• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twilight Princess HD officially announced.

Grylvak

I hope there's an explanation on the lack of dynamic lighting from Wind Waker HD for this game, that's my only issue with the graphical update.

Let's hope that what we saw in the November '15 Direct was an early build before the Dynamic Lighting was implemented.

I don't think that is going to be the case. :(

jariw

European box art:
dJWaoqT.jpg

http://gonintendo.com/stories/250050-the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess-hd-european-box-art
http://nintendoeverything.com/european-zelda-twilight-princess-hd-boxart/

PetrCobra

I never liked TP's boxart because of the sharp diagonal distinction between the two halves. Would be much better if they blended it somehow IMO.

That's why I like the new NA version better.

papo

I'm sure it's been discussed before, but what are the chances of Nintendo releasing 2 Zelda games the same year? Let alone one along a brand new console?

wrowa

I'm sure it's been discussed before, but what are the chances of Nintendo releasing 2 Zelda games the same year? Let alone one along a brand new console?

Nothing that wouldn't have happened before. 2011 they released both OoT 3D and Skyward Sword.

mrmickfran

It's happened quite a few times already:

2011: Ocarina of Time 3D & Skyward Sword

2013: Wind Waker HD & A Link Between Worlds

2015: Majora's Mask 3D & Triforce Heroes

And now:

2016 Twilight Princess HD & Zelda U

I am so excited about being able to finally play this game. I actually tried a couple years ago on the Wii and I normally don't say this but the visuals were so bad it actually soured me on the whole experience.

cyba89

I like the old Wii boxart a lot more. The new ones all spoil the biggest story beats of the game
Ganondorf, Midna princess form
and are way too busy.

Volotaire

What on earth were they thinking with the EU cover? It has butchered the original art.

I like the old Wii boxart a lot more. The new ones all spoil the biggest story beats of the game
and are way too busy.

I don't like this aspect either. No matter what some people think about the TP story or Zelda storylines, it was a poor decision.

Dice//

Banned
and are way too busy.

The game's almost 10 years old, I think most people know Ganondorf makes a return at the 11th hour for obligatory final showdown. Even if not, is it really that big a spoiler?

The Midna thing too was on a piece of promotional art, that's definitely the bigger 'wtf', but...well....they did indeed show it off. If people are that in the dark about the game they're playing, they might not immediately make the connection that they're the same.

god I am just going to disappear into this game for a few days

cannot fucking wait to play through this again, especially after the phenomenal experience that WWHD was.

ramparter

Banned
This year we will get three Zelda games if you count hyrule legends.
It's not even in the title.

But maybe we get a 2D game remake. Imagine original Zelda in LBW engine.

edit: The NA box is way better, the EU one is the original but made worse with all these added faces. And wtf Midna posing like that. Bad bad bad.

Revven

Have they finally talked about any gameplay changes details for this one?

No, we probably won't hear any new gameplay details or what amiibo do until the next Nintendo Direct.

Though, maybe the Famitsu stuff has some new details... maybe.

Edit: Nooope, Famitsu revealed nothing lol. As I kind of expected tbh.

samn

cyba89

The game's almost 10 years old,

I always find this a poor excuse for being open with spoilers. There are always new people growing up who where too young back then and it would be cool if they don't get spoiled by the official boxart.

I think most people know Ganondorf makes a return at the 11th hour for obligatory final showdown. Even if not, is it really that big a spoiler?

The damage in this case is probably not that big considering this design also appeared in two Smash games, but it's still a bad decision. When you solely look at the games narrative it's meant to be a surprise.

Revven

http://nintendoeverything.com/scans...-story-of-seasons-zelda-twilight-princess-hd/

Not sold on this unless there are some changes outside of control scheme and HD.

They've already implied there will be gameplay changes in the previous Direct. Just because they haven't specifically outlined them doesn't mean they aren't there. They did this the exact same way as they did with MM3D and WWHD -- initial reveal implies there will be gameplay changes, will talk about them at a later date (closer to release).

It's happened quite a few times already:

2011: Ocarina of Time 3D & Skyward Sword

2013: Wind Waker HD & A Link Between Worlds

2015: Majora's Mask 3D & Triforce Heroes

And now:

2016 Twilight Princess HD & Zelda U

But all the other examples you give are 1 handheld and 1 console release. Then again TP is a remake so who knows, I have my doubts though

maxcriden

Last playthrough of TP we gave up around Lake Hylia. I think right before the temple there. What percentage is that into the game? 25%?

Am I going to finally be able to play this game without motion controls? Never got to play the GC version. I'm particularly excited about standard control options (along with other things of course!) and I feel like I may enjoy the game more without waggle.

maxcriden

Around that, yes.

I like Lakebed Temple, one of the better Water Temples in the series I think.

Sounds good. Thanks for the info! I don't remember my original 06-07 playthrough in great detail. The consensus seems to be the game picks up considerably around that point from what I've seen online, though, when people talk about the game.

Top Bottom