• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Try to predict the name of the “Switch 2”

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
One thing I think that works against it is that “Super Switch” inherently sounds like a device or toy for kids, which makes sense since the “Super Nintendo” was marketed to kids.

But the last 15 years of Nintendo branding have been targeting families and sometimes even older gamers. I just don’t see companies branding their consoles with words like “Super” and “Mega” and “Turbo” anymore. We’re sadly past the ‘tude age.

Eh, you might be right and a few years ago I'd have agreed and thought it wasn't cool enough, but now I think it might have come full circle enough to be back in vogue again - I think it's got a certain retro cool to it that I think people would like in a Stranger-Things-style-throwback-but-modern way.

Either way there's probably as much chance that Nintendo will choose something so godawful it might manage to destroy all the goodwill they've built up. Like last time.

(I don't think this is going to happen, I'm saying it just for fun.)

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Switch 2 is the right choice IMO. But it could be just about anything. They went with Wii for God's sake. We'll get used to anything eventually..

Last edited:

Bernoulli

M2 slut
Swiiutch
GIF by JuventusFC

salva

Like others have said, it needs to be called Super Nintendo Switch and calling it that should be a no brainer ...but it'll be called something ridiculous instead

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Pretty hard to predict without knowing what gimmick they go with. If they embrace portable and docked, maybe they call it the DUO. Switch 2 does seem unlikely, super switch sounds better but risks sounding like just an enhanced switch vs a new platform.

MarkMe2525

Same family device upgrade simply called Switch Pro. They will tie us to 2015 hardware until 2028-2029. You ask why, because it's Nintendo.

Deerock71

Considering, in my humble opinion, the Switch is as revolutionary as the NES was back in the day, the Super Switch seems appropriate.

ZoukGalaxy

I think, and I hope, they have learnt from Wii U big mistakes and probably will call it "Switch 2" to be clear for the uninformed public.

Top Bottom