• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump won't attend Kennedy Center Awards, Center agrees that is for better of event

Animator

It's a good decision by the president and his council. I think this shows how much respect there is for the Kennedy center and what they do.

I'm sure it pisses some off that this won't be another opportunity to sideline announcements to ask him the same question over and over again to capture a perfect sound bite.

Is this a serious post?

Are you one of those MAGA morons who thinks Trump is "unfairly set up" in every opportunity and would be doing a bang of a job if it wasn't for the librul media trying to undermine him?

No seriously, is this a serious post?

Because I am scared to think of the mental capacity you have if you really think Trump gives a shit about arts or is not going to this event out of "respect".

I am sure Kennedy Center is devastated because they will miss out on Trump brag about himself and promote a hotel/golf course while he is there.

norm9

Trump's monkey paw wish last year has been a real doozy.

charsace

It's a good decision by the president and his council. I think this shows how much respect there is for the Kennedy center and what they do.

I'm sure it pisses some off that this won't be another opportunity to sideline announcements to ask him the same question over and over again to capture a perfect sound bite.
I know you feel like you can't stop supporting Trump because that means you "lose" but this isn't a game. You can accept that Trump is a terrible human being and isn't going because he doesn't want to be hated.

Zips

Unless you've had absolutely terrible luck when meeting people with doctorates, not really.

I've met librarians that told me they wanted to be referred to as 'faculty' and would get offended otherwise when I made the mistake of saying they were support.

People LOVE to cling to things they feel give them some sort of higher prestige or status.

Foundling

Remember when Palin was in a softball interview with Katie Couric, and was asked the totally 100% softball question of what her favorite newspapers and magazines were? And then she fumbled around and couldn't answer the question and looked like an idiot and flipped out later about "gotcha" questions from the media?

This is that. These are not hard questions. Are Nazis bad? "Yes." Are white supremacists bad? "Yes." Why did you imply earlier that they weren't? "I blew it."

Or just issue a statement and get around all this stuff: "Yes, Nazis are bad and white supremacists are bad, I blew it earlier. I don't support them, I don't want their support, even if there had been 'alt-left' people with clubs it wouldn't matter, these are still Nazis and nobody should support that garbage. By the way the economy is great right now, isn't it great? Way better than Obama, a lot of people are saying that. Did I already tell you about my winery in Charlottesville? Tremendous, just tremendous."

Bam, done.

This is probably a hard time for you. It's not easy to admit to ourselves that we made a mistake, let alone one that we committed to as hard as you did to this one. It will come with time, I hope. And when it does, just acknowledge it to yourself and vow to do better next time.

Sou Da

Every other thread I have to ask "why engage with Diablo" question, he's a well known giant coward at this point.

CazTGG

It'd be something else if a Kennedy ends up beating him in 2020, assuming of course that the U.S. still has elections. Is Joe interested in running?

I agree that it is a good decision, but I don't think you understand why he continues to be asked about white supremacy. I also wonder if the true weight of what was said and how that effects a large portion of the population here in the states has been lost on you. If it has not been lost on you, please know that it's okay to criticize someone you once supported.

I, too, would love for them to stop asking him repeated questions, but mainly because I know the first answer is always the answer from the true 45. Whatever dumbfuck, totally offensive, definitely not in my best interest thing that comes out of his mouth is a megaphone from his compromised soul.

Reeks

She and Ivanka ran heavy defense for Donnie after Hollywood Tape surfaced. Also claims to stand against bullying and such happening on and over Internet, unless it's her husband conducting those acts.

Etc.

She is tainted too if you start looking to her during and after Trump 2016 campaign.

Barron and Tiffany most likely are only ones from the Trump family that are clean of this shit.

Y'all are right. I take it back.

Gorger

Remember when Palin was in a softball interview with Katie Couric, and was asked the totally 100% softball question of what her favorite newspapers and magazines were? And then she fumbled around and couldn't answer the question and looked like an idiot and flipped out later about "gotcha" questions from the media?

This is that. These are not hard questions. Are Nazis bad? "Yes." Are white supremacists bad? "Yes." Why did you imply earlier that they weren't? "I blew it."

Or just issue a statement and get around all this stuff: "Yes, Nazis are bad and white supremacists are bad, I blew it earlier. I don't support them, I don't want their support, even if there had been 'alt-left' people with clubs it wouldn't matter, these are still Nazis and nobody should support that garbage. By the way the economy is great right now, isn't it great? Way better than Obama, a lot of people are saying that. Did I already tell you about my winery in Charlottesville? Tremendous, just tremendous."

Bam, done.

This is probably a hard time for you. It's not easy to admit to ourselves that we made a mistake, let alone one that we committed to as hard as you did to this one. It will come with time, I hope. And when it does, just acknowledge it to yourself and vow to do better next time.

Good post. Fair, honest and direct.

I bet diablos just sits there and laughs every time someone responds to him. I dont think for a second that he takes any of this seriously. He just gets his rocks off getting people riled up.

Omadahl

Banned
Honestly, outside of klan rallies, where is he welcome anymore? The boy scouts fiasco proved he can't even handle the most pedestrian events without screwing it up and causing massive backlash. Who would want to deal with the fallout that he will almost assuredly double down on?

Top Bottom