• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Fire Red Randomizer: Return to the Land of Ghost Lorelei

kyo2004

Well... it's time for some Anarchy/Democracy tug of war...

PD: someone on reddit put this...

http://dt.reddit.com/tb/23bkff

DFznn8G.png

Could be possible?... We left a Larvitar for a useless Machop (with Truant)... xD..

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
We're out of the maze. Still in democracy (to be honest I wouldn't let go of democracy just yet - I can see us fucking up and ending back into the maze).

Ondore

A chart of all the attempts of the E4 in Emerald. Some people were very productive during the downtime yesterday.

I think that actually came from an article at the new FiveThirtyEight on Tuesday.
http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/twitch-plays-pokemon-elite-four-emerald/

For days on end, players threw their team against the bosses. Nothing worked. Morale was low. The game’s organizer had set a completion deadline, only to extend it three days because of the failure.

And then, on the 103rd attempt, participants pulled it off. The team improved partly because all that playing earned them experience points, but it also made several strategic improvements.

That really rubs it in how poorly we chose our starter.

Yeah, even if machop didn't have truant, Tyranitar and Kingdra are better than Machamp

He could've been good though, given how abilities change when a pokemon evolves
EDIT: Flameslash cleaning up

1st pokemon, Cloyster, level 29, we get burn, get to red,1 heal, KO
2nd pokemon, Jynx, level 24, survives to red from flamethrower and we get KO'ed

PBalfredo

For a minute there I thought Sandsplash was going to take us through Erika, but then Jynx's Ice Punch crit'd.

It's high risk-high reward going through an Ice gym with a Ground type with Flamethrower.

Seems like people are getting annoyed at spoilers
Apparently dome was nothing exciting or significant to the lore. Unless he's trying to trick us

There's a new operation misinformation going around to spread wrong spoilers so nobody trusts any of them

ANYWAYS, ARTWORK:

Best one
dlHksCO.jpg

For a minute there I thought Sandsplash was going to take us through Erika, but then Jynx's Ice Punch crit'd.

It's high risk-high reward going through an Ice gym with a Ground type with Flamethrower.

Yeah, but hyperbug got some good experience because of it... and Flameslash had its revenge. I love that little guy.

Temathael

And we immediately tried to catch the Espeon.

Green is wrecking us but Wooper can still save the day.

Well down goes the Woop. : (

Crayolan

I missed the fight, but Erika as an Ice Type leader is pretty cool (No pun intended...). I just hope we have a dark type gym leader.

I don't get the potato joke :/

The streamer had TTS (the thing that reads the chat out loud) on for the entire Rocket Hideout just to screw with us. Someone started spamming potato in the chat, and apparently it sounded funny, so then everyone started spamming potato.

I missed the fight, but Erika as an Ice Type leader is pretty cool (No pun intended...). I just hope we have a dark type gym leader.

The streamer had TTS (the thing that reads the chat out loud) on for the entire Rocket Hideout just to screw with us. Someone started spamming potato in the chat, and apparently it sounded funny, so then everyone started spamming potato.

It would be the first dark type gym leader in the world of pokemon

EDIT: Beat Green, didn't see his team asides from a level 20 MEtang

-Horizon-

That's a thing? Huh.

Wait we just caught an Eevee and named it A according to the live blog. PC hype intensifies.
Edit: in retrospect, I wish we'd deposited the turtle. Getting eevee might have appeased some of their lore lust.

We caught an Eevee! Only problem: it's in the PC. Potentially worse problem: A large part of the chat wants to get it.

Here we go again
As long as we have flameslash our powerhouse and squirlock holmes our artwork contributor and caveman wooper our potential huge power hit and because its wooper at the end of this. I'll be ok

They would probably want skitty over everything else still. We'll likely end up ditching wooper or squirtle if they get both.

Both would be bad. Wooper is wooper and has an awesome typing and huge power, so there's potential there. Squirtle has the artwork and squirlocks holmes thing going on for him

EDIT:
Laughed real hard at this
tThEL4O.png

Both would be bad. Wooper is wooper and has an awesome typing and huge power, so there's potential there. Squirtle has the artwork and squirlocks holmes thing going on for him

EDIT:
Laughed real hard at this
tThEL4O.png
I agree that ditching either would be bad, but the chat is stupid so we have to make sacrifices. Also, flameslash is so freaking clutch. She and lazorgator should breed and make overpowered grass type babies.

Seriously they're all morons. I've never been more angry at the chat. We kept telling admit how they should spam B.

Edit: overwrote with safeguard. No idea what it does but it's not an attack so it probably is terrible.

Seriously they're all morons. I've never been more angry at the chat. We kept telling admit how they should spam B.

Edit: overwrote with safeguard. No idea what it does but it's not an attack so it probably is terrible.

Damnitt
We need bone club back in first slot ASAP
At least our safeguard now has safeguard
I am so so sorry

Top Bottom