• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 Premieres May 21 - 2 Hour Premiere

Status
Not open for further replies.

PolishQ

Like I don't even know why all started dancing but it was like a totally different show I was watching. The only thing that saddens me is, half the cast has to be dead no? I didn't finish the series so I don't know if the other FBI agent lives but I know the actor that plays him was one of the first celebrity deaths of 2017.

Netflix doesn't show the log lady intros (apparently that's a thing) are they canon?

The Log Lady intros were written by Lynch, so they're legit but very cryptic.

Actors who passed away long before the new series was announced:
Jack Nance (Pete Martell)
Don Davis (Major Briggs)
Frank Silva (BOB)

Actors who passed away recently but shot scenes for the new series before their death:
Catherine Coulson (The Log Lady)
Miguel Ferrer (Albert Rosenfield)

David Bowie, who was in FWWM, supposedly was in talks to make an appearance in the new series but passed away before his scenes could be shot. I'm still holding out hope that they worked something out and are keeping it for a surprise.

Kyonashi

David Bowie, who was in FWWM, supposedly was in talks to make an appearance in the new series but passed away before his scenes could be shot. I'm still holding out hope that they worked something out and are keeping it for a surprise.

This hurts so much.

Actors who passed away recently but shot scenes for the new series before their death:

I had no clue Albert's actor passed away. Albert is an amazing part of the feel of TP. RIP to Miguel and love to his family and friends

Futureman

Just started an online chat with Comcast.

Right now I have $44.99/month for 25 mbps internet.

I asked if there were any deals.

They upgraded me to...

$39.99/month 1 year no contract
Free HBO
Free Showtime for 6 months
250 mbps internet
10+ Channel Basic Cable (no TV box rental fee)
no modem rental fee as I already have a cable modem

Comcast always gets shit online but I've never really had a problem with their service and they seemed to have just hooked me up. $5 cheaper per month and faster internet plus free HBO/Showtime.

I wonder if episode 18 airing on September 3rd is accurate? If so I may just need to pay for 1 month of Showtime.

RIP Warren Frost
Warren Frost, who played Will “Doc” Hayward on the original and upcoming versions of Twin Peaks and George Costanza’s cabin-cherishing almost-father-in-law on Seinfeld during a half-century acting career, died today in Middlebury, VT, after a long illness. He was 91. The news was reported by his son, Twin Peaks co-creator Mark Frost.

Ok I'm steadily pushing a long with season 2, show gets weird after the main plot is resolved. I want to watch Fire Walk With me but Bob freaks me the fuck out, he is the stuff of nightmares. Scariest thing I think I ever seen in tv history is the end of the first episode of season 2, fuck that creepy shit lol.

My man Hawk stay doing all the police work.

Tricky Dick Treymayne not knowing how to change a tire had me rolling.

David Duchovny shocked the hell out of me.

Nadine is wacked but in a good way, Big Ed got his hands full.

My parting words?

"New shoes"

Ok I'm steadily pushing a long with season 2, show gets weird after the main plot is resolved. I want to watch Fire Walk With me but Bob freaks me the fuck out, he is the stuff of nightmares. Scariest thing I think I ever seen in tv history is the end of the first episode of season 2, fuck that creepy shit lol.

Yeah, about Fire Walk With Me...

...you will not survive.

sinxtanx

Just finish watching both seasons for the first time moments and that finale was just 0_0

imagine waiting 25 years

I've been waiting about 10 years and the S3 announcement was unbelievable
a "pinch me harder" kind of unbelievable

it's STILL happening I'm NOT dreaming

From that synopsis, I'm taking it that the entire season is about Cooper trying to escape the Black Lodge.

daughter-local-live-wire-hotel-owner-Benjamin-Horne.gif

This scene was my introduction to Twin Peaks and it set the tone for the entire series.

imagine waiting 25 years

I've been waiting about 10 years and the S3 announcement was unbelievable
a "pinch me harder" kind of unbelievable

it's STILL happening I'm NOT dreaming
I wish I had to imagine waiting 25 years.

Anyone in here going to the Twin Peaks Fest this year? My wife and I will be going for, I think the 11th time.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Just started an online chat with Comcast.

Right now I have $44.99/month for 25 mbps internet.

I asked if there were any deals.

They upgraded me to...

$39.99/month 1 year no contract
Free HBO
Free Showtime for 6 months
250 mbps internet
10+ Channel Basic Cable (no TV box rental fee)
no modem rental fee as I already have a cable modem

Comcast always gets shit online but I've never really had a problem with their service and they seemed to have just hooked me up. $5 cheaper per month and faster internet plus free HBO/Showtime.

I wonder if episode 18 airing on September 3rd is accurate? If so I may just need to pay for 1 month of Showtime.

You have just discovered the Comcast trick. This is what people think when they get a deal like this. Enjoy when the deals end and the prices go up by a whole lot and it becomes difficult to cancel. I have been there friend.

A_0aIRvCAAAy1Mj.jpg

fucking crazy
It's really sad what happened to Michael J Anderson. I'd have loved if they brought him back and reshot the scenes with old Coop and older Laura. Even if they were just an extra it would have been really amazing to have that.

