• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Fire Red Randomizer: Return to the Land of Ghost Lorelei

Ironjam

Grass type gym, really good for us.
We have flamethrower on sandslash and megahorn/leech life on surskit,

Wait now its a tentacool.. Poison gym?

Edit: Yep, poison.

Hahaha we got the dome fossil
And Misty is a poison type trainer with Nidorina and Nidoqueen. Good team, except Meow Zedong had pyschic in the first slot

GUYS WE BEAT MISTY

I can't wait to see how this turns out. It's random right?
LJNRaop.jpg

We need to reach the Pokecenter for a checkpoint, or it's back all the way to the entrance of Mount Moon.

I'm fairly certain legendaries only switch with legendaries and non-legendaries switch with non-legendaries.

So we're only getting Mewtwo if it replaces Zapdos and we manage the Master Ball walk again.
Mewtwo should be able to appear in the wild. Only static Pokémon are switched legendaries with legendaries and non-legendaries with non-legendaries. Also, since the minimum-catch rate option is set, those hard to catch Pokémon are only as hard to catch as a starter would be, meaning a few Pokéballs should do the trick.

PBalfredo

Kinda helped with the type advantage. Nidoqueen is not to be trifled with.

We've been lucky so far with gym leaders. I've been doing a run of randomized FireRed alongside TPP and Brock's second pokemon was a Gyranados with Water Spout. I only defeated him because my starter, Bagon, the only one that could survive a single hit got a lucky paralyze off of Dragonbreath and my Pichu was lucky enough to have Volt Tackle. Shit can get rough in the land of randomizers.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
"Don't go to the bridge. You'll waste pokeballs on the trainers."

* goes to bridge

* throws pokeballs at trainer

PBalfredo

Even if it was only one, the fact we were able to catch a pokemon after wasting so many pokeballs on Nugget Bridge brings me relief.

Reyne

Our team is going to suffer M4 syndrome hard. It's already beginning and this cynical little dark blotch I've got for a heart just can't take it. my reaction to tuning in today and finding yesterday's mons nearing Level 30 while Sandslash sits at OHKO status

Accumulated advantage ( Matthew effect ) has been around since Gen 1, where a certain Pidgey took the early lead in levels and didn't look back. And it seem to happen over and over again because whoever gets the lead in levels survive longer and a such take the big bulk of the exp and get even stronger.

Though in none of the runs so far have we relied a 100% on a single Pokemon, and things tends to pan out toward the end of the game. We couldn't take on the E4 and Wallace with only M4, and the same was true for the other runs too.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Too many damn trolls who want to mess around with the PC.

They don't really want the male Kirlia we have; we can catch any number of Kirlias in the wild. They're just hoping to abuse the PC to release pokes.

Too many damn trolls who want to mess around with the PC.

They don't really want the male Kirlia we have; we can catch any number of Kirlias in the wild. They're just hoping to abuse the PC to release pokes.

I don't get the 'get just machop/kirlia!' guys but I think it'd be useful to try for a full party when we already have a decent roster. Any six Pokemon out of the PC would be an interesting crew to roll with for a while. Of course I could understand why other people don't want to take that route what with potentially awesome random mons just around the corner

Accumulated advantage ( Matthew effect ) has been around since Gen 1, where a certain Pidgey took the early lead in levels and didn't look back. And it seem to happen over and over again because whoever gets the lead in levels survive longer and a such take the big bulk of the exp and get even stronger.

Though in none of the runs so far have we relied a 100% on a single Pokemon, and things tends to pan out toward the end of the game. We couldn't take on the E4 and Wallace with only M4, and the same was true for the other runs too.
It's not that bad. Hyperbug is doing okay and I'm sure we'll catch more strong Pokemon. An M4 situation is not really happening yet.

I hope we catch or switch out more Pokemon but the true test will be determining whether or not the hivemind wants to revert back to them old gen strats and backtrack significantly at points throughout the run to train them. It seems like anything that isn't 'charging forward recklessly' or 'grab up Pokeballs to catch mons while charging forward recklessly' gets vetoed, and fast, by this hive
except for oddly specific requests to hit PC for a specific mon, like we'll just
r
altz in and just pick it up that easy
yeah maybe PC isn't such a good idea but I'd rather have a bunch of similarly leveled Pokemon we can grind all at once rather than one or two hoarding all the exp for the duration

Top Bottom