• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twilight Princess HD officially announced.

maxcriden

Sorry for the bump, but it looks like we should be getting a bit more info in this weeks Famitsu. If anything, new art and a few new screenshots. I hope they finally mention what the amiibo will do for this game, but that might come in a Direct before release.

You can see tiny versions of two of the pages on Famitsu's site but it's really hard ot make much out.

No partial nudity? Odd. I wonder if they've changed the great fairy.

If anything I think the Great Fairy in OOT needed a change a lot more than the one in this game. This one didn't seem as sexualized, more like an odd "artsy" watercolor or something. I'm not a fan of either design but the OOT esp. with its 1950s cone bra looks especially cringe-y.

ETA: they might have to change Ooccoo too then.

bwahahah

Kinsei

Banned
They replaced her with Tingle in order to excuse his absence in the original game.

Tingle taking up the role of the
siren that lures men to their doom in the Cave of Ordeals, and decides to trap them there if they manage to succeed?
I'm okay with this.

You can see tiny versions of two of the pages on Famitsu's site but it's really hard ot make much out.

If anything I think the Great Fairy in OOT needed a change a lot more than the one in this game. This one didn't seem as sexualized, more like an odd "artsy" watercolor or something. I'm not a fan of either design but the OOT esp. with its 1950s cone bra looks especially cringe-y.

ETA: they might have to change Ooccoo too then.

bwahahah

This Great Fairy is topless with nothing but hair covering her breasts. I don't think it needs to or should be changed, I'm just speculating as that would most definitely ensure a partial nudity descriptor from the ESRB.

maxcriden

This Great Fairy is topless with nothing but hair covering her breasts. I don't think it needs to or should be changed, I'm just speculating as that would most definitely ensure a partial nudity descriptor from the ESRB.

No, I know. I'm saying despite the partial nudity, this one looks less sexualized to me in its design.

AdanVC

Looking forward to get new info and stuff because what we've seen so far looks meh. In terms of graphic updates at least.

jmizzal

Will there be a release of this game without the amiibo? I don't understand why Nintendo would make it so hard for people to be able to buy a Zelda game. I see so many games and cool things come out for the Wii U and 3DS and nobody can buy the stuff because there is like 10 copies made.

What kind of business strategy is Nintendo working off of?

P.S: I have a copy preordered but I feel like I shouldn't have to quickly preorder Nintendo products in order to actually buy them.

NOA is so cheap

But you can get the amiibo by it self, I would assume they will also have the game by it self too

Moze

Banned
Wouldn't be surprised if this gets delayed to Summer 2016 and Zelda Wii U/NX gets pushed to q1 2017.

I would be extremely surprised if this gets delayed. They were so upfront about the exact release date from the very beginning.

A 2017 Zelda Wii U delay would not surprise me though.

jmizzal

Wouldn't be surprised if this gets delayed to Summer 2016 and Zelda Wii U/NX gets pushed to q1 2017.

Not gonna happen, its the Zelda 30th anniversary

This game is most likely done and just getting fine tuned, even if Zelda NX is 2017, the WiiU version will def come this year

Lol I dont get why people still think Zelda U will get delayed again, it already had a year delay when they was sure it would come out last year, a full extra year in development, its not getting delayed again

jmizzal

Fair enough. I just figured we may have seen a bit more of it by now, less than 2 months away. Unless they're saving it for a Feb. Direct sort of thing.

The game is already out on Wii and GC lol, all they need to show us is graphics upgrade and gamepad features, not like this is a new Zelda game, how many times has Nintendo waited until the last min to show off a game

Plus the Famisu article is 4 pages long, we should learn a lot tomorrow
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201601/12097087.html

This post surprised me, although I always said to myself I shouldn't be surprised anymore by the lack of logic.

Guess I shouldn't be surprised by people being smug pricks for no reason.

We really haven't seen much of TP HD and it's very close to release, is it really all that "illogical" to entertain the possibility of a delay? And Zelda Wii U? Does no one here remember how insistent people were about, "they said 2015 means it's coming 2015!" It's always possible is all I'm saying. I'd love to be wrong!

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
TP HD was announced in November to be launched within 4 months. So it's more or less ready. A remaster to be delayed by 3-4 months is crazy, there's nothing to justify this, they are not rebuilding the game.

This year is the 30th anniversary of Zelda, so the main new Zelda game will launch this year no matter what. It had more than enough delay anyhow.