GreenMachine

Neo Member
Is the shit acting intentional?

i think most that enjoy the show would say that the acting achieves its intentional effect, with a few exceptions (fucking James)
i can personally understand why you'd consider it 'shit' but if you're only a few eps in give it a little more time to marinate

edit: i see you've actually finished the show so my comment was mostly pointless. but i think the simple answer is that yes, the acting is intentionally a certain way that you might perceive to be 'shit'

i think most that enjoy the show would say that the acting achieves its intentional effect, with a few exceptions (fucking James)
i can personally understand why you'd consider it 'shitty' but if you're only a few eps in give it a little more time to marinate
James is meant to be a wet puppy dog. He does just fine.

HoJu

Just wanted to say that fans of Twin Peaks should check out The Young Pope. If you prefer shows for their dreamlike, surreal atmosphere rather than narrative coherence, watch The Young Pope.
The Young Pope.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member

Oh wow, I didn't know he was Mark Frost's father! I'm glad he could work on the new season before he passed. Hope it was peaceful.

As much as I'm looking forward to really out-there scenes (whether horrific or comedic), I hope we get quiet and profound moments like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjeCNnbVYAQ

Still one of my fave scenes of the series. Got a tear out of me when I first watched it.

It pains me that just after a few days that this list has to be updated :(

On David Bowie, I hope that they got him for a short scene at least. But I feel like we'll get at most something like a phone call from Bowie's character.

GreenMachine

Neo Member
On David Bowie, I hope that they got him for a short scene at least. But I feel like we'll get at most something like a phone call from Bowie's character.

as great as that would be, i'd say the chances of that are practically zero :(

I keep meaning to check it out.

i know you quoted me on accident but i actually totally agree it deserves a lil more attention. not sure i'd necessarily compare it to Twin Peaks, but if you're reading this thread it's hard to imagine you disliking it.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
i know you quoted me on accident but i actually totally agree it deserves a lil more attention. not sure i'd necessarily compare it to Twin Peaks, but if you're reading this thread it's hard to imagine you disliking it.

Cool, ill definitely give it a go. I bet I will like it.

For those attending, Showtime is having a music and merch event at SXSW for TP with Kyle being there:

http://showtimeallaccess.tumblr.com...-so-thrilled-to-bring-the-world-of-twin-peaks

We’re so thrilled to bring the world of TWIN PEAKS to the South by Southwest (SXSW) Conference and Festivals on Thursday, March 16 and Friday, March 17. We’ll have an immersive experience at The Showtime House at Clive Bar on Rainey Street in Austin, Texas. Golden Globe winner and Emmy Award-nominated TWIN PEAKS star Kyle MacLachlan will make a special appearance on Thursday night at The Showtime House.

SHOWTIME will also host a special two-day musical lineup with afternoon and evening sessions, featuring music inspired by TWIN PEAKS. Performers will include Neko Case, Real Estate, M. Ward, Agnes Obel, Holly Macve, Julie Byrne, Alex Cameron, Aldous Harding, Alexandra Savior, Cameron Avery and Annie Hart (of Au Revoir Simone), Tim Darcy, L.A. Salami and Let’s Eat Grandma. For more information and updates on the musical acts at The Showtime House on Thursday and Friday, visit: http://culturecollide.com/twinpeaks.

SXSW badge holders will be transported into an immersive TWIN PEAKS experience at The Showtime House, with themed cocktails, premium merchandise and a photo booth at the TWIN PEAKS lodge. Adjacent to Clive Bar on Rainey Street, we’re giving fans the opportunity to stop by the Double R Diner pop-up shop, offering a limited quantity of local Austin treats including free High Brew Coffee and Tiny Pies cherry pie. The Double R Diner will open its doors at noon on Thursday, March 16. Additionally, Voodoo Doughnut is creating a limited collection of TWIN PEAKS-inspired doughnuts. The complimentary creations will be distributed each day at the Voodoo Doughnut shop on 6th Street from 10 a.m. to 12 noon and 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., as well as the Double R Diner from 12 noon to 1 p.m. For additional details on SHOWTIME at SXSW, go to: http://s.sho.com/2lMtncf.

Anyone interested in doing a rewatch thread closer to release?

I'd be game, I'm currently on my third viewing of the series but I'm on episode 15 and am having a hard time finishing. I did this on my second viewing as well. Just knowing what's ahead for next stretch of episodes doesn't motivate me at all to keep watching despite how amazing the finale is. Maybe a gaf thread could get me through it.

Pennywise

Is the shit acting intentional?
Partly yes, but you also got alot of unexperienced actors that had their first major role.
Combine that with a series that has so many roles and you got your answer.

I know, can't believe they let the series die back in the day. How could people go on with their lives after that

Imagine people being spoiled early on.
The rivalry between two channels in Germany led to something rather nasty.
RTL which showed Twin Peaks had their rivalry with Sat.1, and those cunts spoiled the murderer of Laura Palmer via Teletext.
Ratings dropped pretty heavily and RTL pulled the plug and it was moved to another channel later on.

AoM

I'd be game, I'm currently on my third viewing of the series but I'm on episode 15 and am having a hard time finishing. I did this on my second viewing as well. Just knowing what's ahead for next stretch of episodes doesn't motivate me at all to keep watching despite how amazing the finale is. Maybe a gaf thread could get me through it.

In that weakest stretch (18-24), I always skip James' scenes and sometimes Ben's. Definitely helps.

Flipyap

That's pretty damn good. Hoping that a trailer isn't to far off now.
I wouldn't count on it. At this rate, we might get a trailer after the show has already aired.

“You’ll see film pieces come out, but they may not be a traditional trailer,” [Showtime president David Nevins] explained, “And they definitely won’t be trailers that give away plot points."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom