I really want this to become a Dem talking point. It's obvious he's just given up.

I think. That's wishful thinking

I feel it would get under his skin more if you just call him Trump and completely ignore any references to him being president. It's like calling a Doctor by their name only and not including Dr. It really pisses them off.

Unless you've had absolutely terrible luck when meeting people with doctorates, not really.

What a time to be alive. The event is dignified by the President of the United States not attending.

He's basically resigned from the presidency. He just won't get out.
I concur. This is a zombie presidency now, and Trump is becoming a pariah. He's spent the last of his political capital, alienated nearly all of his allies, and shown the GOP that they will get little use out of him for furthering their agenda. With Mueller closing in, and the little rata about to flip on Trump, I'll be surprised if he lasts much longer now. The other day in Trump Tower was the moment he mentally checked out of the role.

Of course, since he's a narcissist though he will never resign. He'll be dragged out of the oval office kicking and screaming.

Lol. He's gonna cancel the Easter egg roll and the bunny's gonna agree it's for the best.

Hehe.

That would be like trying to train a cat to not lick it's own asshole.

giphy.gif

Geezuz..

Ponn

Banned
Unless you've had absolutely terrible luck when meeting people with doctorates, not really.

I worked in a pharmacy and had to talk to many doctors about prescriptions. Yes, quite a few of them got livid if you forgot to say Dr. so and so. They would literally stop me mid sentence and say "No no, it's DOCTOR so and so". I even had some straight up ask to talk to someone else if I forgot to say it again.

Reeks

Melania should go. Now that I think about it, she's the only one close to him who I have nothing negative to say about.

Nokterian

Further evidence that Trump is isolating himself more and more, if he did went he would be shouted out and for good measure.

Tovarisc

Melania should go. Now that I think about it, she's the only one close to him who I have nothing negative to say about.

She and Ivanka ran heavy defense for Donnie after Hollywood Tape surfaced. Also claims to stand against bullying and such happening on and over Internet, unless it's her husband conducting those acts.

Etc.

She is tainted too if you start looking to her during and after Trump 2016 campaign.

Barron and Tiffany most likely are only ones from the Trump family that are clean of this shit.

Alucrid

Banned
She and Ivanka ran heavy defense for Donnie after Hollywood Tape surfaced. Also claims to stand against bullying and such happening on and over Internet, unless it's her husband conducting those acts.

Etc.

She is tainted too if you start looking to her during and after Trump 2016 campaign.

Barron and Tiffany most likely are only ones from the Trump family that are clean of this shit.

tiffany opted to speak at the rnc and appear on the campaign trail.

Eusis

Remember when we went to war with Iraq for no reason? Those were the daaays!
Given that he's actively held back from doing the same damn thing with North Korea but with even worse pretext... nevermind actively speaking about actively wanting to start shit for material reasons... :/

It's probably a case of being so much worse that he ends up doing far less real harm. But it's still early and he may yet get to commit something monumentally horrific with more than his dumb mouth.

Tovarisc

tiffany opted to speak at the rnc and appear on the campaign trail.

True, but imo she conducted herself well and dodged out as soon as she was able to. Benefit of being Donnies least favorite kid (impression I have at least) is that you aren't expected to take part in family fuckery.

I worked in a pharmacy and had to talk to many doctors about prescriptions. Yes, quite a few of them got livid if you forgot to say Dr. so and so. They would literally stop me mid sentence and say "No no, it's DOCTOR so and so". I even had some straight up ask to talk to someone else if I forgot to say it again.

ah yes, people who did medicine do tend to suffer quite a lot from overinflated egos. Most of them usually don't have a PhD equiv either. Also happens with lawyers (which happens to be my trade) in my country a lot.

Maaan, pharma and nurses have it rough.

Reminds me of the guy in Seinfeld who demanded to be called "Maestro".

Wag

Well, he does want to cut the NEA. I stated when he got elected that it will be the end of this and the long-running "In Concert at the Whitehouse" series. What artist is going to want to perform for him? How many Kid Rock and Ted Nugent concerts could they have?

my first day at my first job i got a call from a guy and the call went like this:
me: [my company's name] [my name]
guy: this is Peter Smith
me: good morning Mr. Smith
guy: DOCTOR SMITH. *beep*

he hung up and then complained to my boss about the lack of respect of his employees.
i later found out he was like my bosses boss. how could i've known, he didn't even use Dr. himself. I was 15 and ready to quit lol.

jmood88

It's crazy to me that people are willing to do this for free.

Ogodei

He will run for 2020. He can't not. Obama was a 2 term president. If he isn't that means Obama won. Can't have that.

He's like some sort of storybook fable, a man who is compelled by pride to do things that make him completely miserable, so that victory is harder to obtain than it should be and even when victorious, he is still unhappy.

Top Bottom