So yes, saying that you wouldn't be surprised by such delay is illogical. If any of those happen would be highly surprising.

maxcriden

Not gonna happen, its the Zelda 30th anniversary

This game is most likely done and just getting fine tuned, even if Zelda NX is 2017, the WiiU version will def come this year

Lol I dont get why people still think Zelda U will get delayed again, it already had a year delay when they was sure it would come out last year, a full extra year in development, its not getting delayed again

I think Zelda NX will launch at or around the same time as the Wii U version. Big potential market there, Wii U has a low install base, and you don't want consumers saying "eh I could get NX but if I get a cheap Wii U I can play the new Zelda." So, similar to the Twilight Princess situation.

Richie

We really haven't seen much of TP HD and it's very close to release, is it really all that "illogical" to entertain the possibility of a delay?

It does have logic to it, which is exactly why you shouldn't rely on it when predicting Nintendo's modus operandi. Smash Wii U didn't even have a release date less than two months before it was out. Majora's Mask 3DS is another precedent.

killroy87

I think Zelda NX will launch at or around the same time as the Wii U version. Big potential market there, Wii U has a low install base, and you don't want consumers saying "eh I could get NX but if I get a cheap Wii U I can play the new Zelda." So, similar to the Twilight Princess situation.

They'll launch the same day, this is 100% a TP situation. Nintendo probably has incredibly low sales projections for the Wii U version, they're only putting it out because they promised they would. They fully expect (and want) people to upgrade to NX and buy that.

Assuming NX launches this fall, I will be 100% genuinely flabbergasted if Zelda doesn't launch with it.

jariw

We really haven't seen much of TP HD and it's very close to release, is it really all that "illogical" to entertain the possibility of a delay? And Zelda Wii U? Does no one here remember how insistent people were about, "they said 2015 means it's coming 2015!" It's always possible is all I'm saying. I'd love to be wrong!

There's a big difference between "will appear in 2015" and "will be released on March 04, 2016". There have also been quite a few Wii U games now that got a fairly small marketing boost window prior to release, so if this happens to Twilight Princess HD as well, it isn't surprising.

I believe the marketing campaign for it will gradually start with the Famitsu coverage tomorrow.

Tookay

They'll launch the same day, this is 100% a TP situation. Nintendo probably has incredibly low sales projections for the Wii U version, they're only putting it out because they promised they would. They fully expect (and want) people to upgrade to NX and buy that.

Assuming NX launches this fall, I will be 100% genuinely flabbergasted if Zelda doesn't launch with it.

Didn't the Gamecube version of TP release later than the Wii version?

Guess I shouldn't be surprised by people being smug pricks for no reason.

The model here is Majora's Mask 3D. They had a late November/December Nintendo Direct where they announced it, then were quiet about it for a month, then started to talk about it again in January.

It's not going to be delayed.

The model here is Majora's Mask 3D. They had a late November/December Nintendo Direct where they announced it, then were quiet about it for a month, then started to talk about it again in January.

It's not going to be delayed.

I kinda wish this was the model for all games.

jmizzal

I agree, I think Zelda NX will come out before WiiU Zelda this Fall, but there is no way the next main Zelda wont come out this year even if Nintendo just has to put out Zelda WiiU if the NX is just not ready to come out this Fall

Nintendo could just do what its contemporaries do. Release Zelda U this year, then next year when the NX launches release a "Definitive Edition" with a slightly improved framerate.

I hope there's an explanation on the lack of dynamic lighting from Wind Waker HD for this game, that's my only issue with the graphical update.

26aJEJFA.png

quabba

I was happy to buy a Wii and tp at launch and I'd probably be happy to buy an nx with zelda at launch but in retrospect we got screwed over with the GC version being the better game (for me personally at least). I really hope that doesn't happen again.

PtM

Banned
I thought Tingle was the guy running the game in town where you have to use your clawshot to get around inside a cage or something.
Only in spirit.
I was happy to buy a Wii and tp at launch and I'd probably be happy to buy an nx with zelda at launch but in retrospect we got screwed over with the GC version being the better game (for me personally at least). I really hope that doesn't happen again.
No worries, you'll be able to one day download the 4k port of the superior Zelda U.

jmizzal

The only way that will happen if the NX version doesn't have touch pad quick invontory and map on the gamepad

Now hopefully NX is backwards compatible with the gamepad and also has a gamepad 2.0 you can buy on its on that works with the NX console, and your also able to use the NX handheld as a controller

I hope there's an explanation on the lack of dynamic lighting from Wind Waker HD for this game, that's my only issue with the graphical update.

We will see hopefully that is what they are adding now

Top Bottom