• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twisted Metal |OT| Don't Eat. Don't Sleep. Play

BHK3

Banned
"We have to wonder why certain cars like Reaper were included. It has ridiculously low armor and its chainsaw special doesn't do enough damage to be worth the cost. We have heard that in the future you will be able to upgrade to a flaming chainsaw but we were unable to unlock it. For some reason the game has the car from Ghostbusters, but instead of shooting ghosts it fires a man strapped to a hotel service cart, perhaps a reference to the Slimer scene? Weapons are hard to dodge, and a lack of a shield ability makes combat painfully difficult. We encountered a glitch on the New York level that made it hard to drive on the large white field thing. 5/10"

It's incredibly hard for me to say that is accurate of gaming journalism today.

Hmm. From 14th up to top 10 now. Number 9 and climbing to be exact. Guess those worrying about it were not the norm. Seems that if anything it's getting more popular.

If the online works from day one then this game is gonna have some great word of mouth and do pretty well.

RagnarokX

You wish. It's IGN. Considering their history with the franchise and how now those left there are drooling braindead imbeciles I'm going to bet it gets a 7.2 to 7.8 range

At least IGN was better at it than Gamespot and Machinima.

I preordered the game at Gamestop today since they are having a midnight launch and as is always the case when a game comes with something for free that is not a preorder bonus they told me Twisted Metal Black was a preorder bonus and didn't mention Axel at all.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Any of you try the TM2 off the PSN? I was thinking about buying it and playing the hell out of it this weekend to get into the mood. I was wanna make sure there no major bugs.

Unicorn

Any of you try the TM2 off the PSN? I was thinking about buying it and playing the hell out of it this weekend to get into the mood. I was wanna make sure there no major bugs.

Got it the other night. Worth every penny for the memories. I'm about to play it again here in a minute. Takes some getting used to after all this time, but it still holds up.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Got it the other night. Worth every penny for the memories. I'm about to play it again here in a minute. Takes some getting used to after all this time, but it still holds up.

Thank you will purchase then. God I loved that game so much. I just hope the new game is just as good. I did not get a chance to play the demo. I am concerned a little with the impressions on how fast the game is. I loved how tactical I could be in TM2. My friend and I would perfect our strategies on each map in co-op and single player.

ElRenoRaven

ROFLMAO. Well now I have no doubt good old David is watching the thread.
DavidScottJaffe said:
My life is NOW complete! Thank you Ploid! I have arrived! FUCK YEAH!!! :) http://pic.twitter.com/DS4b5aDK

Just one example of why I love reading his Twitter. Taking such joy from him being an avatar. You'd never find any other developer taking joy in that the way he does. That said David get them to put the Twisted Metal University stuff on the site damn it. Seems so wrong to only find that stuff on the playstation blog. You'd think they'd be posting it to the Twisted Metal site too.

Unicorn

ROFLMAO. Well now I have no doubt good old David is watching the thread.

Just one example of why I love reading his Twitter. Taking such joy from him being an avatar. You'd never find any other developer taking joy in that the way he does. That said David get them to put the Twisted Metal University stuff on the site damn it. Seems so wrong to only find that stuff on the playstation blog. You'd think they'd be posting it to the Twisted Metal site too.

Woo my username is in that picture. haha

RagnarokX

Get your Jaffetars!

2B9k3.jpg
XEauQ.jpg
Hg6hK.jpg
IlBb0.jpg

ZetYp.jpg
m47j5.jpg
JDXVW.jpg
G9muJ.jpg

RagnarokX

Ha this is great! I'll take the "this is my best bad ass expression" Jaffe, though it was a tough call between "looking boldly into the distance" Jaffe.

I just noticed that if you look closely at the lens flare one it looks like he's looking at the camera through the corner of his eye :p

Tokubetsu

So how we gonna get GAF games going? Tokubetsu @ PSN. Maybe I should make a new account, call it FlameSaw.

Gonna rep this ava for a week or two. Show some TM support in OT

rdrr gnr

So, are we going to predict metascores or what? I'm thinking low 80s/high 70s with a few outlier scores from IGN/Gametrailers (high) to Eurogamer (low, as usual). I'm sure it won't be the score it deserves.
"We have to wonder why certain cars like Reaper were included. It has ridiculously low armor and its chainsaw special doesn't do enough damage to be worth the cost. We have heard that in the future you will be able to upgrade to a flaming chainsaw but we were unable to unlock it. For some reason the game has the car from Ghostbusters, but instead of shooting ghosts it fires a man strapped to a hotel service cart, perhaps a reference to the Slimer scene? Weapons are hard to dodge, and a lack of a shield ability makes combat painfully difficult. We encountered a glitch on the New York level that made it hard to drive on the large white field thing. 5/10"
This makes me feel uneasy.

Second Opinion:

"GOD, the controls are DIFFERENT, what the EFF. 3.5/10"
See, they won't use different, they'll use 'redundant' 'overly-complex' 'convoluted' i.e., it's not L1+R1, therefore it's terrible.

Flaming Chainsaw |OT| Also Contains Twisted Metal
Haha, that might work once a game moves to the Community section.

So how we gonna get GAF games going? Tokubetsu @ PSN. Maybe I should make a new account, call it FlameSaw.
I was planning on throwing together a clan and adding the frequenter posters in here like Rag/WW/X, but I won't have my hands on the game until late Tuesday night.

G9muJ.jpg

"Aye! BUY THIS FUCKING GAME" reads the caption...

ReBurn

Gold Member
I'll get the game Tuesday then go out of town for 3 days. :/

At least it will be here when I get home.

The Lamp

So, are we going to predict metascores or what? I'm thinking low 80s/high 70s with a few outlier scores from IGN/Gametrailers (high) to Eurogamer (low, as usual). I'm sure it won't be the score it deserves.

This makes me feel uneasy.

See, they won't use different, they'll use 'redundant' 'overly-complex' 'convoluted' i.e., it's not L1+R1, therefore it's terrible.

Haha, that might work once a game moves to the Community section.

I was planning on throwing together a clan and adding the frequenter posters in here like Rag/WW/X, but I won't have my hands on the game until late Tuesday night.

G9muJ.jpg

"Aye! BUY THIS FUCKING GAME" reads the caption...

The funny thing is, if you go to options and change the controls to RACING mode, they then work just like any other driving game.

Oh that gives me a wicked idea for a sweet tooth skin assuming you can skin the head which it looks like.

Totally skin it with a Jaffe head in place of the clown head. How crazy would that look. You know that would screw some people up seeing that. lol

Jaffe posted some sample custom skins on his twitter.

Toxic-Tooth.jpg

Skyninja.jpg

Zombie-Darkside.jpg

mortimer.jpg

Shadow-Baby.jpg

I don't think you can change the hair or clown nose, but it looks like you can skin the clown head to make it look closer to Jaffe.

Top Bottom