• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Fire Red Randomizer: Return to the Land of Ghost Lorelei

Layell

This more than any other run will make it a bit more difficult for us to level up one mon over others. We have no idea what the teams are in the future, so we cannot necessarily grind to predict what we need. When we come up against something unexpected we will have to grind up something to handle it. There is no getting a Zapdos here that we know will sweep. In terms of runs I'd say Emerald > Red > Crystal and the random factor here could easily make it the easiest or hardest. It's tough to say at this point when the last move we learn on our sweeper could be something dumb like String Shot.

KiraFA37

Natu knows high-jump kicks. Now we are also getting kicked by a bird. Makes sense since Natu's don't fly around but hop instead.

PBalfredo

Ugh. I bet more trolls will want to access the PC to deposit ZDNNNG.

Meh. While it's definitely fun to have Meow Zedong around, much like how I would like to drag around our lazy Machop, we wouldn't lose much by boxing him. Even if we somehow evolve him into Delcatty, he still has worse stats than M4. I'd like to see Sandsplash get more levels.

EDIT: Never mind. Fixed the problem!

I started my own randomized run of Emerald and my 3 starter choices were Aron, Geodude, and Bagon.

Crayolan

So we picked the dome, beat misty, denied Bill help? Excellent.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Fire Red Randomizer: Return to the Land of Dome
Twitch Plays Pokemon Fire Red Randomizer: Dome Strikes Back
Twitch Plays Pokemon Fire Red Randomizer: I Think Bulbasaur's Cry Changed

Frantic Fanatic

Neo Member
They found a Safari Ball on the ground. One more Pokemon acquirable! If that had any catch rate.

Edit: Oh, and hi.

Edit Edit: Torchic encountered! ... and dead.

This could be the most interesting team yet.

Chairman Meow is the best.
hOmrgwL.gif

hahaha
All the chairman meow zedong art is making me laugh
EDIT: Looked at google doc, our Wooper has pure power

Yeah, timid nature takes out of that a little, but PURE POWER

EDIT2: ARTWORK and SCREENS-

EDIT3: Facing Green. He has a voltorb and minun and elekid and Sedra

If we save Surskit till the end and all of his electric types have electric moves, AI will tell them to use them against him and Surskit will have a field day

Crayolan

So what's the story behind killing Bill?

Bill made the PC, so he's been blamed for all the problems we've had with it. He's also believed to have ties to the dome because in the anime his first appearance is in a Kabuto costume.

Gen 3 lore compilation

Wow that's pretty awesome. It's missing a chapter 2 though, which I'm guessing is supposed to have the starting saga with choosing between Camila/Slash/A/Mr T.

Though it's really thin after chapter 6. It goes from the new team post PC Shuffle 1 directly to the E4, when we had a lot of things happen in between then. That's like a week of skipped content right there.

Chapter 7 should have the great cabbage harvest and PC Shuffle 2, along with the fall of Bill's spy Trapinch, Bird Cop and Dottie. Also the tale of Apostrachu and C3.
Chapter 8 should include PC shuffle 3, the fate of the master ball, our adventures on the seas, the return of democracy, the improvement of our team, the story stuff, and A's fishing obsession.
Chapter 9 should be E4 pre-song of time, trying to beat the timer, recruiting annie to our team, and our failed struggle against the E4 even with lvl 100 M4.
Chapter 10 should be E4 post-song of time to the end, with getting the extended timer, our big backtrack from the E4, Mighty Doge meeting the spirit of Bird Cop, finding our guiding light Chinchou (or was this pre-song of time, I dont remember?), our team coming together, and finally defeating the E4.

I hope the person who made this continues to flesh out the entire story, Gen 3 was pretty cool simply because of how much of a struggle it was, especially at the end.

Frantic Fanatic

Neo Member
Truncated

I wholeheartedly approve of Lab Coat Science Misty.

Ya know this modded run might make me give a run though this with the randomizer. If not Pokemon, Super Metroid also has a randomizer that scrambles the items around.

Edit: Oh god the swimmers are floating face down in the poisoned water.

I wholeheartedly approve of Lab Coat Science Misty.

Ya know this modded run might make me give a run though this with the randomizer. If not Pokemon, Super Metroid also has a randomizer that scrambles the items around.

Edit: Oh god the swimmers are floating face down in the poisoned water.

"You know some guys just can't hold their Arsenic."

Yeah, we're definitely not having the same luck in Lt. Surge's gym as before
Nobody even thought of the puzzzle as anything special given the miracle last time

Top Bottom