• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TSA will now require separate screenings for all electronics larger than a smartphone

Not

Banned
I think a 3DS might slide by if they mistake it for a smartphone. Also, if you remove the Joy-Cons from the Switch you might get lucky.

That rule is not in place but a rumor it may be implemented as far as I am aware.

Just the middle Eastern countries affected at the moment.

Ah, I did not realize it was just a rumour. I thought it had gone into effect already.

This is good news then. I haven't travelled to the US since last fall, but have been doing more international work travel overseas this year.

So I don't need to put my laptop into my checked in bag when travelling from Canada to the US, and can keep it in my carry-on bag as usual?

Lime

Airport security is probably the biggest symptom of how neurotic and irrational societies are or have become.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
What a pain in the ads. When I travel with my DSLR and laptop I'll need 4 or 5 bins.

How? Except for the camera itself, how much electronics are there in camera equipment?

I'm mostly curious, not questioning.

Camera, flashes, light meters, and modern autofocus lenses (depending on the size and if the TSA decides to accurately enforce this) will all need their own bins. And many pro photographers carry multiple cameras, too.

correojon

And even then, they have been lifted from a few of the countries last month.

That rule is not in place but a rumor it may be implemented as far as I am aware.

Just the middle Eastern countries affected at the moment.

Lol. I must have always traveled to the US airports where they were trying this out as I can't remember the last time I wasn't required to pull my laptop out.

That's weird. I fly a few times a year between Europe and the US and always have my laptop with me in the cabin. I just did so less than a week ago.

Ah, I did not realize it was just a rumour. I thought it had gone into effect already.

This is good news then. I haven't travelled to the US since last fall, but have been doing more international work travel overseas this year.

So I don't need to put my laptop into my checked in bag when travelling from Canada to the US, and can keep it in my carry-on bag as usual?

A couple of weeks ago it was in all the news in Spain. The news specifically were that "this new regulation is coming into effect today". I just checked and it seems that they were wrong and in fact it only applies to the new security measures and you can still bring your laptop/console/kindle into the cabin with you. This was in all channels 2 weeks ago, what a bunch of incompetents.

Thanks guys!

Top Bottom