• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Try to predict the name of the “Switch 2”

Deerock71

Nintendo Switch Positions

Nintendo Reacharound

Wii N U

Nintendo Touch U
Stop It Michael Jordan GIF

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The Nintendo
583pp5xbvy7y.jpg

I agree though - since they're only going to have one device on the market, why give it a name at all?

Moonjt9

Super Switch is the obvious choice but modern consumers are dumb as hell and would likely be confused similar to the Wii U fiasco.

If they stick with the Switch name it will be Switch 2. Nintendo does weird stuff though so I could see them making a new name altogether.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Switch Pro.

It keeps it simple, and opens the door later for Switch Pro 2/3... etc.

Last edited:
I think the name that probably will have a better outcome is Switch 2. Everyone knows what that means, the successor of the previous console that plays the new games. I think last time they used a number for a successor was with the DS -> 3DS and that was wildly successful.

If the new console is iterative as it has been rumored, then calling it Switch 2 makes the most sense.

However, this is Nintendo we are talking about, so my vote goes to The Switch.

Zannegan

Either something super boardroom and straightforward like Nintendo Switch - Generation 2

...or another extremely marketable onomatopoeia like Nintendo Snap

Aces High

Everything else than Switch 2 would surprise me.

We've seen time and again that systems with overly creative names don't do well.

Keep it simple and stupid.

Robb

Gold Member
Super Switch maybe.. I doubt they’ll go with any numbers and just add a “2”, they never do.

New Nintendo Switch or Switch+ might sound too much like an improved model of the current Switch.

Switch Gosu (that's right boys we're bringing back Gosu!)
Switchtika
Project Bowser
Swatch
Nintendo Interactive Handheld Unit or NIHU for short.
Or maybe just call it Gary.

Majukun

you would think after the debacle of the wii U they would drop confusing or unclear nomenclature and stuck a big sequel number on a recognised brand like sony did, so to avoid any confusion that it is a completely new console.

Marvel14

Banned

Switch 2 and Super Switch were the most popular a year ago.

Regginator

Anything else but Switch 2 would be a colossal mistake from Nintendo's part, surely they've learned something from the Wii > Wii U debacle? Or a new name altogether, but to abandon the Switch brand now would seem even more foolish.

For the senior boomers among us, how was the Super NES/SNES received as a name? Did people immediately know it was a successor and not an add-on like some folks thought with the Wii > Wii U?

Deerock71

I've just been struck by lightning. With the new speculation of the 120hz screen...this is going to be the name of the Switch successor:

Switch3D

Last edited:
Top Bottom