• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twilight Princess HD officially announced.

Shiggy

I know that I mean the actual boxart

why can I pre-order from the amazon uk to ireland, that must be a glitch

Based on the outer packaging, there's only one version in Europe. So the boxart of the disc case is probably also going to be multilingual. That's what they usually do if there's just one version.

Check The Last Story for example:
Normal edition: http://gamefiles.alphacoders.com/boxart/original/back/9397-1.jpg
Limited edition (only one version for the entire continent): http://www.mobygames.com/images/covers/l/238840-the-last-story-limited-edition-wii-other.jpg

I mean an upgrade is nice all but isn't this everyones least Zelda favorite game?
Haha, no. The OT was glowing from people who loved it, myself included and I still love it to this day. It also won GAF's GOTY in 2006, not to mention the success it had on nearly every level.

maxcriden

ESRB (via GameIdealist and GoNintendo):

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD
Platform: Wii U
Rating Category: Teen
Content Descriptors: Animated Blood, Fantasy Violence

Rating Summary: This is an action-adventure game in which players assume the role of Link, a young hero who must save a fantasy kingdom by defeating an evil villain. From a third-person perspective, players explore caves/dungeons, solve puzzles, and use swords, arrows, bombs, and magic to defeat enemy creatures (e.g., skeletons, spiders, dragons, plant creatures). Some sequences allow players to use ranged weapons/abilities from a first-person perspective; one section allows players to engage in a one-on-one sword-fight with a boss character. Cutscenes occasionally depict characters impaled by swords or shot with arrows; one boss creature emits small puffs of purple fluid when stabbed.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

Rating Summary: This is an action-adventure game in which players assume the role of Link, a young hero who must save a fantasy kingdom by defeating an evil villain. From a third-person perspective, players explore caves/dungeons, solve puzzles, and use swords, arrows, bombs, and magic to defeat enemy creatures (e.g., skeletons, spiders, dragons, plant creatures). Some sequences allow players to use ranged weapons/abilities from a first-person perspective; one section allows players to engage in a one-on-one sword-fight with a boss character. Cutscenes occasionally depict characters impaled by swords or shot with arrows; one boss creature emits small puffs of purple fluid when stabbed.
I'm pretty sure OG TP was rated T aswell

Grylvak

Sorry for the bump, but it looks like we should be getting a bit more info in this weeks Famitsu. If anything, new art and a few new screenshots. I hope they finally mention what the amiibo will do for this game, but that might come in a Direct before release.

PooBone

Sorry for the bump, but it looks like we should be getting a bit more info in this weeks Famitsu. If anything, new art and a few new screenshots. I hope they finally mention what the amiibo will do for this game, but that might come in a Direct before release.

Nice. Mostly interested in control schemes before I decide to buy or not.

Kinsei

Banned

No partial nudity? Odd. I wonder if they've changed the great fairy.

Kevin

Will there be a release of this game without the amiibo? I don't understand why Nintendo would make it so hard for people to be able to buy a Zelda game. I see so many games and cool things come out for the Wii U and 3DS and nobody can buy the stuff because there is like 10 copies made.

What kind of business strategy is Nintendo working off of?

P.S: I have a copy preordered but I feel like I shouldn't have to quickly preorder Nintendo products in order to actually buy them.

Will there be a release of this game without the amiibo? I don't understand why Nintendo would make it so hard for people to be able to buy a Zelda game. I see so many games and cool things come out for the Wii U and 3DS and nobody can buy the stuff because there is like 10 copies made.

What kind of business strategy is Nintendo working off of?

P.S: I have a copy preordered but I feel like I shouldn't have to quickly preorder Nintendo products in order to actually buy them.

Of course there will be a standalone copy. Maybe it won't go up for preorder until closer to launch, but I wouldn't expect it to be difficult to find. The amiibo edition sells out fast because it's limited.

Top Bottom