• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks The Third Season - Blu-Ray & DVD hitting December 5th

robotrock

Banned
source.gif

Hearts of gold

liquidtmd

Banned
I want commentary with Gordon Cole and Dougie in character.

Special Features advertised on box: Kyle Maclachan commentary tracks on all episodes, including Finale - learn the truth after 25 years!!!

fans open box, play disc - it's Kyle as Dougie

Bit of a cock tease calling it 'the third season'. Not 'the return' or 'the final season'...

This is such a good idea.

Let me preview it for you?

"WHAT THE HELL?"

"The hell."

"THEY'LL WHAT?"

[during final scene to the audience]

"THERE THEY ARE DOUGIE. FACES OF STONE"
"Stone".

DeadTrees

Hope they reprint the original Bluray collection as well.
The region-free UK set was repackaged into a slimmer box, and is $27 directly from Amazon UK.

Can't post the link, because VigLink will silently redirect you to the Amazon US site because [herpderp].

Not

Banned
Maybe the focus on it being the third season means s4 is on the way!!! ..!!! ...! ..!!! ..?.. ..1!..!!!. !!!..... !

Would love the bluray box, hell even the DVD box would have better picture quality than the straight up garbage fire HBO Nordic offered.

Boem

Maybe the focus on it being the third season means s4 is on the way!!! ..!!! ...! ..!!! ..?.. ..1!..!!!. !!!..... !

Or maybe just that there were 2 seasons before it.

If there is going to be a 4th season, it's going to take years and years (as Lynch recently said at a Q&A). But one thing is for sure: no decision has been made at all. It's going to be years before Lynch decides to do another one, and if he does, it's going to take even more years before it's actually done. And Lynch is never going to want to do it unless he feels like there's a very strong story/journey to tell.

Right now, given the age of Lynch (he's in his 70s after all) and the mountain of work/amount of time it'd take to do more, I'll just see this is the end. It really works very well as an ending to me. Even if there is going to be more, it's never going to be all tied up in a neat bow.

Am I the only one here who doesn't like that cover? Didn't love the cover to 'The Entire Series' boxset either, for what it's worth.

I just feel like nearly everything I've seen coming out of the community has been infinitely more visually striking than this. Guess I shouldn't be too surprised given how the bulk of the stuff in the Showtime store looks.

Day One either way, was just hoping for something cooler.

I'm really really looking forward to behind the scenes/interviews for this with the cast and crew. Hearing how it all came to be and what could have been with certain actors if they had still been around
David Bowie and Frank Silva, for example.

Corpsepyre

Banned
OK, just so everyone here knows, THE RETURN was Showtime's idea, not Lynch's or Frost's. This was confirmed by Sabrina Sutherland in an interview just yesterday. The show is simply called Twin Peaks.

oon

Banned
Can't wait. The black levels were so terrible when streaming - and there was an awful lot of black this season.

Interesting it's called "The Third Season" rather than "The Return" or "Limited Event Series" as it has been in all of the show's marketing, or even "The Final Season" if it was indeed to be the end. Keeping it open for a season four? Let's hope!

That cover is fantastic as well.

Kalor

I'll get this just for an excuse to do a rewatch at some point. I like the cover but the title is quite flat. But then that's the same as the Entire Mystery blu ray set.

Nibel

So stoked for this; there were episodes that used a very dark color palette and looked kinda shit because of artifacts which is a bummer since this show is beautifully shot

And interesting that they call it season 3..

Top Bottom