• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twilight Princess (HD?) Icon Discovered in Wii U eShop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revven

What is with people and Motion controls? There's preferring traditional controls, and then there's acting like Motion Controls killed your family.

I immensely dislike the waggling in TP upon replaying it. First time through with it? Fun. Second time? Eh. I'd prefer traditional controls for most everything barring the aiming with the bow and arrow which was probably the only good part about the Wii version of TP.

Logically they would offer both options in a HD release.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
yall know the answer
(its the sd wii version)

You're correct. Bring back those Week 1 prices for $10 and I'll buy it... and then probably never play it. $20 for a Wii game feels fair, but not a "deal". I think the Week 1 sale promotion they did to start was the perfect sweet spot for an impulse buy.

What is with people and Motion controls? There's preferring traditional controls, and then there's acting like Motion Controls killed your family.

I've got no problems with Skyward Sword's motion controls, but Twilight Princess is literally a game designed to be played with a controller with all the button controls mapped to 'waggle' instead. And they're laggy and unresponsive and just generally make the game feel bad to play. You lose the free camera control that the Gamecube version had, and you gain nothing but frustration; it's a bad way to play the game.

RAWi

2330688-0820652777-b9vkk.gif

Believe!!!

It's probably just the Wii version ported.

I CAN'T DEAL WITH THE HYPE!!!!!!

Damn we need a Nintendo Direct! This is too much!

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
When's the next Nintendo Direct?

I can't imagine they'd have a Twilight Princess HD and then "hide it" from us. When they were doing Wind Waker HD, they weren't shy about it. I seriously doubt they would HD remaster a game and then put it only on digital eShop. They'd definitely want to have a physical copy on store shelves of a large scale effort like HD Remixing a game.

So I don't see any reason they'd have something up their sleeve .

sonto340

I've got no problems with Skyward Sword's motion controls, but Twilight Princess is literally a game designed to be played with a controller with all the button controls mapped to 'waggle' instead. And they're laggy and unresponsive and just generally make the game feel bad to play. You lose the free camera control that the Gamecube version had, and you gain nothing but frustration; it's a bad way to play the game.
If by all the buttons you mean B then yeah sure.

When's the next Nintendo Direct?

I can't imagine they'd have a Twilight Princess HD and then "hide it" from us. When they were doing Wind Waker HD, they weren't shy about it. I seriously doubt they would HD remaster a game and then put it only on digital eShop. They'd definitely want to have a physical copy on store shelves of a large scale effort like HD Remixing a game.

So I don't see any reason they'd have something up their sleeve .

There is no ND announced and I doubt we will see one soon.

Wasn't the icon one of thode who are just for disc releases? Why should they upload a disc icon without announcing a game? Seems all a little bit fishy and I doubt we will ever hear of this again.

Proof me wrong Nintendo!!

Edit: Will be a suprise Wii Re-Release at best. Especially as they said that the game icon is the same as the Wii Disc one and not a new one like for Wind Waker HD.

I really hope it's a remake. WWHD was amazing after all, and TP could look spectacular on the Wii U.
Just leave out the motion controls plz

It is. Obviously there's no reason to trust me, but it's an HD remake from what I've been told. I've also been told nothing more beyond that, so I have no idea what's up with controls, etc.

EDIT: I didn't ask additional questions because I don't like TP, but since someone found the info, I figured I'd chime in.

Richie

A Twilight Princess HD remake I could totally believe in (I'm actually much more surprised Wind Waker has been the only one, considering the effort it took versus the sales it delivered, all in the face of a drought-heavy schedule) but eeeh, when would they release such a thing?

Early next year? With Zelda U presumably coming at the year's end, so, two console Zeldas within months of each other? If, on the other hand, this is a surprise release for the holidays, why wouldn't they have given it a mention back at E3?

I'm leaning toward GCN/Wii port for the Wii U eShop.

Pokemaniac

I can tell you with a decent level of certainty that it is not simply the Wii or GameCube version being put on the eShop. The icon for that would be just the game's title screen plus a banner with the platform name (or potentially "Virtual Console" if it's the GameCube version)

It is. Obviously there's no reason to trust me, but it's an HD remake from what I've been told. I've also been told nothing more beyond that, so I have no idea what's up with controls, etc.

I can tell you with a decent level of certainty that it is not simply the Wii or GameCube version being put on the eShop. The icon for that would be just the game's title screen plus a banner with the platform name (or potentially "Virtual Console" if it's the GameCube version)

Hm, well hopefully that pans out. I wonder if it's going to be some kind of surprise release or something. Maybe in the next Direct?

Revven

EDIT: I didn't ask additional questions because I don't like TP, but since someone found the info, I figured I'd chime in.

Wow. Now you're making me exciteeddddddd. Hope we see it!

Jawmuncher

A Twilight Princess HD remake I could totally believe in (I'm actually much more surprised Wind Waker has been the only one, considering the effort it took versus the sales it delivered, all in the face of a drought-heavy schedule) but eeeh, when would they release such a thing?

Early next year? With Zelda U presumably coming at the year's end, so, two console Zeldas within months of each other? If, on the other hand, this is a surprise release for the holidays, why wouldn't they have given it a mention back at E3?

I'm leaning toward GCN/Wii port for the Wii U eShop.

Very doubtful it would be a surprise release. Unless it's a rerelease of the Wii game.

However a early 2016 title and then the new game later in the year would make sense.
Especially considering it's the 30th anniversary of zelda, and nintendo cares about zelda.

Twilight Princess is tied with Skyward Sword as my least favorite 3D Zelda, but it's still a great game in its own right so I'd buy a HD 'remake' if this is really what it's going to be. The game's really slow intro and kinda 'muddy' look would be the main areas I'd want them to fix; unlike Wind Waker it never really felt light on dungeon content.

If it's just a Wii VC title however there's not much appeal since I already own it.

Guys, if it IS an HD remake, OF COURSE it won't have motion controls. Nintendo wouldn't require everyone to have a Wii Remote for something like this--heck, they'll probably redesign the UI to work best with the Gamepad ala Wind Waker HD.

Stop worrying about whether it will have motion controls and start worrying about whether it's an actual remake or not :p

BY2K

Membero Americo

The plot thickens. A little.

I don't even like this game, but fuck it.

!!!!!

It's most likely just a Wii VC release. Now, the real question is when they're gonna bring over the Wii verson of Chibi-Robo that was only in Japan to the Wii U VC?

The plot thickens. A little.

If I had more info, I'd happily share it. But like I said, I don't even like Twilight Princess so I didn't bother asking any additional questions lol
It's most likely just a Wii VC release. Now, the real question is when they're gonna bring over the Wii verson of Chibi-Robo that was only in Japan to the Wii U VC?

Just go back in time and have Chibi Robo sell like hotcakes, then you'll get what you want.

With the eShop title ID having HD in the title, it would seem that's what it is, a remake. Unless Nintendo is trolling then it's probably legit. At first I assumed a port too, but having a title ID that blatantly says "HD" in the title... well, is quite the evidence to the contrary.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
If this actually was a full on HD version of the game, I'd be fucking stoked. I really liked Twilight Princess, both times through, but the image quality is pretty poor. Even in the GC version of the game. It'd benefit immensely from being spruced up a bit for the Wii U.

But again... c'mon. It ain't happening. Too good to be true.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Aside from the horrible textures TP has I hope they orchestrate more music. The original had some amazing scores undone by shitty synth music. If they do make this an HD remake I hope they take this into consideration.

It was a fantastic game. Okay, it had a horrible like first hour with bozo villager Link. After that, it was absolutely fantastic and epic.

I can understand not liking the pacing at the beginning. I can even understand maybe thinking it looks too drab when it comes to colors, and the textures certainly left a lot to be desired. But I felt that the art and colors complimented the atmosphere and tone of the story, so I never thought it was dull or anything. And it has some of the best dungeons and bosses in the series. It's easily in my top Zelda games along with Skyward and Link to the Past.

Arkeband

Banned

you should message a mod to vouch for you, otherwise receiiiiiiiipts!

edit: I just remembered there's a Zelda symphony on Colbert tomorrow night. ANNOUNCEMENT INCOMING?!

If this actually was a full on HD version of the game, I'd be fucking stoked. I really liked Twilight Princess, both times through, but the image quality is pretty poor. Even in the GC version of the game. It'd benefit immensely from being spruced up a bit for the Wii U.

But again... c'mon. It ain't happening. Too good to be true.
chac why you doubt me bro :(
They needed to cut out like 3-4 hours from the first third of the game...

Last third of SS, too.

They're making these games too long

but they're doing it for da fanz

Man, I loved Twilight Princess. I didn't even mind the biggest complaints people had on the game, the Tear searching and the introduction. It was also the first Zelda game I didn't feel like a total wuss when it came to ReDeads. I remember my mom getting me the Wii version. I was so excited to finally play a game I felt like I waited ages for. I'm really not in a position to buy games since I barely have time to play the games I do have as it is. But damn, if it looks like the demo we saw years ago, it'll be hard to say no.

BY2K

Membero Americo
If it's an HD Remake I hope it has Wii Remote pointer controls from Twilight Princess, not Skyward Sword. SUPERIOR controls

I don't think they would go far as change the controls like that, the game wasn't made with motion controls in mind.

Twilight Princess has incredible dungeons. Like, best in the series dungeons. Or at least it does in my head. I haven't played it since 2006 to be honest.

Morts

Twist: It's for the New 3DS!

It would be interesting to see Nintendo revisit Twilight Princess, especially knowing that they tries to fix up the Triforce hunt in Wind Waker HD. TP has some of the best dungeons in the franchise, but the first few hours are roughh.

NateDrake

If the visuals match that E3 demo I'll be pleased. I can see an early 2016 release, like Majora's Mask 3D, and then Zelda U following during the holidays. Basically an exact release schedule as MM3D and Tri Force Heroes.

B4s5C

Very doubtful it would be a surprise release. Unless it's a rerelease of the Wii game.

However a early 2016 title and then the new game later in the year would make sense.
Especially considering it's the 30th anniversary of zelda, and nintendo cares about zelda.

The reasonable part of me thinks that you are most likely right but the insane irrational part of me says surprise release on the eShop then a few weeks later physical copies will be released. I can't remember but if I recall Wind Waker HD was playable early as a download on the eShop and Nintendo said it didn't take so long to port it and add new stuff to it.

balgajo

Though I would prefer it to be a next gen remaster I wouldn't be sad with it. Please Nintendo if it's a thing forget about the mirror version or at least give us options.

I don't think they would go far as change the controls like that, the game wasn't made with motion controls in mind.

It's possible that they put in both control styles, flipping the map depending on which controls you use.

...typing that out makes it sound really stupid.

KingBroly

Banned
chac why you doubt me bro :(

but they're doing it for da fanz

They need to get their pacing better. Doing the exact same thing 8 times in each place is just nauseating.

I want mah superior Pointer Controls!

Also,, if this is a thing, they REALLY should've announced it when Zelda U was delayed

Revven

The reasonable part of me thinks that you are most likely right but the insane irrational part of me says surprise release on the eShop then a few weeks later physical copies will be released. I can't remember but if I recall Wind Waker HD was playable early as a download on the eShop and Nintendo said it didn't take so long to port it and add new stuff to it.

You are right, they put up WWHD on the eShop two weeks before its actual release date. It was like Sept. 20 and the actual release date was like Oct. 3rd or something like that. It was and still is the only game to be released on the eShop first but I think that was due in large part to the availability of the Wii U bundle (which was out before the game was iirc).

But hell if they did it again with TPHD I'd probably buy it digitally to have it early. :p

Man, I loved Twilight Princess. I didn't even mind the biggest complaints people had on the game, the Tear searching and the introduction.

People do this with... well I'd say Zelda games but it's most things. It's not that the criticism has no validity, it's more like... is it really that big of a deal? The "tear collecting" was happening while you're exploring very atmospheric environments near the beginning before you have complete access to the overworld, so I had no problem with it -- especially as it didn't take that much time to do, like the tadtones in Skyward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom