• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Fire Red Randomizer: Return to the Land of Ghost Lorelei

Frantic Fanatic

Neo Member
I am all for capturing Torchic.

Blaziken is my favorite Pokemon due to the fact that I am also 6'3", so that theoretical trainer me and my starter Blaziken could pose back-to-back badasses style, before proceeding to decimate legions of Team Rocket trainers with roundhouse kicks and Sky Uppercuts.

And then we'd go to the arcade and play DDR.

(Seriously a Kung Fu chicken taller then most humans, and mentally unstable 10 year old kids are allowed to train Pokemon. Pokemon games are a true Mad Max society.)

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I'd prefer Pokemon we haven't used yet personally. It'd be nice if they dumped Nincada too. That's just me though.

Artwork and picture/lore post:
FCTZvk6.png

bBgKGUU

Additionally, seems like the FRrun seems to be making some TPPRed art too

dnyrn0K.png

The Big Damn Hero
twwrr3J.png

Our Awakened and Guiding Lord
RVFSTyO.png

The Dragonslayer
Wcrn8hs.png

The Powerhouse
KJtqdmF.png

Champion of Helix
8YWWiOk.png

The Surfer

PBalfredo

Sandslash is a rad pokemon, but I hope we overwrite Scratch and Mud Sport with better moves soon. Sandsplash's moveset is holding her back at the moment. If we could get better moves that take advance of her great Attack stat, then we're cooking.

This is reminding me that Flame Body is a pretty rad ability. Burn cuts the enemy's Attack in half and since they have to hit with a physical contact move to activate the ability, it's always useful when it does.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I don't get why so many people want to get Skitty back. Bad stats, cut as the only attack move, and it doesn't learn anything else. Saps all the potential out of other Pokemon that could actually be good.

And Squirtle is never going to amount to anything unless it gets rid of Odor Sleuth.

hemtae

I don't get why so many people want to get Skitty back. Bad stats, cut as the only attack move, and it doesn't learn anything else. Saps all the potential out of other Pokemon that could actually be good.

And Squirtle is never going to amount to anything unless it gets rid of Odor Sleuth.

Probably because we haven't been brainwashed by your capitalist overlords.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Wait what. I understand the first 2 points but that last part...eh?

We caught a Skittle and named it ZDNNNG - which quickly became Meow Zedong. Our starter Machop was deposited and Meow became the de facto leader. Friends were communists, enemies capitalists. However, Chairman Meow has been deposited in the PC because of its weak stats and moves.

We caught a Skittle and named it ZDNNNG - which quickly became Meow Zedong. Our starter Machop was deposited and Meow became the de facto leader. Friends were communists, enemies capitalists. However, Chairman Meow has been deposited in the PC because of its weak stats and moves.

and I'm glad. Now that Meow isn't hoarding all the experience we can maybe hopefully take in some of the variety here in Bizarro Kanto. The other monsters can finally become stronk!
just kidding this run has a massive problem with rearranging Pokemon and I'm still not that hopeful for a varied and levelled roster tbh

-Horizon-

We got a Skitty named ZDNNNG (Meow Zedong) that has kinda been the XP vacuum of this run. I think it's in the PC right now.

lol of course

Wait Cyndaquil with minimize and growth...I find that combination amusing. Along with frustration doing nothing...

We've run from basically every encounter for a while. I don't think anybody playing even cares to advance at this point.
I just looked at the stream and was shocked at how slow the commands were scrolling. Like it takes about 10 seconds from a name at the bottom of the screen to reach the top.

Ironjam

Just noticed all we had typewise was ground, water and bug.

surskit - bug/water
squirtle - water
wooper - water/ground
sandslash - ground
nincada - bug/ground

Pretty impressive how after catching 10-15 pokemon our entire lineup has 3 types and their combinations.

Crayolan

Still at Rock Tunnel? Guess this really is a much worse Mt Moon. On the bright side by the time we get through our team should be much better.

Has the original run's lore been slapjacked over this one?

Not in the slightest.

Most of the lore right now is about who A is, who Bill is, what Bill's evil motives are, and why Kanto is so insane.

I think my favorite thing now is the theory that A is Bill's daughter, which has got some exceptional art and comics:

KiraFA37

"The colors Bill! What do they mean?"

Obviously the guy that made the comic with the Linch Pin comic is part of this conspiracy.

KiraFA37

No Bill-conspiracy guys:

<twitchplayspokemon> "it's supposed to be the first generation you were there for" White names have been here since Red, blue are from Crystal, green from Emerald, and red from this current Fire Red run.

I would be white if I had a Twitch account but I just watch.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
All hail the white master race!

...wait a minute...

Should be extra special Gold for people who arrived before we acquired the Helix Fossil. Gold, bitches, gold.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
You racist!
D:<

Don't worry, lots of my friends are purple and I'm okay with green people provided they conform to white culture. I fucking hate reds though, they need to go back to where they came from.

Crayolan

All hail the white master race!

...wait a minute...

Should be extra special Gold for people who arrived before we acquired the Helix Fossil. Gold, bitches, gold.

Streamer is white supremacist confirmed.

Oh, and he said the system is kind of broken right now, so it might not display the right color. Mine was blue/purple despite being here since Red.

Don't worry, lots of my friends are purple and I'm okay with green people provided they conform to white culture. I fucking hate reds though, they need to go back to where they came from.
Don't make me sing Colors of the Wind!

White=Red
Red=FireRed
Green=Emerald
Purple= Crystal

Vashzaron

So what happens if that Nincada evolves with the empty space in our party? We get the Random poke Shedinja was randomized to or what?

Zexy reborn.

Surskit knows frustration....hehe

Well, it's still a ninja, and Meow Zedong is gone

It's still zexinja

EDIT: Rock cave at least letting us spread experience. Sandslash is now level 30 and bone club replaced scratch on the first moveslot

Wooper, Nincada, and Squirtle are now level 15-19, and Wooper has bone club and huge power and an awesome typing

Top Bottom